Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

3- D Graphing You have the responsibility to manage software

Customer Question

3- D Graphing

You have the responsibility to manage software training for Sales, Accounting, and Operations Department workers in your organization. You have surveyed the workers to get a feel for the amounts of time spent using various packages, and the results are shown below. The values shown are the total number of workers in each department and the total weekly hours the department’s workers spend using each software package. You have been asked to prepare a spreadsheet summarizing these data and comparing the use of the various pack-ages across departments.

Department | Employees | Spreadsheet | Database | Presentation

Sales            |   225            |  410               | 1,100         | 650

Operation     | 75                | 710                | 520             | 405

Accounting   | 30                |  310               | 405             | 50

A. Create a spreadsheet illustrating each application’s average use per department. To do this, you will first enter the data shown above. Then compute the average weekly spreadsheet use by dividing spreadsheet hours by the number of Sales workers. Do this for each department. Repeat these three calculations for both database and presentation use. Round results to the nearest 1/ 100th.

B. Create a three- dimensional bar graph illustrating the averages by department and software package.

C. A committee has been formed to plan software-training classes at your company. Prepare a slide presentation with four slides illustrating your findings. The first slide should serve as an introduction to the data; the second slide should contain a copy of the original data table (without the averages); the third slide should contain a copy of the three- dimensional bar graph from the previous answer; and the fourth slide should contain your conclusions regarding key applications per department. Use professional labels, formatting, and backgrounds.

Project_Name    Task_name  Employee_ID Production_Week Hours_Worked

Fin-goods-inv     | App. Devel | 456 | 21   | 42

Fin-goods-inv     | DB Design | 345 | 20   | 20

Fin-goods-inv     |UI Design    | 234  | 20  | 16

HR                       | Analysis      | 234  | 21  |  24

HR                       | Analysis      | 456  | 20  |  48

HR                       | UI Design   | 123  | 20  |   8

HR                       | UI Design   | 123  | 21  |  40

HR                       | UI Designq | 234  | 21  |  32

Shipmt-tracking | DB Design | 345  | 20  | 24

Shipmt-tracking | DB Design | 345  | 21  | 16

Shipmt-tracking | DB Design | 345  | 21  | 20

Shipmt-tracking | UI Design   |123   | 20  | 32

Shipmt-tracking | UI Design   |234   |20   |24

(i tried to sort it out as neatly as possible... i think I made it worse) I attached the "chart" so you can can get an idea of what I meant... haha

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

The moderator let me know you were still seeking assistance possibly but I see this was sent several days ago.

Do you still need this answer and, if so, what is the deadline to get the prompt returned to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry was out of town taking care of my dad. No, I do not need the answer anymore. Sorry for the late response. We don't get internet at his place.

I understand.

All the best in your studies and feel free to contact us anytime. You can also request me if you like to ensure it is looked at quickly - just put "For TeacherGreg" at the front of your post or bookmark my weblink at and put a question in my question area.

Have a great week!