Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher

FOR CHER ONLY NEED HELP WITH EMERGENCY CARE I WILL SEND

FOR CHER ONLY
NEED HELP WITH
EMERGENCY CARE
I WILL SEND U MY QUESTIONS
DON'T KNOW EXAM #
Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Nikki and thanks for the request.

Ok, send the questions when you're ready and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

1.

Which of the following is a sign that an animal is about to suffer cardiopulmonary arrest?

A.

Irregular, labored breathing

B.

Apnea

C.

Dilated pupils

D.

Absence of a palpable heartbeat

2.

A Great Dane presents with gastric dilatation-volvulus, and the veterinarian begins to decompress the

animal's distended stomach in order to remove trapped air. This procedure is known as

A.

gastropexy.

B.

necrotic surgery.

C.

lavage.

D.

needle paracentesis.

3.

A pet owner's dog isn't breathing, and she calls you for instruction. After instructing her to bring the dog

to the veterinary hospital immediately, you begin to explain mouth-to-nose resuscitation. What is the first

task she should be instructed to do?

A.

Clear the airway of foreign materials.

B.

Extend the neck, regardless of head injuries.

C.

Blow a steady stream of air into the animal's nostrils.

D.

Pull the tongue forward and close the mouth.

4.

Which of the following is a clinical sign of hypothermia?

A.

Rapid heart rate

B.

Panting

C.

Lack of coordination

D.

Bright red mucous membranes

5.

Abrasion, incision, and avulsion are all types of

A.

infections.

B.

fractures.

C.

central nervous system disorders.

D.

wounds.

6.

A cat presents with severe trauma from being hit by a car. The cat is cyanotic from a decrease in oxygen

in the blood.

Cyanotic means the animal's tongue and mucous membranes have turned a _______ color.

A.

pale white

B.

sickly green

C.

blue or purple

D.

bright red

7.

Bright red mucous membranes, panting, and collapse are all signs of

A.

heat stroke.

B.

hypothermia.

C.

heart attack.

D.

shock.

8.

A dog presents with a broken hind leg. Adam says since the dog's skin is ruptured, the fracture is a

simple fracture. Leonard says the fracture is a compound one. Who is

correct?

A.

Both are correct.

B.

Neither is correct.

C.

Only Leonard is correct.

D.

Only Adam is correct.

9.

A client who recently lost a pet refuses to pay the balance on the account. In what stage of the grief

process is the client?

A.

Resolution

B.

Denial

C.

Bargaining

D.

Anger and guilt

10.

As part of telephone triage, you may need to ask an owner to check the capillary refill time (CRT) of

an animal. Which of the following is the desirable length of time for the gum color to return to normal after

being blanched?

A.

Four to six seconds

B.

Ten seconds

C.

One to two seconds

D.

Five to ten seconds

11.

Which of the following is the term for the veterinary procedure that involves inserting a needle into the

pleural cavity to remove accumulated air or fluid?

A.

Cardiomyopathy

B.

Hemothorax

C.

Thromboembolism

D.

Thoracocentesis

12.

Which of the following body systems should be evaluated during a waiting room triage examination?

A.

Respiratory, urogenital, cardiovascular, and reproductive systems

B.

Urogenital, digestive, cardiovascular, and reproductive systems

C.

Digestive, respiratory, reproductive, and central nervous systems

D.

Respiratory, urogenital, cardiovascular, and central nervous systems

13.

As the veterinary assistant, you receive a call from a client whose pet bird has a broken blood feather.

The veterinarian asks you to instruct the owner on removal of the feather. After telling the client to

visualize the affected feather by extending the wing, what's the next step in removing the feather?

A.

Apply pressure to the follicle to control bleeding.

B.

Grasp the feather close to the skin and pull.

C.

Loosen the attachments between the feather and the surrounding skin.

D.

Be certain the feather shaft breaks inside the feather follicle.

14.

Which of the following describes the purpose of emetics?

A.

Relieves pain

B.

Used for deworming

C.

Eliminates infection

D.

Produces vomiting

15.

The owner of a Beagle calls and tells you the dog has been cut and is bleeding heavily. You tell the

owner to apply pressure to the wound with gauze or clean material. The owner is outside and has no gauze.

What should you tell him to do?

A.

Inspect the wound for bleeding after three to five minutes.

B.

Make a tourniquet.

C.

Drive to the nearest drugstore for gauze.

D.

Use his bare hand to apply pressure to the wound.

16.

Which of the following describes the purpose of an endotracheal tube?

A.

Brings a patient out of shock

B.

Provides a passageway between the patient's airway and the anesthesia equipment.

C.

Used to resuscitate a patient

D.

Preps a patient for and ECG

17.

Which of the following is the term used for the period just before a seizure begins, when an animal may

act restless or nervous?

A.

Ictus

B.

Aura

C.

Status epilepticus

D.

Postictus

18.

Body temperature, mucous membrane color, and increased heart rate are all signs that the animal is

A.

ready to give birth.

B.

in shock.

End of exam

C.

is choking.

D.

is sick with kennel cough.

19.

A miniature Dachshund is presented with violent vomiting and diarrhea, and the owner informs you the

animal has gotten into the garbage. Which of the following conditions describes the stomach irritation due

to eating the garbage?

A.

Parvovirus enteritis

B.

Acute gastroenteritis

C.

Inappetence

D.

Pancreatitis

20.

When asking a pet owner questions about a pet's mentation, you're discussing problems such as

A.

depression or hyperactivity.

B.

paralysis and seizures.

C.

urethral obstruction.

D.

pulse rate and respiration.

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the questions, Nikki.

I will get back in touch when they are completed.

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Nikki.

Please click here to view my answers for comparison with your own, before submitting.

Please let me know after you have successfully downloaded and saved the file to your computer. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for helping cher but can u recheck question1,9 & 10
my answers are 1-a 9-c 10-c

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Nikki and you're most welcome!

Yes, I will recheck those answers.

Are your answers based on your text and/or study guide? Some questions seemed like they could have more than one answer to me.

I'll get back to you in a few minutes.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

crt should be between 1 and 2 seconds after blanch for # XXXXX

signs of impending cardiopulmonary arrest include decreased mentation,cyanotic membranes,and/or a labored breathing pattern for #1

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Nikki.

Thanks for sending that. This is what I was about to send you (I'm still investigating #9).

I also thought #1 could be 'a', because the question says when the animal is 'about' to suffer cardiopulmonary arrest, however, in my research, I did find an article that said right before suffering arrest, the animal will stop breathing, so this is a dilemma. If you found anything in your textbook or study guide that specifies something about 'right before' cardiac arrest, I'd go with that. PF is notable for asking ambiguous questions where 2 answers might be correct.

My mistake, so sorry--Yes, 10. should be 'c', I highlighted the wrong one by accident.
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi Nikki,

I still think #9 is B. denial or D. anger and guilt.

'Bargaining' in the grief process, is 'spiritual' and has nothing to do with money. The question doesn't say the client wants to bargain down his bill or pay less. It says he doesn't want to pay it at all.

See what you can find in your notes, text or study guide and please let me know.

Thanks,
Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience: Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Nikki and thanks very much for your positive rating and most generous bonus; they are greatly appreciated.

If you can, please let me know the results of your exam. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi cher i got 95 # XX was incorrect

1 is a 9 is d

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi Nikki,

Thanks for letting me know! What was the correct answer for 13? I researched it and that was the information I got. I can send it to you and perhaps your teacher will reconsider your grade.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The answer is c do u think i should retake the exam?

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Nikki.

Thanks for letting me know the answer. I'm going to find the research I did for that question and send it to you (if I can locate it again! lol). I also have a friend who's a bird vet and I'll ask her.

No, I don't think you should retake the exam. 95 is a very respectable grade and the exam won't have the same questions.

Do you have more exams or are you finished? If you have more, just send them to me when you're ready. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Cher,how are u? hope fine.This is a question only for u because out of the few experts i received help from u are the only one i relate to more and trust that can help me understand how these payments are really made u don't have to reply right away but when u get some spear time.Can u tell me if u get my payments right away when i give my respose because i recently requested an update on all my payments and soon after i received a reply and the total amount my visa card was totally maxed out taken the entire amount setting me back alot i sent a request to justanswer customer care asking how payments are really made but i'm still waiting for a reply.So if u can in anyway help me to understand how payments are made it will be greatly appreciated.Thank you

Regards,

Nikki

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Nikki.

I'm fine and thanks for asking; I hope you're doing well, too!

Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad that you feel you can put your trust in me and relate well to me. I appreciate that very much and am touched!

Experts don't know much about the business (payment) end of things and I've never been a client on the site, just an expert, so I don't know what you see on your end, but I can tell you what I do know. When you ask your question and place a deposit for a certain amount, the deposit is taken out of your credit card or PayPal account, whichever payment method you choose, and put into your Just Answer account.

When you give a positive rating on an expert's answer, the expert's portion of the funds in your JA account are released to the expert. That's about all I know.

If you feel a larger amount than you authorized was taken out of your Visa card, you did the right thing in letting Just Answer Customer Care know. You should receive a reply from them soon.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask me. I hope you can straighten out the situation with Customer Care.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks alot cher it means alot,I'll wait to hear from customer care and i'll speak to u as soon as things straighten out.

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
You're most welcome, Nikki. It's my pleasure!

Yes, please let me know what you hear back from Customer Care. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher