This is the assignment. It is an interview as before.
Application: Evaluating a Health Information System
This week, you will identify a health information system in your community (local, county, or state level). Contact the appropriate department of the host organization, and interview at least one person to learn about the development and implementation of the system. Write a critique of the system based on what you have learned in this course. Be sure to include a description of the system, the name and title of the person with whom you spoke, and how their process was similar or different from what you have learned about when planning and implementing this type of project. You may go to the programmer you spoke to previously; however, if you do, this programmer must be in the field of public health or healthcare.
You may conduct a phone or face-to-face interview. Set aside at least one hour for this discussion. Examples of the types of questions you might consider asking are presented below. This list is not comprehensive. You should think of other questions that relate to the concepts presented throughout this course.
· Who decided an information system was needed?
· Was a team approach to design used? If so, who was on the team?
· How was the new system created? Did you purchase something off the shelf or have it developed in-house? Did you send out an RFP?
· How were stakeholders involved in the process?
· Application: Evaluating a Health Information System
· Last week you began evaluating a health information system applying what you have learned throughout this course. Be sure to include a description of the system, the name and title of the person with whom you spoke, and how their process was similar or different from what you have learned about planning and implementing this type of project.
· In your write-up of this interview, please include an introductory paragraph and a summary of your observations, with reference to your reading in this week and in previous ones. Remember to use APA formatting, and to include your references. This Application is due by Day 7 of this week.