Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

The 2 most common methods of determining rate or premiums are:A:

The 2 most common methods of determining rate or premiums are:
A: community & actuarial rating
B: experience & actuarial rating
C: community & experience rating
D: actuarial rating & underwriting
E: underwriting & community rating

A health risk appraisal is an example of a ______________ review
A: concurrent
B: retrospective
C: continued pay
D: prospective

A well-run Member Service department in a MCO will always:
A: be proactive in its approach to members
B: pay claims on time because the state may have “time to pay” requirements
C: make sure it records enrollment of members accurately because physicians get paid by that information under a capitation system
D: make sure ID cards get out on time to keep members from being dissatisfied with the MCO

The HMO Act of 1973 was a landmark piece of federal legislation that:
A: caused members of HMOs to grow because of the availability of federal money
B: actually reduced the number of HMOs because the guidelines were so strict they were too hard to comply with
C: states did not want to comply with because it cost the money
D: essentially did away with indemnity insurance

_________________ is an amount the contractor may want to include to cover the unexpected items.
A: overhead
B: contingency
C: labor
D: profits

The amount of time that a particular activity can be delayed without delaying the succeeding activities earliest start time is:
A: total slack
B: free slack
C: scheduling
D: what-if period

The equation for calculating an activity’s latest start time is LS=________________
A: LF-duration estimate
B: LF-actual finish
C: early finsh+duration estimate
D: late finish+duration estimate

The objective of the cost section of a proposal is to convince the customer that the contractor’s price for the proposed project is:
A: inexpensive & affordable
B: competitive & fair
C: realistic & reasonable
D: fair & comprehensive

When a project has a negative total slack, some activities need to be _____________ in order to finish the project by its completion date.
A: accelerated
B: leveled
C: smoothed-over
D: tracked

How should a medical ethics committee be constituted? The hospital administration should chose:
A: a broad selection of stakeholders
B: the best experts it can find
C: the committee members
D: people who agree with him/her

An argument that genetic screening will inevitably lead to eugenics is probably based upon the fallacy of:
A: ad populum
B: hasty generalization
C: begging the question
D: slippery slope

What is the weakness of the following argument? (1) our medical profession is under an obligation to provide all services desired and requested be patients. (2) Some terminally ill patients will request assisted suicide (3) therefore, the medical profession is under an obligation to assist in the suicide of patients who request it.
A: Premise 2 is not true
B: Premise 1 is not true
C: Even if both premises 1 & 2 are true they do not logically imply statement 3
D: the argument has no weakness

Regarding the Human Genome Project, which of the following results is LEAST likely? It will:
A: lead to eugenics
B: lead to radical new cures
C: lead to monstrosities
D: not cause any ethical problems

Which of the following does NOT provide reasons for allowing medical resources?
A: ability to pay
B: Criminal justice
C: first come, first serve
D: distributive justice

Under conditions of _____________________ it is impossible to improve the well-being of anyone without a corresponding decline in the condition of another individual.
A:microregulation
B: pareto optimality
C: a cardinal economy
D: laisses-faire
E: macroregulation

Which of the following is NOT a strategy available to exert control over the legislative environment?
A: use of expert witness
B: policymaking
C: technical reports
D: use of trade associations

The _____________ was the most prominent group touting the virtues and potential of private insurance.
A: American Medical Association
B: United Auto Workers
C: Congress of Industrial Organizations
D: Committee n the Nation’s Health
E: Republican Party

What part of the business community is best organized for politics?
A: health care “consumers”
B: big business
C: Legislators
D: The small business community
E. Regional coalitions

The effort to move senior citizens into managed care plans began during the ______________ administration?
A: Reagan
B: Clinton
C: Carter
D: Kennedy
E: Obama
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for the questions.

Here are the answers for comparison with your own. Let me know if you have questions about any of these answers and I will double-check those.

1. C: community & experience rating
2. D: prospective
3. A: be proactive in its approach to members
4. A: caused members of HMOs to grow because of the availability of federal money
5. B: contingency
6. B: free slack
7. A: LF-duration estimate
8. C: realistic & reasonable
9 A: accelerated
10. A: a broad selection of stakeholders
11. D: slippery slope
12. B: Premise 1 is not true
13. D: not cause any ethical problems
14. B: Criminal justice
15. B: pareto optimality
16. B: policymaking
17. A: American Medical Association
18. B: big business
19. A: Reagan

Hope this helps!
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i forgot one so sorry.

"Stop-loss" is:

A. sometimes called subrogation

B. used to protect the member from serious financial consequences

C. always set at a predetermined dollar value

D never used in a risk-based system because the losses would be too hard to calcuate

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.