TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

**For TheDoctor** i created a google map project based on

**For TheDoctor**
i created a google map project based on an example i saw on this site

i have it all working, but i want to use custom markers and cant figure out how to use them.

i tried to use the code in this example

but i couldnt make the code work with the force zoom code

if possible i would like to have smaller markers like the small green ones on the map towards the bottom of the page

and if possible and if its not complicated have the options to categorize in different colors, which would be nice but i would be happy with just having smaller colored markers.

thanks for you help, its much appreciated
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

By when do you need this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

soon as possible, but i got about a little over 2 weeks

Hello again Chris!

Can you please send me what you have as of right now? Zip everything up, including the JavaScript files, and upload the zip file to

Once uploaded, you will be given a link on the right. Click on the 'Copy Link' option and then paste it here.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

heres the link

let me know if it came over all right

Hello again Chris,

Yes. Everything came through. I am view the site now. I will contact you once I have your solution.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks alot. Your help is much apreciated

Hello again Chris!

Please download the files here:

I have your smaller green marker in there and the force zoom still works.

Smaller markers requires a custom marker image, not just a color change. So I have included the png file and the custom image is called in the code.

If you take a look at the code, I also added the functionality for you to add different marker image files based on category. Take a look at the switch statement on line 1072 of your stadiums file:

switch(cat) {
case "cat1":
//return new google.maps.MarkerImage('nameOfMarkerFile');
case "cat2":
case "cat3":
return new google.maps.MarkerImage('pin_green.png');

Right now, none of the cats on the page are cat1, cat2, cat3. I put those in there just as place holders. The page right now just uses the default, which is the pin_green.png

Now, let's say that you want to use blue bins for cat1 (or whatever you name it). You would need a pin_blue.png file (which you can easily create just by editing the pin_green.png file). Then, uncomment the code under the appropriate case and place the new file name in the nameOfMarker argument. It is that simple.

Let me know if you have any questions at all. I'm here to help!

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so am i able to replace that green pin image with any image i want?

Absolutely! Simply place the image file in the directory with the files, and then change the file name in the code. See where it says:

Simply change the file name in that statement.

And, of course, you would use different file names throughout the cases whenever you categorize the items so that you can have different images for each category. You can use any image that you want.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you again!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just had one more question. Can you customize the white text window on google maps?

Hello again Chris.

That is an unrelated question that would require additional work. It is possible, but I see no options available in the jMapping plugin to do so.

Google has a utility that you can use in your code to achieve this. here is the documentation.

Here is the code.

You include the JavaScript in your file after the Google Maps API scripts. You can then modify the infobox using this new class.

If you need assistance with doing this, I would kindly ask that you rate this question and open a new one. This is a lot of additional work and was not part of your original question.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks i will open a new question for the info box and ill be working on some other projects that i will probably need some help on. Thanks again and thanks for your speedy assistance. i will definitely give you the highest rating.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.