In this activity, you will read from a text file using an end-of-file controlled while loop performing this activity: Read a text file containing transaction items for a bank account. Loop through all the transaction items and calculate the new balance of the bank account. Assume the we do not know the number of the transaction items in the file.
The Framework will display the current transaction and the current balance so that you can check the correctness of your code as the program executes.
* Open the Accounting.java file. Search for five asterisks (*****) to find the balanceCheckBook method where you will add your code. The method header has already been coded for you. Write the code to read all the transactions from the file transactions.txt, process each transactions against the account, and calculate the balance after all the transactions in that file have been processed.
* Begin with a checkbook balance of $0.00
* To process the transactions, you will need to read one line at a time from the transcations.txt file and parse the String that you retreive. You can use the Scanner class for this. The delimiter will be a colon. Then process the transaction ; you do not need to check the type of transaction. Just add the amount of the transaction to the checkbook balance. Adding a negative transacation ammount will decrease the balance, as expected. Be sure to use the try/catch blocks where appropriate.
* After you have processed each transaction, call the animate method. This method belongs to the Accounting class, so you will call animate without using an object reference. The API of the animate method is the following: public void animate(String currentTransaction, double currentAmount, double currentBalance )
* Assuming that you have a String variable transactionName, a double variable called amount, and another double called balance, a call to animate will look like the following:
animate( transactionName, amount, balance);
* When you reach the end of the file, print the final balance and write it to a file named balance.txt.
* To test your code, compile and run the Accounting application.
Thanks for the help, I WILL tip. I need this program by 10pm tonight.
http://wikisend.com/download/293738/Assignment 5A attached files Jun 30, 2013 918 AM.zip
I got it to compile correctly, but the program is not creating a file called "balance.txt". It also does not bring up the graphical of the bank account.
Woops nvm my friend. sorry about that
I asked another expert a question 4 hours ago, and the deadline for my work is at 9pm eastern. Is there any chance you could take a look at it?
you da man. I accepted answer and tipped. Thanks