In this assignment, you will develop an ER diagram for the given scenario. To complete this assignment, you will need MySQL Workbench. MySQL Workbench is available for free download at www.mysql.com under the Downloads (GA) tab.
You have been hired by the sales department of ABC Manufacturing. Mark Harris, the sales manager has requested that you develop an ER model for his customer relationship management (CRM) system that he is proposing. The requirements for the database are:
- The model must store mailing and contact information for all clients.
- The clients may have multiple contacts.
- Each of these contacts may have a different address.
- The model must store short description of each e-mail, conversation, or mailing to each client.
- The model must attach the client to the assigned sales person.
Harris believes four entities are required to accomplish the above tasks.
Using your knowledge of database models and their design, accomplish the following tasks:
- In MySQL Workbench 5.2, create an ER diagram that meets the above requirements. Include both Entity Classes and attributes that are necessary, given the above requirements. Save your ER model as an .mwb file.
- In a separate Microsoft Word document, describe the various relationships between the different entities in the ER diagram.
Cite any sources in APA format
Based on the scenario and the requirements from assignment 1, using both MySQL Server and MySQL Workbench, create a schema called ABC_YourLastName. In this schema, create all the necessary tables, columns, and relationships to complete your database.
You can download and view an example of MySQL Schema called "MySQL Sample Database" at www.mysqltutorial.org.
To submit your database to the Dropbox, you must export the schema to a file. To perform an export, complete the following steps from the MySQL Workbench Home tab:
- Click Manage Import/Exportunder the Server Administration column.
- Make sure Data Export is highlighted on the Task and Object Browser.
- Check the box next to ABC_YourLastName in the left dialog box.
- Under Options, select the Export to Self-Contained Fileradio button and note the file path.
- Change the name of the file from the default to LastName_FirstInitial.sql.
- Click Start Export.
- When the export is complete, you will need to upload the file to the Dropbox.
In addition, complete the following tasks in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document:
- Describe your database.
- Explain which tables, columns, keys, and so on will be seen in the schema.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.