TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

To complete this assignment, you will need both MySQL

To complete this assignment, you will need both MySQLMySQL Workbench and a local installation of MySQL 5.5. Both are available for free download at www.mysql.comunder the Downloads (GA) tab.
In W2 Assignment 2, you used MySQL Workbench to create an Entity-Relationship (ER) diagram for ABC Manufacturing's customer relationship management (CRMCRM) system and in W3 Assignment 2 you created the database. The company has received significant value for your work and they have asked you take on a new project. ABC Manufacturing would like you to create an inventory management system.
You will need to start by creating an ER model, including both Entity Classes and attributes. This is to be done in MySQL Workbench.
Then, using both MySQL Workbench and MySQL ServerMySQL Server, create a schema called ABC_YourLastName. In this schema, create all the necessary tables, columns, and relationships to meet the following requirements:
• Track raw materials with various options including color and size.
• Set minimum inventory levels that will trigger the ordering of replacement material.
• Raw materials should be able to be assigned to multiple finished goods.
• Material orders will need to be tracked for when orders are placed, received, and used so that trending data can be used.
• At times a raw material will be replaced with a new product. The new product will need to be tracked to the product it replaced.
To submit your database to the Drop box, you must export the schema to a file. To perform an export, complete the following steps from the MySQL Workbench Home tab:
1. Click Manage Import/Export under the Server AdministrationServer Administration column.
2. Make sure Data ExportData Export is highlighted on the Task and Object Browser.
3. Check the box next to ABC_YourLastName in the left dialog box.
4. Under Options, select the Export to Self-Contained File radio button and note the file path.
5. Change the name of the file from the default to SU_ITS2110_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.sql.
6. Click Start Export.
7. When the export is complete, you will need to upload the file into the Drop box with the rest of the assignment.
Lastly, you will need to populate the tables using SQL scriptsSQL scripts. You will also need to produce the SQL scripts to provide the raw material reorder data. Save your SQL scripts in a Microsoft Word document as you will need to submit them.
In addition, in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document, create a report that includes the following information::
• Describe your database.
• Explain what tables, columns, keys, and so on will be seen in the schema.
• Explain how you created the database and how your work applies to the requirements.
• Include information that a DBADBA may need to know about your design.
• Include screenshots of your work.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Submission Details
Name your ER diagramER diagram file SU_ITS2110_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.mwb.
Name your exported database filedatabase file SU_ITS2110_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.sql.
Name your SQL scripts SU_ITS2110_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial_SQL_Scripts.doc
Name your report SU_ITS2110_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial_Report.doc.

Category: Homework
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 2 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems