1.Transaction processing systems process data in two basic ways: _______________ and _______________. 1. Online processing, offline processing 2. Online/real-time processing, batch processing 3. Distributed processing, centralized processing 4. Replicated processing, distributed processing 2.Which of the following is supported by the marketing business function? 1. Compensation analysis 2. Process control 3. Credit management 4. Sales force automation 3.Electronic mail, voice mail, faxing, Web publishing, bulletin board systems, and paging are considered _______________ tools. 1. electronic communication 2. collaborative work management 3. electronic conferencing 4. All of the choices are correct. 4.Which of the following applications focuses on developing the most efficient and effective sourcing and procurement processes? 1. Customer relationship management 2. Enterprise resource planning 3. Knowledge management 4. Supply chain management 5._______________ are events that occur as part of doing business, such as sales, purchases, deposits, withdrawals, refunds, and payments. 1. Items 2. Transactions 3. Occurrences 4. Processes
6.A(n) _______________ architecture illustrates the inter-relationships of the major cross-functional enterprise applications that many companies have, or are installing, today.
1. enterprise application 2. enterprise operation 3. cross-functional 4. none of the choices are correct.
7._______________ is the technological backbone of e-business, an enterprise-wide transaction framework with links into sales order processing, inventory management and control, production and distribution planning, and finance.1. Enterprise resource planning 2. Supply chain management 3. Electronic data interchange 4. Partner relationship management
8.CRM systems help marketing professionals do all of the following except:
1. Qualify leads for targeted marketing 2. Schedule direct marketing mailings 3. Track direct marketing mailings 4. Build up-to-date marketing brochures
9.The demands of today's competitive business environment are pushing manufacturers to use which of the following technologies to help them re-engineer their relationships with suppliers, distributors, and retailers?
1. Intranets 2. Extranets 3. E-commerce Web portals 4. All of the choices are correct.
10.A CRM system should support the organization in which phase of the relationship between a business and its customers?
1. Acquire and enhance 2. Enhance and retain 3. Acquire, enhance, and retain 4. Acquire and retain
11.CRM systems help a company identify, reward, and market to their most loyal and profitable customers through:
1. Analytical marketing software 2. Databases that include a customer data warehouse and CRM data mart 3. Data mining tools 4. All of the choices are correct.
12.Which of the following would occur in stage 3 of a supply chain management implementation?
1. Order fulfillment 2. Collaborative marketing 3. Order management 4. Resource allocation
13.When a company addresses issues such as authenticating users of their website, authorizing access, and enforcing the security features that protect both consumers and their data, the company is addressing the _______________ component of the e-commerce process.
1. event notification 2. profiling and personalizing 3. search management 4. access control and security
14.Which of the following statements reflects the e-commerce success factor of security and reliability?
1. "I want to be able to quickly find what I'm looking for." 2. "I want the lowest price on the Web, every time." 3. "I'm looking for a huge variety of goods and services." 4. "I want to receive my order in the timeframe promised."
15.When companies have both e-commerce virtual business operations and traditional physical business operations, they must decide whether to integrate the two or keep them separate. Office Depot was cited in the text as a company that:
1. Kept the .com sales channel separate from the traditional business operations 2. Fully integrated the .com sales channel into their traditional business operations 3. Partially integrated the .com sales channel into their traditional business operations 4. Dropped its .com sales channel due to a lack of profitability
16.MS Market lets Microsoft employees easily order low-cost items _______________.
1. in a controlled fashion 2. at a low cost 3. without going through a complicated PO approval process 4. All of the choices are correct.
17.A _______________ buy-side marketplace attracts many suppliers that flock to the exchange to bid for the business of a major buyer, such as GE or AT&T.
1. many-to-one 2. some-to-many 3. many-to-some 4. many-to-many
18.The latest e-commerce transaction systems are scaled and customized to allow buyers and sellers to meet in a variety of high-speed trading platforms, such as:1. Auctions 2. Catalogs 3. Exchanges 4. All of the choices are correct.
19.All of the following would be considered an AI application in the cognitive science group except:1. Expert systems 2. Neural networks 3. Speech recognition 4. Learning systems
20.An inventory control expert system is an example of an expert system in the application category of:1. Decision management 2. Selection/classification 3. Process monitoring/control 4. Diagnostic/troubleshooting
21.According to the text, all of the following are major limitations of an expert system except:
1. It has a limited focus 2. Users of the system have a high learning curve 3. It is unable to learn 4. It is costly to develop
22.Which one of the following should be used to answer the question, "What would happen to sales if we cut advertising by 25 percent?"1. Goal-seeking 2. Optimization 3. Sensitivity 4. What-if
23.All of the following would be considered an AI application in the robotics group except:1. Visual perception 2. Neural networks 3. Locomotion 4. Navigation
24.Using a decision support system involves all of the following types of analytical modeling activities except _______________ analysis.
1. sensitivity 2. exception 3. what-if 4. goal-seeking
25.Which of the following artificial intelligence applications can learn by processing sample problems and their solutions?
1. Knowledge-based systems 2. Neutral networks 3. Expert systems 4. Fuzzy logic systems