Eric M.
Eric M., Tutor
Experience:  9 years of tutoring experience, Bachelor's and Master's in Computing, pursuing PhD
29802289

What do fine and course grained versions of the same rock type

What do fine and course grained versions of the same rock type such as basalt and gabbro tell you about their origins?

What kind of rock is this and how did it form? "Granite type"

In general, there are 3 types of volcanic rock (basalt, andesite and rhyolite) that correspond to three different plate tectonic settings. What are these settings?

Magnetic and metamorphic rocks often look similiar but have quite different origins. What is the major difference?

What is intraplate and interplate volcanism?

Why do basaltic and andesitic magma/lava differ so greatly in their degree of danger?

What plate tectonic phases are related to basaltic, andesitic and rhyolitic lava?

Is the depth of earthquake foci the same all over the world?

Which type of seismic waves can be distinguished and which are the most destructive?

How are plate tectonics, volcanoes and earthquakes related?

DUE by JULY 4 2013
Category: Homework
Expert:  Eric M. replied 1 year ago.
Hey! I may be able to help you with this. How much depth are you looking for per answer? Is ~100 words sufficient?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It needs to be at least a paragraph or less to answer. Can I add 7 more questions to be 100.00?
Expert:  Eric M. replied 1 year ago.
Just to confirm I'm understanding, you're saying 17 one-paragraph questions for a total of $150 ($100 on top of the current $50), or for a total of $100? Would you be paying the additional money as bonus or adding it to the current value of the question? (The second question is just so I know whether to ask customer support for the increase)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here's the additional questions. Just to confirm...Answers should be just a brief 2-3 sentences.

During a hike you find a igneous rock, it's dark in color and has a fine granular appearance with small, fairly round crystals of a glassy, deep green material. What is this small, rounded, glass green crystals likely to be? DId the magma from which this rock formed likely originate in the mantle or in the crust, how? Was the magma likely a very high temperature magma or low, why? What other minerals might make up the rest of this rock?

In which environment (spit, lake, beach, sand dunes, alluvial fans, glacial deposits, swamp, delta, reef, barrier island, estuary, deep sea fans. turbity current, lagoon, or flood plain) would you find: A deposit consisting of several beds in which sediment size in each bed decrease from bottom to top, an evaporate deposit, a well-sorted sand deposit and a deposit that includes a high percentage of partially decomposed plant material.

You see an outcrop of sandstone. It's poorly sorted and rich in feldspar and quartz. The sediment is derived from two sites in the area. Which site would it mostly come from? Site 1: nearby exposure of weathered basaltic lava flows or Site 2: outcrop of granite at the previous field trip stop up the road.

** The total will be 100.00 and bonus will be added at the end**

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would you be able to submit within a day or so?

Expert:  Eric M. replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the delay, I've been dealing with a broken down car all day today. I'll take care of this shortly, though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok look forward to hearing from you soon. Thx
Expert:  Eric M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Eric M., Tutor
Experience: 9 years of tutoring experience, Bachelor's and Master's in Computing, pursuing PhD