series of 20 question relating for Penn foster's computer applications course. very basic stuff. I just want to double check my answers.
1. As you boot up your computer system, nothing is displayed on the monitor. You check that the monitor is turned on and that all the power cords are plugged into a working source of electricity. What should you do next?
A. Ship the monitor back to the manufacturer with a written description of the problem
B. Call an electrician
C. Look inside the monitor case for loose or broken wires
D. Check that all cables between components are securely attached
5. in windows 7, what button or icon do you click first to view the programs available on the computer?
A. start menu
B. all programs
D. start orb
6. under normal circumstances, you can’t erase or add any information to a
A. hard dick
B. rewritable CD
C. formatted floppy
7. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DEVICES ARE USED FOR LOADING INFORMATION INTO A COMPUTER?
A.SPEAKERS ND MONITOR
B. MONITOR AND KEYBOARD
C. KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
D. SYSTEM UNIT AND MOUSE
8. the system tool folder is usually found
A. on the system tab in window help
b. nested within the accessories submenu
C. on the windows desktop next to the my computer icon
D. under settings in the start menu
9.shelly and donna are discussing system restore. shelly says when system restore program creates and saves a copy of the computer's configuration, this copy is called the restore copy. donna says it's called the restore point. who is correct?
10. which of the following programs can open a bitmap file?
B. windows paint
c. disk cleanup
12. which of the following is the correct path to access paint?
A. all programs, start, paint
D. all programs, accessories, paint
13. to access WordPad, Jill will click on start, all programs, accessories, and WordPad. to access notepad, Karl will click on start, all programs, accessories and notepad. who is correct
14.neil opens a new dialog box, and it obscures a window already opened. toby say it's the default window. who is correct?
15. a computer's CPU and hard drive are found in the
D. power strip
16. of which of the following devices are point,darg, and click actions?
17. the computer mouse is used to
A. operate windows in the DIS mode
B. store a history of menu choices
C transfer an operating system form one machine to another
D. control pointer on the screen
18. which of the following is the correct path to access Disk Cleanup?
A. all programs, accessories, disk cleanup
B.all programs, accessories, system tools, disk cleanup
C.all programs, accessories, ease of access, disk cleanup
D. all programs, control panel, device manager, disk cleanup
19. the correct way to shut off the computer is to
A. push power button on system unit
b. Click start, run, and then type shut down
C. click start then shut down
D. click stop
20. in windows help, how do you open a topic to reveal the subtopics it contains?
A. select the topic by clicking on it once
B. right-click the topic
C. click the title bar button marked with an X
D. drag and drop the icon onto the windows taskbar