R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

Gather group of floats sum and average

Customer Question

I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO USE ARRAYS.

Design and implement a Java program that will gather a group of floating point numbers and determine the sum and average of the data entered. The program should use separate methods for inputting the data, calculating the sum, calculating the average, and displaying the results. A sentinel value should be used to indicate the user has completed entering their numbers. The output should display a message that includes the count of the numbers entered, the sum of the numbers and the average of the numbers. If the sum of the numbers is greater than 100, a warning message should be displayed indicating “values have exceeded a sum 100”. 2. Additional requirements include: 1. Use JOptionPane.showInputDialog() methods for your user to input their data 2. Use JOptionPane.showMessageDialog() methods to display your messages.

Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JA!

I'd be glad to help with the program. Could you please send the original requirements document? You may upload it wikisend.com or mediafire.com and post download link here. Please also mention the deadline.

Thanks
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

Please download file below. I've included the Netbeans project zipped, and also the standalone code file which you can compile from command line.

https://www.box.com/s/0dsll1sekxy97z8m8tl1

Please leave a rating for the answer.

Let me know when you need help with other questions. Start your new question by adding 'RRJha' and I'll receive it.

Thanks
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the rating and bonus.

In case you want to show the warning message only once before showing the result, just move the if {...} section from inside of while loop to just before showResults().

Feel free to ask for help in other problems. Begin your questions with 'RRJha' and I'll revert back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

RRJha

Can you help me with another question? See below:

Design and implement a Java class to represent a 3-D geometric shape of your choice. The class should contain a constructor, appropriate data fields and methods to return the volume of the shape, and the surface area of the shape and any other methods that seem to make sense for your shape. Create a Java Test Application to construct your shape and demonstrate the successful call to its methods.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,

I'd be glad to help with this. I'll work over this and get back to you tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much... it's due on Sunday.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Okay.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to design and implement a Java class to represent a 3-D geomtetric shape of my choice. (I choose a Pyramid) The class should contain a constructor, appropriate data fields and methods to return the volume of the shape, and the surface area of the shape and any other methods that seem to make sense for you shape. I also need to Create a Java Test Application to construct my shape and demonstrate the successful call to its methods.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I'll post the answer in about 15 minutes. You can pay for this by rating the answer I'll post.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK thanks...

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Please download file below. I had already created the application for a Sphere, only had to write the test application. I hope that's not a problem.

https://app.box.com/s/lud3q91hv19snxld1g9o

Thanks

R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Looks good... what would a comprehensive test plan look like for these?

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
I guess that would just verbal explanation of the Test Application code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

fair enough, Thanks!!!! .... I've got one final one for you, It's due on Thursday 18 July.

See below:

Design and implement a stringed musical instrument class using the following guidelines:

1. Data fields for your instrument should include number of strings, an array of string names representing string names (e.g. E,A,D,G), and boolean fields to determine if the instrument is tuned, and if the instrument is currently playing.

2. A constructor method that set the tuned and currently playing fields to false.

3. Other methods 1) to tune the instrument, 2) to start the instrument playing, and 3) to stop the instrument from playing.

4. Other methods as you see fit (Add at least one unique method).

Create a UML class diagram using a diagram tool (e.g. PPT, Visio) of your choice.

Prepare the diagrams and place them in a word document along with a brief description of each of your classes.

Create Java classes for your instruments.

Be sure that your code matches your design specifications and some minimal functionality is included.

For example, if you called the violin.play() method, you should at least print that the violin is playing.

Similar functionality should be supplied when you stop playing, tune or call any of your methods.

For example:

public void playviolin() {
System.out.println("The violin is now playing.");
}

Write the output from your Instrument class methods to a text file that a user entered from the command line arguments (e.g. java Mynamep3tst myfilename.txt).

This allows your program to accept filenames from the user via a command line argument.

Finally, create a Java test class that simulates using your instrument class. In your test class be you should at a minimum: a) Construct 10 instances of your instrument, b) tune your instruments, c) Start playing your instrument, d) Call your unique method, and e) Stop playing your instruments. (Hint: Arrays and Loops will make your job easier and result in more efficient code!)

Your programs should compile and run without errors.

Be sure to test your program carefully. Provide a list of comprehensive test cases used to validate your application and include these test cases in your word document containing your UML diagrams and descriptions.

your test data can be shown in a table that includes input data, expected output, actual output and pass/fail results from the test.

Submission requirements:

Your deliverables include a Java instrument file, Java test file and a Word document. The Java instrument file should be named Yournamep3.java. The Java test file should be named Yournamep3test.java. Your word document should include your test table, and UML diagrams and descriptions and be named Yournamep3.doc.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll send it before 18th. Meanwhile, please review and leave a rating for the last answer.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

RRJha, I reviewed and left a rating for the last answer. And a good faith deposit for this next and final answer.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

RRJha ... did you finish my last question?

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

The thread was closed, so I couldn't follow it. But now that it's open, I'll send your answer by tonight.

Thanks
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,

Bit worried as I didn't hear back from you after last answer. Let me know if everything's alright, or feel free to ask if you've any further questions.

Thanks