ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
44910485

Java Interactive GUI Application for Number Guessing with Colored

Java Interactive GUI Application for Number Guessing with Colored Hints

1) Develop a Java application that plays a "guess the number" game as described below.

a) The user interface is displayed and the user clicks the “Start Game” button to begin the game.

b) Your application then gets a random number in the range 1-1000 inclusive (you might want to use Math.random or the Random class).

c) The application then displays the following prompt (probably via a JLabel):

I have a number betwee
Hello Welcome. Thank you for your question, I’m ATLProg and I’ll try to help you.

How soon do you need this answer ?
How soon do you need this answer ?
Can you please send me a pdf/word document/URL of your assignment description ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Need it by 10 pm Central standard time tonight July 14, 2013.

I have a number between 1 and 1000 can you guess my number?

Please enter a number for your first guess and then hit Enter.

Post a textbox for the user to enter a number and post a message telling the user to hit 'Enter' after entering a guess in a textbox (probably using a JTextField).

d) Input the user's guess in the code for a previously-registered event-handler method (consider using the event-handling approach discussed in the text, or the actionPerformed method of class based on the ActionListener interface, which will require some additional research outside the text).

e) For the first guess color the entire background red, meaning that they are getting warmer (you might want to use the setBackground method for a container). If this is the second or later guess, and they are further from the correct number than the last guess, then color the entire background blue. If they get the correct number then color the background some other color than red or blue.

f) If the user guessed the number correctly, respond with their number, post a congratulatory message, get a new random number, and display a JButton to start a new game. Otherwise, to help the user close in on the correct number, post a message, with their guessed number, whether they are "TOO HIGH" or "TOO LOW" from the correct number, and whether they are "WARMER" or "COLDER" (this should match the background color). Also report the guess number of the next guess (e.g. "Enter guess number nnn"). You might want to use a concatenated string in JLabel for these incorrect guess messages.

g) The process is repeated each game until the user guesses the correct number. Be sure that you erase obsolete status messages.

You must run your program for a scenario where the number is XXXXX guessed correctly for at least 4 (four) tries (it can be more). A game where you guess the correct number on the fourth try is acceptable. You must show all user inputs and program outputs for this scenario, not just a sample.

Your submitted output must include the appropriate red or blue background after each guess.

You must include at least one "warmer" and one "cooler" result.

To help you visualize what is required for this program please review the sample output from the last step in these specifications below.

(This program was taken from Exercise 11.15 on page 592 of Deitel & Deitel's "Java How to Program (Sixth Edition)" (2005 by Pearson Publishing Co.). It is not necessary to obtain this book to write this program! This citation is only being listed to give proper credit to the author.)

2) You may use the Windows Command Prompt command line interface or any Java IDE you choose to compile and execute your program.

3) You are to submit the following deliverables to the Assignment Link in a single Microsoft Word file:

a) A screen snapshot of your Java source code (just the beginning is OK) as it appears in your IDE (e.g. Net Beans, Eclipse, etc.) or editor (e.g. a Windows Command Prompt DOS "more" of the .java file's first screen).

b) A listing of your entire Java source code in the same Microsoft Word file as item a), and following item a). You can simply copy and paste the text from your IDE into Word. Be sure to maintain proper code alignment by using Courier font for this item.

c) A screen snapshot of your program’s execution output in the same Microsoft Word file, and following item b). You must show all user inputs and all program output responses for the complete scenario, not just a sample. Failure to show all inputs and outputs will result in lost points.

4) Your instructor may compile and run your program to verify that it compiles and executes properly.

5) You will be evaluated on (in order of importance):

a) Inclusion of all deliverables in Step #3.

b) Correct execution of your program. This includes meeting all of the requirements in Step #1, including screen snapshots of all user inputs and all program outputs.

c) Adequate commenting of your code.

d) Good programming style (as specified in the textbook's examples).

e) Neatness in packaging and labeling of your deliverables.

Deficiencies in any of the above areas are subject to up to a 2 (two) point deduction, per area, based on the severity of the deficiency.

6) Programs received after the due date/time will receive a score of zero since there are already 15 extra points built into the grading for this class.

7) Here's an example of what the output from your application might look like:

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

Attachment: application.pdf

ok..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the assistance
np
Download Answer Link I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I compiled it at first it run a word scrabble game instead of numbers. After playing with it I got it to run once but at that I received the following error.

run:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: guessgame/GuessGame
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: guessgame.GuessGame
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
Java Result: 1

ok, move file to defaukt package