FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

hi, Please help me with 18 legal multiple choice question.

hi, Please help me with 18 legal multiple choice question. Thanks very much!!!
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.

FiveStarLaw :

Good Morning,

FiveStarLaw :

I would be glad to assist.

Customer: hi
FiveStarLaw :

Please post your questions

Customer:

ok, just a minus

FiveStarLaw :

Are the questions timed

Customer:

yes

Customer:

A limited partnership is required to have at least:

Question 1 options:

Two partners who can be any mix of limited and general partners.

Two limited partners.

One general partner and two limited partners.

One general partner and one limited partner.

Two general partners.

FiveStarLaw :

What is the time limit once we begin

Customer:

2 hrs

FiveStarLaw :

No problem at all

FiveStarLaw :

Customer:

=)

Customer:

Martha started a flower shop as a sole proprietor. After one year, she was forced to close the shop because business was so bad. At that time, the business assets totaled $50,000, but the business liabilities totaled $125,000. Which of the following statements is true?

Question 2 options:

Martha is personally liable for the additional $75,000.

Martha's business creditors can collect only the $50,000 of business assets.

Once Martha terminates the sole proprietorship, the business creditors cannot get any amounts, including the $50,000.

Martha's business creditors can collect only the $50,000 now, but if Martha ever goes into business again, they can get the assets of the new business

FiveStarLaw :

Customer:

Which of the following is true about limited liability partnerships?

Question 3 options:

In many states, the use of limited liability partnerships is limited to certain types of professionals.

Limited liability partnerships must have at least one general partner, but that general partner can be a limited liability company.

Many states require limited liability partnerships to carry liability insurance.

In many states, the use of limited partnerships is limited to certain types of professionals and many states also require limited liability partnerships to carry liability insurance

Customer:

i think the answer is

Customer:

FiveStarLaw :

In many states, the use of limited liability partnerships is limited to certain types of professionals and many states also require limited liability partnerships to carry liability insurance

Customer:

=) right

FiveStarLaw :

:-)

Customer:

Which of the following best describes a franchise?

Question 4 options:

A retailer pays a fee to operate a business using a particular name under a standardized general business plan, with the fee often being paid in the form of royalties.

A seller of products is in business long enough for its trade name to become widely recognized.

A business sets up numerous retail locations owned by this business that all have similar products or services.

Two parties work together on a limited duration project or enterprise

FiveStarLaw :

Customer:

The bylaws of a corporation:

Question 5 options:

Must be filed in the appropriate state office.

Take precedence over the articles of incorporation.

Govern the internal management of the corporation and typically would include the time and place of the annual shareholders' meeting.

Are not binding on the officers and directors of the corporation

FiveStarLaw :

Govern the internal management of the corporation and typically would include the time and place of the annual shareholders' meeting

Customer:

Paco is the sole shareholder of Arade, Inc. In forming Arade, Paco filed articles of incorporation with the Secretary of State in New York. An organizational meeting, however, was not held. In addition, Arade never issued stock certificates and Paco did not invest any capital in the company. Paco, in the name of Arade, entered into a sales contract with Kantox, Inc. Arade did not pay for the goods. Can Paco be personally liable for Arade's debt?

Question 6 options:

Yes, Arade was formed with insufficient capital and the corporate formalities were not observed.

No, Arade was properly formed under New York law.

Yes, since Paco is the sole shareholder he has unlimited liability.

No, the formalities of operating a corporation can be dispensed in a close corporation

FiveStarLaw :

Yes, Arade was formed with insufficient capital and the corporate formalities were not observed

Customer:

Mark is the treasurer of Sky-Hi-Tech Corporation, and as such, Mark is responsible for protecting the assets of the corporation. One of Mark's subordinates, Jill, is in charge of reconciling the monthly corporate bank statements. Over a period of several months, Jill embezzles a large amount of money from Sky-Hi-Tech, covering up the theft using her bank reconciliations. If Mark had adequately supervised Jill, she could not have embezzled this money. Mark's actions (or inactions) constitute a breach of his duty of:

Question 7 options:

Obedience.

Loyalty.

Due care.

Ultra vires.

FiveStarLaw :

Due care.

Customer:

Which of the following is true about the 1933 and 1934 securities acts?

Question 8 options:

The 1933 act covers the initial issuance of securities and the 1934 act covers the subsequent trading of securities.

The 1933 act covers the initial issuance and subsequent trading of stocks and the 1934 act covers the initial issuance and subsequent trading of bonds.

The 1933 act covers securities listed on stock exchanges and the 1934 act covers nonlisted securities.

The 1934 act replaced the 1933 act, covering all aspects of securities issuance and trading

FiveStarLaw :

one sec while I verify

FiveStarLaw :

The 1933 act covers the initial issuance of securities and the 1934 act covers the subsequent trading of securities

Customer:

What is the general reason for restrictions against insider trading under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934?

Question 9 options:

Use of inside information is unfair to the other party to the transaction and goes against the philosophy of allowing all participants in the market to have the same information.

Insider trading results in an imbalance of buyers and sellers in the market.

Insider trading generally leads to lower stock prices.

Corporate insiders should not own stock in the corporation because it is a conflict of interest

FiveStarLaw :

Customer:

The degree to which an agent disclosed the agency relationship affects the contract liability of:

Question 10 options:

The agent only.

The principal only.

Both the agent and the principal.

Neither the agent nor the principal

FiveStarLaw :

The agent only.

Customer:

Frank, the regional sales manager for Invesco Auto Parts, hired Jill as a sales representative. In introducing Jill to the retailers in her territory, Frank announced that Jill would be making all of the wholesale cost decisions. In actuality, Jill was not authorized to change wholesale costs. If Jill reduces wholesale costs to one of the retailers, Invesco:

Question 11 options:

will not be bound as sales representatives never have authority to change pricing.

would be bound because of apparent agency.

would be bound as sales representatives always have the power to bind their employers to contracts.

will not be bound as Jill has no express authority

FiveStarLaw :

would be bound because of apparent agency

Customer:

Which is true about the two kinds of discrimination that are actionable under Title VII?

Question 12 options:

Disparate impact and disparate treatment are both based on how an employer treats a protected class.

Disparate treatment refers to individuals and disparate impact refers to protected classes.

Disparate impact and disparate treatment are both based on how an employer treats a specific individual.

Disparate impact refers to individuals and disparate treatment refers to protected classes

FiveStarLaw :

one sec

FiveStarLaw :

not certain as this language is ambiguous. My best guess is

FiveStarLaw :

FiveStarLaw :

The big difference between the 2 is that intent is not necessary to prove impact and it applies to a protected group

Customer:

hi, re u still here?

FiveStarLaw :

yes. Waiting for next question

FiveStarLaw :

Can you see my response

FiveStarLaw :

I am going to change the format to question and answer as you appear to not see my response

Customer:

HI?

Customer:

re u still here?

FiveStarLaw :

Hi

FiveStarLaw :

Can you see my resonse

Customer:

i have no idea what happened

Customer:

yes

FiveStarLaw :

good

FiveStarLaw :

I was concerned

Customer:

what do you mean change the format

Customer:

Question 12 options:

Customer:

we re on this one now

Customer:

and i think the answer is

Customer:

FiveStarLaw :

I was going to change to question and answer instead of live chat because I did not think you were seeing my reponses.

FiveStarLaw :

I will stay on chat

FiveStarLaw :

I am not certain as this language is ambiguous. My best guess is

FiveStarLaw :

FiveStarLaw :

Did I lose you again?????

Customer:

nono

Customer:

i am still here

FiveStarLaw :

good

Customer:

so what re we doing

FiveStarLaw :

I am waiting for the next question

FiveStarLaw :

My answer to the last was: Disparate treatment refers to individuals and disparate impact refers to protected classes.

Customer:

Which of the following would be a legal defense to a charge of discrimination under Title VII?

Question 13 options:

Discrimination based on a bona fide occupational qualification.

Discrimination based on seniority.

Discrimination based on merit.

Discrimination based on a bona fide occupational qualification, on seniority, and on merit

FiveStarLaw :

Customer:

Which of the following individuals is not protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act?

Question 14 options:

Bill, who has a record of severe asthma (which requires him to limit almost all physical activity) but who has not had an attack for several months.

Alice, who has one arm 5 inches shorter than the other arm. Alice can do anything that persons with arms of equal length can, but most people incorrectly assume that she is limited in her physical abilities.

Sandy, who is addicted to alcohol and has tried all currently accepted techniques but simply cannot stop drinking.

John, who is unable to walk and must use a wheelchair

FiveStarLaw :

Customer:

Once a partnership is dissolved, all liability for the actions of partners ends.

Question 15 options:

True
False

FiveStarLaw :

False

Customer:

a limited liability company must file articles of organization with the appropriate state office.

Question 16 options:

True
False

FiveStarLaw :

true

Customer:

i have already figure out last two question

FiveStarLaw :

Great - do you want me to verify the answers

Customer:

that's will be really nice

Customer:

The private placement exception to registration of securities allows raising an unlimited amount of capital from an unlimited number of accredited investors.

Question 17 options:

True
False

Save

Question 18 (5 points)

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

When determining whether or not an agent's intentional tort was committed while the agent was operating within the scope of his or her employment, the courts apply either the motivation test or the work-related test.

Question 18 options:

True
False

FiveStarLaw :

True

Customer:

i think 17 is F, 18 is T

FiveStarLaw :

Yes that is correct

FiveStarLaw :

I had not seen 17 and was answering 18!!

Customer:

Thank you very much today

Customer:

i know

FiveStarLaw :

It has been my pleasure to work with you

Please let me know if I can assist you in the future by requesting me directly.

Customer:

Question 17 options:

True
False

Customer:

ok

Customer:

bey

FiveStarLaw :

true

Customer:

i mean bye

FiveStarLaw :

To directly route your question to me you can use this link ::
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-fivestarlaw/

Still put "For FiveStarLaw" at the beginning of the question.

Thank you for remembering to leave a positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to work with you. I look forward to working with you again in the future

FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher