Alex
Alex, Engineer
Experience:  BS in Business Administration with a major in MIS. 15+ years experience in software design and development.
50749495

Alex, this is john- you did my programmer interview the other

Customer Question

Alex, this is john- you did my programmer interview the other day. I have a discussion post can you help. I need to bring my grade up to a 90% to be in good standing. I will also do the discussion post and compare with yours
Category: Homework
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Alex :

Hi John. How long does the post need to be and can you upload a copy of those pages?

Customer:

Alex are you there?

Alex :

Yes

Customer:

Decision Support Case Study

There are distinct benefits to public health professionals when using decision support and expert systems. As discussed this week in the readings, the increased volume of data, the need for faster decision making, and the sharing of information to a broader audience more quickly are a few that can be realized.

Review the short case on pages 510–511 of your O'Carroll course textbook. With these thoughts in mind:

Post a response by Day 4 to the following:

• Summarize the benefits of using a decision support system as discussed in the case study. Support your response.

Customer:

250 to 300 words

Alex :

Ok, I can pull it off. Would be better if I had a picture of those two page I could read through. Is that possible?

Customer:

I am here for the rest of the night. I would like you to read the chapter to reference it . I too will do the work and compare so as to have a better grade.

Customer:

I do not need it tonight. I will need it on thursday

Alex :

I'm familiar with decision support systems and expert systems so all I need are pages 510-511. I only have about 20 minutes left tonight but shouldn't be a problem.

Customer:

Do you have the book?

Alex :

I do not.

Alex :

You would have to take a picture of those pages with your phone.

Customer:

Actually, I am not familiar with taking picture with my phone. Can I scene it tomorrow and e mail it to you?

Alex :

Yes, that would be fine. Also, if you give me about 10 minutes I think I can do it without the book.

Customer:

You mean tonight?

Alex :

Yes, right now.

Alex :

If you aren't complete happy with it send me the info tomorrow and I'll look at it again.

Customer:

You must be good in this field.

Customer:

OK

Alex :

It's your lucky day, I work in healthcare software :)

Customer:

Will you still need the pages, I will read the chapter and do the work also only I want to make sure to get a better grade as the term is ending soon.

Alex :

I'll be happy to look at the pages tomorrow if you like. Totally up to you. I feel confident I can nail it.

Customer:

Alex, you may need to finish the course with me cause I surely need an A

Alex :

Would love to help.

Alex :

Just a couple more minutes and we should be set here.

Customer:

I have one application more and two discussion, I will need your help to bring my grades up

Customer:

I wait for you OK

Alex :

Sure, no problem.

Alex :

Here is tonight's at 293 words.

Alex :

The use of decision support systems in the public healthcare field have become more common as the amount of data that is available in the healthcare arena continues to increase with organizations needing better ways to be able to fashion raw data into information that can actually be used to drive decisions. Decision support systems comprise the tools necessary to transform information about patients at a summary level that allows someone to make a decision based on that information. The major advantage to the use of a decision support system lies in the ability of an application to exist that allows someone within the organization to find valuable pieces of information within the overall data set. Relying on any manual method or experience alone can’t provide the level of expertise that is created when a large data set is boiled down into manageable components. A decision support system while immensely beneficial does require some planning involving both business users as well as the IT department. The IT department should be relied upon to take data and move it into a model that provides the average user with the ability to quickly understand the information that is available. While information stored about patients may be abstracted in a database somewhere the end user of the DSS must be able to look at the data in a logical manner that doesn’t require someone to understand relational databases or data structures in general. The one distinct characteristic of the DSS relative to the Expert System is that the DSS is structured around how to provide someone with the information they need to make a decision while an ES is designed around collecting the information and rules necessary to allow the application itself to make a decision.

Alex :

Let me know what you think here. I believe it provides a nice overview of the DSS and how it relates to expert systems.

Alex :

Also, I would recommend that as we complete questions we lock them so that they aren't searchable on Google a few days from now.

Customer:

good, so we will still need to meet tomorrow when I get you the pages?

Alex :

Totally up to you. I'll be happy to review them for you and make sure my answer meets the expectation.

Alex :

As long as you provide a positive rating following each assignment I'll be happy to assist further.

Customer:

when I log in tomorrow it will not be a problem to find you in the system as the system always asking for money

Alex :

:) Ok...I don't really see that side of it. We are independent contractors so we only see the commission we earn and your question.

Alex :

If you remember to respond here on this particular question it will send me an email and makes it easy to find.

Alex :

I'm usually online evenings from around 9 PM - 11:30PM Central Standard Time

Customer:

Find you here right? how about the pages where to send them?

Customer:

We will need to reference the work

Alex :

Upload them to http://ge.tt or http://www.wikisend.com You may also be able to attach them here but those two sites are easy. They will provide you with a link that you can share with me here.

Alex :

Yes, find me here and I'll also add references for you tomorrow.

Alex :

Have a good evening, just respond here tomorrow night.

Customer:

thanks Alex, and I will see you tomorrow at the same time--right?

Alex :

Yes, when you respond I'll get an email and I'll get online as long as it's in the time I specified above. 9 PM - 11:30 PM CST

Alex :

Thanks!

Customer:

my time here is 2:35 now

Alex :

2:35 AM?

Alex :

If 2:35 AM then you are about 2.5 hours ahead of me which would mean I am online from 11:30 PM to 2 AM your time.

Alex :

I'm online and ready to help.

Customer:

I am here Alex

Customer:

here is the summary, it seem different from your work.

Pages 510 and 511

The head of a state public health department wants to build a decision support system for use by public environmental specialists who are responsible for monitoring contaminants in well water, streams, and lakes in the state. The decision support system would provide the environmental specialists with access via laptop computers to toxicological profiles of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) and to the Environmental Protection Agency’s Reference Dose Media Evaluation Guide (RMEGs) comparison values. It would provide recommended action levels through incorporation of the EPA’s Maximum Contaminant Levels (MCLs). As conceived by the head of the department, the system would permit public Environmental Specialists to enter data related to contaminant measurements, then send that data via remote hookup via the state’s contaminant databases. This data would be site-specific. The system would then compare this data to the RMEG comparison values and to the MCLs and generate an action to be taken by environmental specialist at the site. These specialists have used laptop computers in their work for many years, and they have complained frequently about the slowness of the current assessment processes, which require manual collection of data and then a considerable wait before agency officials analyze and provide recommended courses of action. However, many of the specialists are not schooled in the use of databases. In addition, some have expressed concerns that the proposed decision support system might not meet all their needs or else would by-pass their judgment. Finally, the guidelines to be incorporated in the system change over time.

Alex :

Yes, not what I expected. I will have to modify it.

Alex :

Just include anything else you have. I need to step away for about 30 minutes but will be back.

Customer:

Sorry Alex, I was trying if I could send the scene pages but they are not clear so I had to write it out

Alex :

No problem.

Customer:

that is fine

Alex :

Ok, back in about 30.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

The 510 and 511 pages are scene but not clear, however, I like to send them to you from my e mail but don't know how to get them here from my mail.

Alex :

Figure out how to send?

Customer:

you are there?

Alex :

y

Alex :

Working on the rewrite.

Alex :

Did you have a chance to save the images so you could upload them to ge.tt or wikisend.com?

Customer:

Ok

Alex :

Did we need a reference?

Alex :

I'm done.

Customer:

yes I need a reference

Alex :

Ok, almost done.

Alex :

All set:

The use of decision support systems in the public healthcare field have become more common as the amount of data that is available in the healthcare arena continues to increase with organizations needing better ways to be able to fashion raw data into information that can actually be used to drive decisions. A decision support system for use by the public health department would be a great solution to the current problem they are facing in regards XXXXX XXXXX well water, streams and lakes for contaminants. While the information is currently gathered and submitted in a manual fashion the result of the test takes a considerable amount of time and does rely on the instinct of the person who is conducting the analysis. While many specialists may feel that the decision support system would undermine their role the opposite is true. Utilizing the DSS the specialist will be able to more quickly gather information and then have it automatically uploaded at which point the DSS can perform the necessary processing of the raw data into actionable metrics. The DSS actually removes the guesswork from the equation by relying on the data results as compared to the standards set forth by the environmental protection agency. Another significant benefit to the system is that all the collected information is available for all test sites almost immediately providing feedback to those who may be able to notice trends that exist in terms of contaminants and how best to approach their future test to those sites that may likely be contaminated. In this particular case we are actually assigning geographic or GIS data to our DSS (Megarai, 2008). For those who doubt the reliability of the system they must realize that the system is a decision support system and not an expert system designed to take expert knowledge and make the decision for them. A DSS drives better decisions by making information available to the person who ultimately makes actionable decisions.

GIS Applications in Public Health as Decision Making Support System. 2008. M.S. Mesgari. World Applied Sciences Journal. Retrieved August 7th, 2013 from http://www.idosi.org/wasj/wasj3(supplement%201)/11.pdf

Alex :

Take a look, I'll stay here until you've had a chance to review.

Customer:

I am reading it

Customer:

I am OK, I will time to read it

Customer:

I you still around or you are going now?

Alex :

I can hang around for a bit.

Customer:

There is some thing I wanted you to read from the other page but don't know how to send it to you from my e mail

Alex :

The only way would be to save the image on your computer and then upload it to www.wikisend.com and post the download link here.

Customer:

some answers about the benefits that the question is asking are on the other page

Alex :

Are there 3 or 4 keywords you can pick out from there and just type here?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

I will do it now

Alex :

k

Customer:

Some of the benefits are 1: the analysis of surveillance data to detect aberrations that may represent outbreak. 2: the process of preparing an outbreak- specific surveys that may be used in an interview and also accompany disease investigations

Customer:

3: resource management 4: decision support is clearly applicable to the dissemination of practice guideline by encoding such guideline in computable form and delieving them to public health clinic....

Alex :

Ok, incorporated all but #4, I believe I have that covered in general in the overall paper. I had to drop a couple of sentences that I felt weren't adding a whole lot of value to keep our word count in check.

Alex :

The use of decision support systems in the public healthcare field have become more common as the amount of data that is available in the healthcare arena continues to increase with organizations needing better ways to be able to fashion raw data into information that can actually be used to drive decisions. A decision support system for use by the public health department would be a great solution to the current problem they are facing in regards XXXXX XXXXX well water, streams and lakes for contaminants. While the information is currently gathered and submitted in a manual fashion the result of the test takes a considerable amount of time and does rely on the instinct of the person who is conducting the analysis. While many specialists may feel that the decision support system would undermine their role the opposite is true. Utilizing the DSS the specialist will be able to more quickly gather information and then have it automatically uploaded at which point the DSS can perform the necessary processing of the raw data into actionable metrics. There are a number of benefits to the DSS including the ability to detect anomalies in the data that may relate to a potential outbreak. Having this information will help public health professionals prepare for potential outbreaks and determine the types of questions that can be used to better understand when the potential for outbreak exist. Because the DSS contains the ability to more quickly gather and use valuable data there is a reduced need for the overhead and resources required by the manual process. Another significant benefit to the system is that all the collected information is available for all test sites almost immediately providing feedback to those who may be able to notice trends that exist in terms of contaminants and how best to approach their future test to those sites that may likely be contaminated. In this particular case we are actually assigning geographic or GIS data to our DSS (Megarai, 2008). For those who doubt the reliability of the system they must realize that the system is a decision support system and not an expert system designed to take expert knowledge and make the decision for them. A DSS drives better decisions by making information available to the person who ultimately makes actionable decisions.

Alex :

I have just a few minutes left tonight, does this work?

Customer:

did you see the benefits I send you?

Alex :

Yes, I included them in the answer above.

Customer:

It will be fine if you just include some benefits

Alex :

Yes, I included the benefits you sent: There are a number of benefits to the DSS including the ability to detect anomalies in the data that may relate to a potential outbreak. Having this information will help public health professionals prepare for potential outbreaks and determine the types of questions that can be used to better understand when the potential for outbreak exist. Because the DSS contains the ability to more quickly gather and use valuable data there is a reduced need for the overhead and resources required by the manual process.

Alex :

Here is the updated complete post:

Alex :

Customer:

Are you done?

Alex :

Yes, it's complete and includes the benefits you just sent.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX need me to rate you now? what rate do you need ?

Alex :

Good or Excellent. Good is fine, let's see if your grade starts to improve.

Alex :

Just rate and let me know when I can help next.

Alex :

Still there?

Customer:

Thanks talk to you again

Alex :

Sounds great. Thank you.

Alex, Engineer
Experience: BS in Business Administration with a major in MIS. 15+ years experience in software design and development.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alex, I will need you on Monday night to help me with my week 12 application - PUBH 6227 health informatics

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,

I'll be online tomorrow night around 9-9:30 CST, just open a question and let me know.

Thanks
Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alex are you in tonight? please let me know

Its John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alex

my time now is 12: 20 pm so what is the exact time to look for you?

john

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
Been out of town. Looks like you are two hours ahead of me? What time zone are you in? I'm usually on around 9:30 PM CST most nights unless I'm out of town.

Let me know what I can help with.

Thanks
Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alex,

This is the assignment. It is an interview as before.

Application: Evaluating a Health Information System

This week, you will identify a health information system in your community (local, county, or state level). Contact the appropriate department of the host organization, and interview at least one person to learn about the development and implementation of the system. Write a critique of the system based on what you have learned in this course. Be sure to include a description of the system, the name and title of the person with whom you spoke, and how their process was similar or different from what you have learned about when planning and implementing this type of project. You may go to the programmer you spoke to previously; however, if you do, this programmer must be in the field of public health or healthcare.

You may conduct a phone or face-to-face interview. Set aside at least one hour for this discussion. Examples of the types of questions you might consider asking are presented below. This list is not comprehensive. You should think of other questions that relate to the concepts presented throughout this course.

· Who decided an information system was needed?

· Was a team approach to design used? If so, who was on the team?

· How was the new system created? Did you purchase something off the shelf or have it developed in-house? Did you send out an RFP?

· How were stakeholders involved in the process?

· Application: Evaluating a Health Information System

· Last week you began evaluating a health information system applying what you have learned throughout this course. Be sure to include a description of the system, the name and title of the person with whom you spoke, and how their process was similar or different from what you have learned about planning and implementing this type of project.

· In your write-up of this interview, please include an introductory paragraph and a summary of your observations, with reference to your reading in this week and in previous ones. Remember to use APA formatting, and to include your references. This Application is due by Day 7 of this week.

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
Same word requirement as before? The last one was around 500.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, same like before, around 500 words. I am going to pay for this assignment now. This assignment is due tomorrow, Sunday night so take your time. send me an e mail when done.

Again, I am looking for Walden university PUBH 6235" program design" sample( passed) exam questions. Please let me know if you can help.

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
Ok, all set. 583 words.

Please remember to rate it or respond back for more details.

Thanks
Alex

http://ge.tt/7gr2Mrp/v/0?c
Alex, Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alex

I want to make payment for the home work you did for me.

How can I

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alex, thanks for your help I will contact you again as school is now closed.

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. Thanks!