Amber E.
Amber E., Lawyer
Experience:  B.A., M.B.A., J.D. degrees
17831645

The word catholic as first applied to the Christian

1 of 11

2 of 11
The main philosophical view of the Gnostic school viewed matter and spirit as:
inseparable and complimentary forces that were fulfilled through Jesus.
divided and ultimately associated matter as an evil force separate from God.
representing the dualism of both male and female beings.
created by God and represented through Jesus' experience on Earth.

3 of 11
What was one of the main reasons for Rome's persecution of members of the Christian movement?

4 of 11
Which council attempted to end early Christian theological bickering by stating that God and Jesus were of the same substance?

5 of 11
What were the main components or rules of monastic ChristXXXXX XXXXXfe as established by St. Benedict in the sixth century?

6 of 11
What was a crucial doctrinal issue between Eastern and Western based churches that led to a permanent schism between the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church?

7 of 11
What is the term used by the Roman Catholic Church for stating the doctrine that by a priest's words in the Mass the substance of the bread and wine becomes the real body and blood of Christ?

8 of 11
What is the name of the great theological work written by Thomas Aquinas in the 13th century?

9 of 11
What did Martin Luther believe was necessary for people to gratefully practice good works in God's name?

10 of 11
Which protestant theologian founded a Christian theocracy in Geneva, Switzerland?

11 of 11
Matching. Please select the appropriate religious groups or organizations associated with the statements below.
This group meets without any prepared discourse.
This group believed in incorporating the life of Christ into everyday activities.
The emphasis is placed on preaching the word, not on ritual or sacraments.
This movement is based upon the visions of Joseph Smith.
This movement rejected infant baptisms because the baby would not understand the meaning of the event.

1 of 11
The word catholic as first applied to the Christian movement meant:

2 of 11

3 of 11
Christians were associated with Jews who were distrusted by Romans.
Christians were draining the state of resources and not paying taxes.
Roman centurions were upset by Christianity's non-violent stance.
Christians presented a direct threat to existing Roman religious systems.

4 of 11

Monks should pray, fast, and preside over mass throughout the week.
Monks and nuns should work part-time in local villages and pray daily with the laity.
Monks should work in the fields, have directed reading, and worship daily.
Monks and nuns should pray, meditate and enjoy all of God's creation.

6 of 11
Eastern churches insisted that God was all spirit and never matter.
Western churches argued that the Holy Spirit proceeded from the "Son".
Eastern churches argued that a Pope or King had no religious authority.
Western churches claimed that Jesus was sent by himself not by the Spirit.

7 of 11

8 of 11

9 of 11
What did Martin Luther believe was necessary for people to gratefully practice good works in God's name

10 of 11

11 of 11
Category: Homework
Expert:  Amber E. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Amber E., Lawyer
Experience: B.A., M.B.A., J.D. degrees