R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

Hello! Would you able to answer another homework question

"For Logic Pro"

Hello! Would you able to answer another homework question if I sent a zip file with some code? The deadline is over 4 days. Thank you.

Welcome back.
Let me know the details.
If you have any file(s), Zip all files, upload the zipped file to and post download link here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi! Thanks very much. I've included a word document with the details inside the zip file. The deadline is in 4 days. Let me know if there is missing information for this assignment. I am currently working on a few different, shorter assignments. Thanks again

I will review it and let you know ASAP.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello. The deadline is actually 6 days - Wednesday at midnight. I'd be very grateful for any help you can give me with this problem. Thanks!

My apologies. I tried but lost. I am out of ideas and opting out for other Professionals to answer. Please wait. You will be notified by email as soon as any Professional joins you. I will help you with your other questions though. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay thanks very much!

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find another professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I am okay with waiting. Thank you.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue to search for a professional to assist you.

I'd be glad to help with your question. I'll work over it and get back to you by Wednesday.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much! Please let me know if you need more information from me. I will try to send updated code in the meantime.

Sample output provided for either input file doesn't seem to be correct. You may check for towers0.txt, where TW98 should be able to communicate with 3 towers - TW52, TW2a and CT4b, but the sample output shows maximum communication count of 2.
You may verify this using calculator at (TW98's range is 2.9mile = 4.667 km).

Also, coverage area for first input file isn't matching with my result. I've double checked my code, there shouldn't be any error. I'd suggest talking to your instructor regarding sample outputs and let me know what he says.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you are correct, and the sample output is incorrect. I have tried working through the problem with another student and the instructor - it should be 3 towers, not 2. Regarding coverage area for the first input file, I feel positive that there is no error in your code; but unfortunately, at this time, I have no revised output from the instructor to confirm this.

I apologize for this inconvenience, and will be very grateful for your careful work!

Ok, on second note, it seems output was correct given the condition that minimum of the two tower's range is the communication range, which gives same result as the sample outputs for both input files. Previously, I had been using maximum of the two tower's ranges.
As for coverage, I haven't still been able to arrive at the result shown in sample outputs. First input is giving 88.5% while second is giving 99.9% coverage. I'll review my code again and let you know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much! The instructor has said the sample output was correct. As for the coverage part, I am glad just to have a reference to work with, so it is no problem if the first input does not give a match. Thanks again!

Ok, I'll finish it and send to you by tonight. Just one final question, which python version are you using? I've been coding it in v3.3.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great thanks. I use version 2.7.5.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech