Martin, Physicist
Experience:  20+ years of research, engineering and teaching

For Martin 1. Explain how the temperature difference between

For Martin

1. Explain how the temperature difference between the poles and the equator drives the motion of the oceans and atmosphere.
2. What are the differences between ice caps and glaciers?
3. How do ocean currents affect local climate?
4. Why do we call groundwater in most areas a “nonrenewable resource”?
5. What is the Gulf Stream?
6. What countries are directly affected by the path of the Gulf Stream?
7. Find out what kind of rock is below the soil in your town. How did you find out this information? Live In Florida
8. Give an example of an ecosystem near your home. Describe how energy flows through this ecosystem. Live In Florida
9. How many different trophic levels were represented in your last meal? Eat salads
10. What is the ozone layer? Where is it located? Why is it important to life on Earth?
11. What steps would have to be taken to reduce the severity of the greenhouse effect?
12. Where do electric cars obtain their energy? Is it true they do not generate pollution because they have batteries?

Need by noon on 11 Aug 2013. Location questions should be answered as if you live in Florida.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Hello! Good to hear from you, and thanks for requesting me. I'm happy to help you with these, and will certainly have them done in time for your deadline. Thanks!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Martin, Physicist
Experience: 20+ years of research, engineering and teaching
I hope you're doing well. Let me know if you have any trouble opening the file. I can always provide the answers in other formats if Word docs are not good for you. Either way, please let me know.