LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML

Need this done by the 12th no later than the 13th CMIS242

Need this done by the 12th no later than the 13th

CMIS242 - Project # XXXXX
Roman Number/Arabic Number Conversion
Total: 100 points - 10 % of the final grade
Due Date: July 14, 2013

Course objective: The objective of this project is to
• Implement simple GUI applications using Java Swing classes
• Use interfaces to capture user events from simple Graphical User Interfaces
Introduction: For this program you will design a GUI to convert Roman numbers to Arabic numbers and Arabic numbers to Roman numbers.

Project Grading: Before you start the project, please read the grading criteria in the attached CMIS_242_Project_Grading.doc file.

Project Requirements/Functionality ( Total 80 points) :
You will implement at least three different classes: RomanToArabic, ArabicToRoman, and ConverterGUI classes and preferably a fourth class to execute the application.
Part I RomanToArabic class (20 pts):
This class should receive a Roman number as a String and convert it to an Arabic number. It should handle all errors(exceptions) that may occur.

Part II ArabicToRoman class (20 points):
This class should receive an Arabic number and convert it to a String, which represents a Roman number. It should handle all errors(exceptions) that may occur.
Part III ConverterGUI class (40 pts): This class may contain the main method.
This class creates a GUI using the swing components and the RomanToArabic and ArabicToRoman classes to convert user input to roman or arabic numbers as long as user wants to continue entering input. Start by displaying a window to the user, which explains about the application. Then ask the user to press a button to display a second GUI to perform the conversions. The second window may be as follows but feel free to design it in any way that you would like it to be.
Be sure to use at least the following GUI components :
• Push buttons, text field, label, combo box or list box, if necessary check box(es)
• The buttons must have Tooltips
• Must use multiple windows( e.g. a welcoming message explaining how to use the GUI)
• Must use an image for the converter
Be sure to test the application with any data that is entered by the user.
Discuss and analyze the test results.

Sample output:
After a Welcoming window, which explains how the application works, display a GUI such as the following and start converting the user input as requested.

Enter a valid Arabic number:

Press the To Roman button to view the equivalent Roman numeral:

Try changing the Font, select Courier and press To Roman button

Press the Clear button:

Now, try an invalid input:

Try another invalid input

Now, enter a Roman numeral – click the To Arabic button:

Try an invalid Roman numeral

Try another invalid Roman numeral

Press the Quit button to end the program.

1. First understand the algorithm to convert numbers from one to the other. Complete one or two conversions on paper. Devise a plan and move step by step, each time checking your code.
2. Refer to the Java API at
whenever you need to get more information about particular classes.
3. Refer to Chapters 9 – 17 of the textbook for the topics on OOP and creating user interfaces .
Submission: Your deliverables include at least 3 Java files for the application, and a file, which shows the test results. The files should be zipped and submitted using the WebTycho/Assignments Folder/ Project3 subfolder no later than the due date listed in the syllabus.
Welcome back
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

If you have any file(s), Zip all files, upload the zipped file to and post download link here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am willing to tip if you can add comments and get it done in a decent time

I will review and reply ASAP.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still reviewing?

I have reviewed it . I will provide you answer ASAP.
Please check back in 7-8 hours.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.