Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

Due date: 7/20There are many wonderful opportunities of

Due date: 7/20

There are many wonderful opportunities of specialization in the field of psychology with many different focuses and interests. In this assignment you will be able to review some of these specialties and work to match an area of study with the specialization.

-Identify the subject of study and its corresponding area of specialization and give justification of answer.
-Describe the main elements of each area of specialization in psychology.
-Select and justify a possible research method for the study.

Provide your solution using AU_PSY101_Template_W1_A3.

Here's the link to the template.

https://app.box.com/s/4hwwuonrau39wn5a3g8r
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.

kghinaglia :

I was able to open the link. Thanks for the request.

kghinaglia :

I noticed that the fee offered for this question was lower than previous ones I was wondering if you were considering a bonus for this assignment.

Customer:

Yes, there will be a bonus.

Customer:

By the way, when do you think you'll have this assignment ready?

Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I was wondering if you were able to help me with this assignment? It's due on 8/2.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Assignment:

There are many people that have difficulties with sleep and many studies that psychologists have researched to help explain this human behavior. In this assignment you will have the opportunity to do a study of your own on yourself!

Your goal is to conduct a basic A/B control study to evaluate the alternate breathing method and objectively evaluate the results on aiding sleep.

For 3 consecutive nights, fill out the Data Tracking Sheet (Data A), which records any rituals of before bed activity (read, watch TV, exercise, etc.), to track your normal pattern of falling asleep. In the morning record how long (approximately) it took to fall asleep, how many times you woke during the night, how rested you feel on a scale of 1-10, and anything unusual (you were sick, spouse was snoring) that impacted your sleep.

Next, read the material on alternate nostril breathing.

How to do alternate nostril breathing:

Step one: Use right thumb to close off right nostril

Step two: Inhale slowly through left nostril

Step three: Pause for a second

Step four: Now close left nostril with ring finger and release thumb off right nostril

Step five: Exhale through your right nostril

Step six: Now, inhale through right nostril

Step seven: Pause

Step eight: Use thumb to close right nostril

Step nine: Breathe out through left nostril

Step ten: This is one round. Start slowly with 1 or 2 rounds and gradually increase.

Never force. Sit quietly for a few moments after you have finished.

After this, try the alternate nostril breathing each night for 3 consecutive nights while lying in bed, lights off, right as you go to sleep. Practice the alternate breathing routine at least 10 times each of the 3 nights. Gather the same data in the Data Tracking Sheet (Data B).

Then create a report that summarizes and analyzes the results of your “study”. The report must address whether or not the hypothesis that alternate nostril breathing works as a natural sleep aid was supported.

In your report, address the following:

1.Summarize the results of your study.

2.Determine the mean (average) amount of time it took you to fall asleep during the normal phase and the alternate breathing phase. Do the same for number of times waking, and the restfulness score each morning. Was there a difference between the two conditions (normal vs. alternate nostril breathing)?

3.Analyze your results from a data and biological perspective. In your analysis, make sure to answer the following questions:

• Was the hypothesis that alternate nostril breathing works as a natural sleep aid supported through the study?
  • Do these claims make sense biologically? Is there scientific or biological evidence that could support this technique? Why would this method work biologically?

4.Describe and analyze cultural and ethical implications of natural versus medical remedies for sleep. Make sure to address how such remedies apply to various clients and the strengths and weaknesses of both types of remedies.

5.Describe from a scientific perspective why some people might be skeptical of this technique. Answer anticipated questions such as:

• Are potential objectives related to cultural issues (i.e. Western medicine vs. Eastern)?
  • What scientific methods used are used in various studies, etc…
  • What are the stages of applying the scientific method?

Directions

1.Gather data for the first 3 days (Data A) on the Data Tracking Sheet.

2.Read and research Alternate Nostril Breathing.

3.Review section in Lecture pages.

4.Complete the Data Tracking Sheet for the last 3 days (Data B) on form.

5.Summarize the results of the “study”.

6.Analyze whether or not the hypothesis that alternate nostril breathing works as a natural sleep aid was supported via data.

7.Discuss how alternate nostril breathing works as a natural sleep aid, what biological systems might be involved, and how it might help from a biological perspective.

8.Describe and analyze cultural and ethical implications of natural vs. medical remedies for sleep, including some strengths and weaknesses.

9.Describe from a scientific perspective the process of research and which components this study included. Use this to explain why some might be skeptical of this technique.

Submit a 5 page paper in Microsoft Word format that addresses all of the above assignment components. Be sure to respond to all aspects of the assignment and to cite any sources in APA format. Include a title and a reference page (not included in the 5 page total). Submit the paper, as well as your data tracking sheet.

Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
Sure I can assist. Please open the new assignment and add for Kathy only, I will respond to you as soon as I receive it and post the answer timely. Thanks