Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1. Norm is a union negotiator who is working on a bargaining agreement

1. Norm is a union negotiator who is working on a bargaining
agreement between his union and the automobile manufacturing
plant where the employees work. On the second day
of negotiations, the two parties began discussing a reward
system for the employees. Norm decided that he didn’t really
have an opinion on the system and wanted to see more data
about the costs to the company and the benefits to the
employees before he took a stand on the issue. Which type
of reward system were the groups discussing?
A. Lump-sum awards
B. Employee stock ownership plans
C. Pay-for-knowledge plans
D. Gain-sharing plans
2. Which of the following is an example of a COLA clause?
A. A section in a union contract that states that all employees will receive a minimum
of a 3% raise each year to keep up with increasing living expenses
B. A section in a union contract that states that all wage levels for line employees will
be renegotiated two years from the original date of the contract
C. A section in a union contract that outlines the specific wages and benefits that each
employee in each job will receive
D. A section in a union contract that states when each employee will receive an annual
performance evaluation and how much merit increase the employee is able to
receive for his or her performance
3. Which of the following is an example of a reopener clause?
of a 3% raise each year to keep up with increasing cost-of-living expenses
employee in each job will receive
receive for his or her performance
4. Which of the following companies has the highest percentage of unionized employees?
A. Kroger C. Coca-Cola
B. Costco D. UPS
5. The owner of Best Shipping, Inc., has decided to increase the pay of the company’s
employees by 15% in an attempt to avoid a unionization attempt by the employees.
Which of the following is this an example of?
A. Occupation-wage differentials
B. Wage adjustment provisions
C. Spillover effect
D. Experience and merit differentials
6. Karen is an executive for a major international shipping firm. As a part of her long term
Incentive plan, she’s permitted to purchase her own company stock at 90% of
its market value, but must hold that stock until her company’s annual figures are
published at the end of the business year. What type of long-term incentive plan
does Karen have?
A. Incentive stock options C. Stock appreciation rights
B. Phantom stock plans D. Restricted stock plans
7. Beth is a full-time employee at a large department store. Which of the following
benefits must Beth’s employer provide to be in full compliance with the law?
A. Sick leave pay C. Unemployment compensation
B. Short-term disability D. Medical insurance
8. Which benefit do medium and large firm have the highest percentage of compared to
small firms?
A. Paid holidays C. Health insurance
B. Paid sick leave D. Defined contribution plan
9. Milton is a retired bank executive who has always received medical insurance through
Social Security. In which year did Milton most likely retire and start receiving his Social
Security benefits?
A. 1943 C. 1963
B. 1953 D. 1973
10. The year is 1998 and Ana has a total of $10,000 in earnings for the year. How much is
she required to pay in Old Age Survivors Insurance?
A. $85 C. $535
B. $145 D. $765
11. William receives medical insurance as part of the benefits plan from his employer.
When William or any of his family members goes to the doctor for their annual
checkup, they’re required to pay the full amount of the visit. Which type of health care
option does William’s employer have?
A. Traditional coverage C. Preferred provider organization
B. Health maintenance organization D. Point-of-service plan
12. Lonnie was laid off from his job and was unable to find work for a year due to the poor
economy. Lonnie’s former emp
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for the question.

I just saw that you had requested me to assist with this question. I can have the answers by tomorrow evening (7/29), if that meets your deadline. All 20 questions did not post, but I can find the rest in the study guide for this exam.

-Chris M.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris is so nice working with you . I need help with assignment. Do you think you will be able to help me ? I also submitted 412893 I also need help. Please let me know if you can help.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Flower,

Yes, I can do this exam for you by tomorrow (7/30), if that meets your deadline.

Thanks!