TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

you are working a developer at green valley travels. Green

you are working a developer at green valley travels. Green valley travel deals in making travels arrangements for its customers visiting various cities.

The employees of green valley frequently need to know the distances between tourist places, in order to plan the routes for their customers, for this, they have maintained a text file that contains the direct distances between several pairs of cities.

if a pair of cities does not appear in the text file, it means that there is no routes between the two cities, and they may be connected via another city. More rover it is possible that multiple routes may exist between a given pair of cities. To minimize the travel time of the customer, it become important for the employees of Green Valley to determine the shortest route connecting a given pair of cities.

in this Case, the employees need to manually check all possible to determine the shortest route between a pair of the cities, because only the direct distance are stored in the file.

Your Project Manager has assigned you the task to develop a utility, TravelSmart that will help the employees of Green Valley to determine the shortest route connecting a given pair of cities. The utility need to include the following features:

* Display Map: This option will provide a graphical interface to the users showing the various cities as dots and the direct paths connecting the cities as lines, The city names will be retrieved from the next text file cities.txt that contain the names of all cities. The direct distance between the various cities will be retrieved from the text file route.txt in which each record consists of the following fields a source city, a destination city and the direcr distance between Them.

* Determine the shortest Route: This option will enable a user to select source city and a destination city by clicking on their corresponding dots on the user interface. Once both the source and destination cities are selected, the utility will display the shortest route connecting the two cities, IN addition , the utility will also display the distance for the shortest route.

Hint: the text file containing city names needs to specify the cordinates from each city on the map. therefore in the cities.txt files will include three fields: city name xCordinates and yCoordinates. To draw a line connecting the points (X1,Y1) and (X1,X2) on a coordinates control, say panell, the following code need to be written in the paint event of the form.

Graphics gr = e.graphics;
pen p = new pen (color.white, 3);
gr.DrawLine (p, 30, 40, 20, 80);
panell.control.Add(1);
for using the Graphics and pen classes, the following namespaces need to be included

using System.Drawing;
using System.Drawing.Drawing2D;

I'd be glad to help with your question. When do you need this by?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

today

Ok, I'll work over it and let you know.
Could you please provide the original requirement file, cities.txt, route.txt and sample output?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ON C# XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no original requirement file ... we have to create it ... here is just the hints that was given

Graphics gr = e.graphics;
pen p = new pen (color.white, 3);
gr.DrawLine (p, 30, 40, 20, 80);
panell.control.Add(1);

using System.Drawing;
using System.Drawing.Drawing2D;

Optional Information:
Subject: PROGRAMMING

Ok. Let me see if I could complete it by today itself.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

Ok, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

welcome

Ok (please don't reply to this unless necessary, because that locks me out from replying in other threads)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello please i will like to know how the work is going ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
lack of responce
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
he is not responding
Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well i am still waiting and i will like you to forward my question to TheDoctor he has helped me once and i believe he can handle this one as well

Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. Thank you for your reply, I am glad to assist you with your request. I sent your requested professional, The Doctor, a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hello again. Thank you for requesting me.

Yes, I can complete this for you. By what time do you need it?

It will take a while. I can probably get it to you before 11PM EDT.

Will that be acceptable?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

alright good ... when you done with this i have one more for you ... thanks

Thank you. I will contact you once this is complete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

Hello again. Please do not respond until I have completed this. When you respond, I am required to reply back to you. I will let you know when this is done.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how is it going ?

It is going nicely. I will contact you when it is complete.

Hello again!

Please download the project here:

Attachment: 2013-07-12_225046_travelsmart.zip

Simply open the project in VS 2008 C# XXXXX Open the Form1 file and press the play button to run the project.

Everything is there and all the requirements are met. When you click on the display map button, the map will be displayed. You can click on any of the visible cities and then a second city. A line is drawn and you are shown the distance.

The utility is entirely complete and functional. Here is a screen cast of the project in action:

http://www.screencast.com/t/uqfzZ12aVTs

As you can see, all of the requirements have been met and the project is ready to turn in.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please do you have the link to where i can download the V8 express

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems