Lani S.
Lani S., Tutor
Experience:  Registered Nurse, Internet Researcher, Private Tutor

I need help with a powerpoint presentation on Evaluating the

Customer Question

I need help with a powerpoint presentation on Evaluating the planning function of management as it relates to the organization's goals and strategies. Use planning process. Analyze the influence that legal issues, ethics, and corporate social responsibility have had on management planning at BP. Provide at least one example for each. Analyze at least three factors that influence the company's strategic, tactical, operational, and contingency planning.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help on this?

Can you please clarify what company does that BP refer to? --Is it British Petroleum?

How many slides?

Any required word count for speaker's notes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. The organization is BP like BP gas station's but, I need the PowerPoint presentation to be about the BP organization. I need to create a 7-10 PowerPoint presentation addressing the following: (first step) Evaluate the planning function of management as it relates to the organization's goals and strategies. Use steps in the planning process outlined in the text. The steps are: Planning: Delivering Strategic Value - planning and strategic management, ethics and corporate responsibility, international management and entrepreneurship. Organizing: Building a Dynamic Organization - organization structure, organizational agility, human resources management and managing the diverse workforce. Leading: Mobilizing People - leadership, motivating for performance, teamwork and communicating. Controlling: Learning and Changing - managerial control, managing technology and innovation and creating and managing change. 2. Analyze the influence that legal issues, ethics, and corporate social responsibility have had on management planning at BP. Provide at least one example for each. 3. Analyze at least three factors that influence the company's strategic, tactical, operational, and contingency planning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. The organization is BP like BP gas station's but, I need the PowerPoint presentation to be about the BP organization. I need to create a 7-10 PowerPoint presentation addressing the following: (first step) Evaluate the planning function of management as it relates to the organization's goals and strategies. Use steps in the planning process outlined in the text. The steps are: Planning: Delivering Strategic Value - planning and strategic management, ethics and corporate responsibility, international management and entrepreneurship. Organizing: Building a Dynamic Organization - organization structure, organizational agility, human resources management and managing the diverse workforce. Leading: Mobilizing People - leadership, motivating for performance, teamwork and communicating. Controlling: Learning and Changing - managerial control, managing technology and innovation and creating and managing change. 2. Analyze the influence that legal issues, ethics, and corporate social responsibility have had on management planning at BP. Provide at least one example for each. 3. Analyze at least three factors that influence the company's strategic, tactical, operational, and contingency planning. Important message: I need to cite all this information and use the references where this information came from.

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so shall we take a look at BP (British Petroleum) organization for this?

When do you need the PowerPoint presentation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes BP (British Petroleum), I need this by tomorrow noon.

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

I will start on this after I get your reply to my queries. :)

Just to clarify, management functions include PLOC (Planning, Leading, Organizing, and Controlling)

In this presentation, we will focus only on the planning function, is that right?

So that will cover this --Planning: Delivering Strategic Value - planning and strategic management, ethics and corporate responsibility, international management and entrepreneurship.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, Lani S. That is correct.

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Lani S, don't forget the PowerPoint needs to provide an example of each: legal issues, ethics, and corporate social responsibility have had on management planning at BP. The PowerPoint also needs to analyze at least three factors that influence the company's strategic, tactical, operational, and contingency planning.

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we will be looking on those points. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok Thanks

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will have that ready tomorrow.

I need additional research to put more information on the slides.

No need to respond to this now. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Analyze at least three factors that influence the BP company's strategic. 1. What I found was: Avantium announces a three-year extension of this strategic research collaboration with BP, one of the world's largest energy companies. Avantium provides innovative, high-value-added R&D services and tools to the energy, chemicals and pharmaceutical industries, and has a long standing relationship with BP. The collaboration builds on the strategic relationship between BP and Avantium that was initiated in 2005. The strategic research collaboration in the area of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) is extended for a period of 3 years.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is the Citation for the first one. Avantium and BP extend strategic partnership.

Elsevier, B.V. (2007). Avantium and bp extend strategic partnership (12th ed.). Retrieved from http://dx.dol.org.ezproxy.apollolibrary.com/10.1016/s13551-4180(07)70640-2.

In-Text Citation

Insert the paraphrased material (Elsevier, , 2007).

According to Elsevier (2007), Insert the paraphrased material ().

"Insert the quotation" (Elsevier, 2007, ).

In-Text Citation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Information & Management

Volume 30, Issue 6, September 1996, Pages 309–321

Research

Assessing the impact of integrating business planning and IS planning

Thompson S.H. Teo, a, ,William R. Kingb

a Department of Decision Sciences, Faculty of Business Administration, National University of Singapore, 10 Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 0511, Singaporeb Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA

Available online 24 February 1999

http://dx.doi.org.ezproxy.apollolibrary.com/10.1016/S0378-7206(96)01076-2, How to Cite or Link Using DOI

Permissions & Reprints

Abstract

One of the key elements of strategic planning for information systems (IS) is the integration of IS planning (ISP) and business planning (BP). Although this issue has received significant attention in recent years, empirical research focusing specifically on it is still relatively sparse. Here, BP-ISP integration is considered in four ways (administrative, sequential, reciprocal, and full integration), reflecting various degrees of BP-ISP integration. The relationships between these and organizational impact (measured in terms of the extent of ISP problems and the extent of IS contributions to organizational performance) are investigated through the analysis of data gathered in a “matched pair” field survey of business planners and IS executives. The results empirically validate the importance of BP-ISP integration, since it was found to have a significant positive relationship with IS contributions to organization performance and a significant negative relationship to the extent of ISP problems.

Keywords

Alignment;Business planning;Information systems planning;Integration;IS planning problems;Performance impact

There are no figures or tables for this document.

Corresponding author.

Copyright © 1996 Published by Elsevier B.V.

About ScienceDirect

About Elsevier

Contact and support

Information for advertisers

Terms and conditions

Privacy policy

Copyright © 2013 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved. SciVerse® is a registered trademark of Elsevier Properties S.A., used under license. ScienceDirect® is a registered trademark of Elsevier B.V.

Cookies are used by this site. To decline or learn more, visit our Cookies page

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is some research I found on Tactical

Volume 28, Issue 6, December 2000, Pages 667–679

Assessing the impact of proactive versus reactive modes of strategic information systems planning

• a Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA

• b Department of Decision Sciences, Faculty of Business Administration, National University of Singapore, 10 Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 119260, Singapore

Abstract

Integration between business planning (BP) and information systems planning (ISP) is crucial for the information systems (IS) function to more effectively support business strategies. This study examines two modes of ISP — reactive and proactive — as defined by the extent of BP–ISP integration. Questionnaires were sent to 600 firms (addressed to IS executives and business planners) and 157 usable matched responses were received (26.2% response rate). Statistical analyses determined that firms operating in a proactive mode had significantly higher status for IS executive, significantly greater perceived IS contributions to organizational performance and significantly fewer ISP problems than did those operating in a reactive planning mode. Prescriptions such as IS plans should be as comprehensive and complete as possible; and involvement of top managers and users is important for greater perceived benefits of ISP, are made based on the results.

Keywords

• IS planning modes;

• Integration;

• Alignment;

• Performance impact;

• IS planning problems

Figures and tables from this article:

Table 1. Characteristics of respondents

View Within Article

Table 2. Reliability of constructs

View Within Article

Table 3. Non-response bias analyses

View Within Article

Table 4. Results of t-tests

View Within Article

Corresponding author contact information
Corresponding author. Tel.: +65-874-3036; fax: +65-779-2621

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The information that I have sent you is for the question that states: Analyze at least three factors that influences the company's strategic, tactical, operational, and contingency planning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I hope this was helpful Smile

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thanks.

I am still working on this.

I got too sleepy that I fall asleep before I could finish it in the night. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, I was up til 5:00am looking for information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please send me a text to my phone. (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am checking in with you just to see how things are going.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lani S, it's a lot of information on www.bp.com website.

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am mainly using the organization website in analyzing their planning.

I got the information I need, and just adding a it on the speaker's notes now.

If you can help find peer reviewed articles that we can add as reference, that will be great.

I used this article before but doi is lacking, if you can get the complete url address from, it will be great so we can add as reference:

~Fernando,R. and Purkayastha, D. (2007). BP putting profits before safety.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, let me see what can do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

That only has the abstract. If you can find the article in databases you can access in your univ library such as from EbscoHost, we can get the full url address...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, sorry let me check that out for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here is one article I found in the Library. I am still looking

Washington accuses BP of putting 'profit over safety' before disaster

falseRobertson, David. The Times[London (UK)] 06 Sep 2012: 41.

Abstract (summary)

BP conducted a lengthy investigation, called the Bly Report, into the failures that led to the Deepwater Horizon disaster and detailed a series of failures by the company and its contractors, including Transocean, the rig operator, and Haliburton, which supplied the cement to seal the well.

You have requested "on-the-fly" machine translation of selected content from our databases. This functionality is provided solely for your convenience and is in no way intended to replace human translation. Show full disclaimer

Neither ProQuest nor its licensors make any representations or warranties with respect to the translations. The translations are automatically generated "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" and are not retained in our systems. PROQUEST AND ITS LICENSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES FOR AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, NON-INFRINGMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Your use of the translations is subject to all use restrictions contained in your Electronic Products License Agreement and by using the translation functionality you agree to forgo any and all claims against ProQuest or its licensors for your use of the translation functionality and any output derived there from. Hide full disclaimer Translations powered by LEC.LEC

Full Text

Copyright (c) Times Newspapers Limited 2012

Indexing (details)

Title

Publication title

First page

41

Publication year

2012

Publication date

Sep 6, 2012

Year

2012

Section

News

Publisher

News International Trading Limited.

Place of publication

London (UK)

Country of publication

United Kingdom

ISSN

01400460

Source type

Newspapers

Language of publication

English

Document type

News

ProQuest document ID

1038083890

Document URL

http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.apollolibrary.com/docview/1038083890?accountid=458

Copyright

Last updated

2012-09-06

Database

2 databases

View list Hide list

• ProQuest Central

• ProQuest Central

Tags

Your tags have been saved and will be available only to you. Note: Please allow several hours processing time for newly added tags to be searchable.

OK

Your tag(s) will now be available for others in the ProQuest user community to see on this document. In addition, your Public Profile will be accessible from your shared tags. Note: Please allow several hours processing time for newly added tags to be searchable.

OK

Fix tag(s):

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Robertson, D. (2012, Sep 06). Washington accuses BP of putting 'profit over safety' before disaster eire region]. The Times. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1038069635?accountid=458 This is the citation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

REP. MARKEY BLASTS BP OFFICIALS FOR PUTTING PROFITS BEFORE SAFETY, SECURITY OF OIL PIPELINES

US Fed News Service, Including US State News[Washington, D.C] 07 Sep 2006: n/a.

Full Text

Copyright © HT Media Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Indexing (details)

Title

Pages

n/a

Publication year

2006

Publication date

Sep 7, 2006

Year

2006

Dateline

WASHINGTON

Publisher

HT Media Ltd.

Place of publication

Washington, D.C.

Country of publication

Malaysia

Publication subject

Source type

Newspapers

Language of publication

English

Document type

WIRE FEED

ProQuest document ID

472736910

Document URL

http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.apollolibrary.com/docview/472736910?accountid=458

Copyright

Last updated

2011-07-24

Database

2 databases

View list Hide list

• ProQuest Central

• ProQuest Central

Tags

OK

OK

Fix tag(s):

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

REP. MARKEY BLASTS BP OFFICIALS FOR PUTTING PROFITS BEFORE SAFETY, SECURITY OF OIL PIPELINES. (2006, Sep 07). US Fed News Service, Including US State News. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/472736910?accountid=458

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I am now on the notes for the last slide adding some examples (having 11 slides + cover and reference pages).

Once I'm done, I will check where can we add that references. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I could not find anything with Fernado (2007). Did I send you that article about BP putting profit over safety?

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Don't worry.

It says must include at least only 2 peer reviewed article and I think we have more than enough now.

Doing the final run now and will have it ready very soon :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Lani S., Tutor
Experience: Registered Nurse, Internet Researcher, Private Tutor
Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Have you accessed the file?

Wondering of you need further assistance.

Please let me know of your feedback

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lani, My PowerPoint looks great and you done an excellent job. I gave you a excellent service rating. I hope I will be able to use you again if I need any more help. Can I request for you or what will I have to do. Again thank you Smile

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Great to hear that.

Kindly rate my work.

No ratings reflected yet.

There is a page where you will be asked to click on the smileys. :)

If you need my help next time, simply write FOR LANI S in the beginning of your question. You may also request me to help. I will take a look as soon as I get your request.

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the excellent ratings and bonus :).

Have a goodnight!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you are very welcome and thank you.

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.