FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

Question 1 of 20Which of the following frameworks would be

Question 1 of 20
Which of the following frameworks would be most likely to justify convicting an innocent person?
A. Virtue ethics
B. Utilitarianism
C. Kantian ethics
D. Natural law
Question 2 of 20
Which of the following is a "tendency to behave in certain ways in certain circumstances?”
A. Character trait
B. Virtue
C. Vice
D. All of the above
Question 3 of 20
Which of the following is a virtue commonly emphasized in criminal justice organizations?
A. Generosity
B. Faithfulness
C. Wisdom
D. Gratitude
Question 4 of 20
Aristotle's ethics was teleological, meaning:
A. theoretical.
B. directed toward a goal or end.
C. superior to prior ethics.
D. directed toward others.
Question 5 of 20
Disloyalty, greed, mercilessness, prejudice, and intolerance are examples of:
A. moral virtues.
B. corrective emotions.
C. other-directed traits.
D. moral vices.
Question 6 of 20
According to Aristotle, what we aim at in life—the highest good—is:
A. prosperity.
B. happiness.
C. wealth.
D. inspiration.
Question 7 of 20
Forgiveness __________ anger, encouraging us to feel it with proper intensity and for the right length of time.
A. increases
B. inflames
C. “checks”
D. multiplies
Question 8 of 20
Which of the following is an approach to justice which focuses on repairing harms through processes involving the offender, victim, and community?
A. Selective enforcement
B. Broken windows
C. General deterrence
D. Restorative justice
Question 9 of 20
Which of the following comes closest to what Aristotle regarded as the highest human good?
A. Pleasure
B. Avoidance of pain
C. Flourishing
D. Prosperity
Question 10 of 20
Which of the following types of programs seeks to bring victims and offenders together, promoting healthy interaction between them?
A. Offender-witness reunification
B. Preservation programs
C. Victim-offender reconciliation
D. Validation programs
Question 11 of 20
With regard to how we feel about ourselves and our own accomplishments, which of the following would be the virtuous midpoint between moral deficiency and excess?
A. Arrogance
B. Servility
C. Self-respect/proper pride
D. Courage
Question 12 of 20
Which of the following is a key Aristotelian idea that describes a midpoint between extremes of excess and deficiency?
A. Eudaimonia
B. The golden mean
C. The middle path
D. Care
Question 13 of 20
Part of the value of moral virtues is that they help us overcome tendencies to think, feel, and act in ways indifferent or harmful. In other words, we can think of virtues as:
A. irascible.
B. corrective.
C. servile.
D. intrinsic.
Question 14 of 20
The term Aristotle uses to describe the “good life” is:
A. eudaimonia.
B. fulfillment.
C. blossoming.
D. nichomachean.
Question 15 of 20
Traits of character that dispose a person to act in a moral fashion are typically referred to as:
A. vices.
B. character tendencies.
C. dispositional values.
D. virtues.
Question 16 of 20
Which of the following would be considered biogenic needs?
A. Money
B. Shelter and clean air
C. Friendship
D. Procreation
Question 17 of 20
Which of the following is NOT one of the universal conditions of human flourishing outlined in your textbook?
A. Cooperative relationships
B. Fulfillment of biogenic needs
C. Pleasurable activity
D. Connectedness with others
Question 18 of 20
Which of the following frameworks encourages us to imagine alternative solutions to moral dilemmas, “focusing less on deciding between given alternatives” and, instead, “envisioning new alternatives” that we may not have initially considered?
A. Utilitarianism
B. Kantian ethics
C. Care ethics
D. Ethical egoism
Question 19 of 20
When confronted with a moral dilemma, care ethics encourages us to consider:
A. relevant duties and imperatives.
B. equality and proportionality.
C. situational factors and the needs of all involved.
D. natural and legal rights.
Question 20 of 20
According to Aristotle, human beings are different from all other living things because of our:
A. tolerance for pain.
B. reason and rationality.
C. free will.
D. faithfulness.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional, FiveStarLaw, a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi Seth,

Thank you for directing your question to me. I am working on the answer now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANK YOU...would you be willing to answer another 20 questions this evening ?

I very much would enjoy that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok great...Ill send them to you shorty after i add excellent service and tip...