Martin, Physicist
Experience:  20+ years of research, engineering and teaching
47181708

Pythagorean Quadratic Read the following instructions in

Customer Question

Pythagorean Quadratic

Read the following instructions in order to complete his assignment, and review the example of how to complete the math required for this assignment, and review the example of how to complete the math required for this assignment:
1. Read problem 98 on page 371 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra. Along with factoring, this problem also requires the use of the Pythagorean Theorem to solve it. Work out the problem following steps 3 – 6 below. 

◦ On your scratch paper draw a diagram which includes the location of Castle Rock and the dimensions of a triangle with the given number of paces. Seeing the relationship of the sides and where the right angle is will help you know how to apply the Theorem. You may include the diagram in your paper but are not required to do so. 

◦ Write the equation first by inserting the given binomials into the Pythagorean Theorem. Once you have your equation written, go ahead and solve it using the methods from section 5.6 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra. Show all steps and explain what you are doing as you go.

2. Write a two to three page paper that is formatted in APA style and according to the Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the Instructor Guidance and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, please make sure to include:

◦ Your solution to the above problem, making sure to include all mathematical work, and an explanation for each step.

◦ If there is more than one solution to the quadratic equation, be sure you indicate which one is the best solution for this application problem and why. Translate the polynomial measurements of the triangle to paces according to your solution.

◦ Read this discussion on how GPS works, at howstufffworks.com. Apply your understanding of the mathematical concepts explored in problem 98 to a discussion on navigation in general.

◦ Incorporate the following four math vocabulary words into your writing. Use bold font to emphasize these words in your writing (Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing your math work.):

▪ Quadratic 

Pythagorean Quadratic

3. Read problem 98 on page 371 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra. Along with factoring, this problem also requires the use of the Pythagorean Theorem to solve it. Work out the problem following steps 3 – 6 below. 

4. Write a two to three page paper that is formatted in APA style and according to the Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the Instructor Guidance and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, please make sure to include:

▪ Quadratic 

▪ Zero factor 

▪ Pythagorean Theorem 

Compound equation

Problem 98

. Buried treasure. Ahmed has half of a treasure map, which indicates that the treasure is buried in the desert 2x + 6 paces from Castle Rock. Vanessa has the other half of the map. Her half indicates that to find the treasure, one must get to Castle Rock, walk x paces to he north, and then walk 2x + 4 paces to the east. If they share their information, then they can find x and save a lot of digging. What is x?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Martin replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Beth,

I'll be happy to help you with this. What is the deadline for this work?

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need it by Sunday if this week.
Expert:  Martin replied 3 years ago.
OK, great, no problem. In the meantime, if possible, could you review my last work for you:

financial polynomials question

I'd like to wrap that one up if we could. Thanks Beth!
Expert:  Martin replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Expert:  Martin replied 3 years ago.

Hi Beth,

Just checking in to see if all is well. If you have any questions, please let me know, and please don't forget to accept my work if you're satisfied. I look forward to working with you again!

Thanks