Owen
Owen, Attending Physician
Experience:  I teach medical students and residents with title of Asst. Professor
18703594

1. The organ that stores the bile produced by the liver is

1. The organ that stores the bile produced by the liver is the
A. thyroid.
B. ileum.
C. gall bladder.
D. pancreas.

2. Meals that don't contain excessive amounts of fat would be called
A. moderate.
B. high carb.
C. adequate.
D. monosaturated.

3. Which of the following is a correct statement about cell membranes?
A. Cell membranes are semipermeable.
B. Cell membranes are honey-combed.
C. Cell membranes are impermeable.
D. Cell membranes are permeable.

4. Most digestion takes place in the
A. liver.
B. stomach.
C. small intestine.
D. mouth.

5. The middle portion of the small intestine is called the
A. jejunum.
B. ileum.
C. duodenum.
D. colon.

6. A chemical messenger secreted into the blood by a gland is called a(n)
A. hormone.
B. enzyme.
C. digestive juice.
D. discharge.

7. An adult following the MyPyramid food guide needs how many cups from the vegetable group each
day?
A. Two and a quarter
B. Two and one-half
C. Four and one-third
D. One and a half

8. When various fuels in the body rise or fall, hormones are released into the bloodstream by
A. glands.
B. tissues.
C. organ systems.
D. organs.

9. On a package label, you read the following ingredients—sugar, corn syrup, flour, yeast, etc. Which is the
most abundant in this product?
A. Corn syrup
B. Yeast
C. Additives
D. Sugar

10. Children should consume _______ cups of calcium-rich food like milk daily.
A. four
B. seven
C. five
D. two

11. A hypersensitivity reaction of the immune system to a particular food is called
A. celiac disease.
B. food allergy.
C. contact allergy.
D. food intolerance.

12. The science that studies food and how it nourishes the body and influences health is known as
A. biology.
B. digestion.
C. physiology.
D. nutrition.

13. A gastric ulcer is found in the
A. abdominal cavity.
B. esophagus.
C. stomach.
D. duodenum.

14. The Recommended Dietary Allowance represents the average daily nutrient intake
A. and takes into consideration the person's physical activity.
B. that meets the requirement of half the healthy individuals in a particular life stage or gender group.
C. predicted to maintain energy balance in healthy adults.
D. that meet the nutrient requirements of 97–98 percent of healthy individuals in a particular life state or gender group.

15. The process of taking the products of digestion through the wall of the intestine is called
A. elimination.
B. absorption.
C. salivating.
D. gastroanalysis.

16. A food that has a large amount of nutrients relative to its calorie content is called
A. energetic.
B. caloric dense.
C. nutrient dense.
D. recommended daily allowance.

17. The smallest unit of matter that exhibits all the properties of living things is the
A. molecule.
B. cell.
C. mitochondria.
D. atom.

18. Usually made of proteins, _______ induce chemical changes in other substances to speed up body
processes.
A. glands
B. carbohydrates
C. enzymes
D. tissues

19. Foods that contain more nutrients than they do calories are
A. calorically dense.
B. nutrient dense.
C. well balanced.
D. moderate in their approach.

20. _______ is an inflammation of the skin caused by deficiency of the B vitamin niacin.
A. Goiter
B. Scurvy
C. Rickets
D. Pellagra

21. Which of the following is one of the five leading causes of death linked to diet?
A. Lyme disease
B. Cysts
C. Heart disease
D. Pneumonia

22. A person's _______ have a significant impact on his or her food choices.
A. musical talents
B. sibling relationships
C. social and cultural groups
D. color preference

23. Based on the recommendations on the MyPyramid, from which of the following food groups do you
need six ounces per day?
A. Fruits
B. Dairy products
C. Meats
D. Grains

24. A bacteria often added to foods like yogurt is
A. flaxseed.
B. IBS.
C. botulism.
D. lactobacillus.

25. Bile is stored in the gall bladder so it can emulsify fats in the
A. liver.
B. pancreas.
C. large intestine.
D. small intestine.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Owen replied 1 year ago.
Just these questions and no more, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes only these questions. If you can help that would be great.

Expert:  Owen replied 1 year ago.
YEs I can answer these questions for you - I'm a doctor so they are no problem to answer.
I have to see a few more patients and I will get you the answers in about 2 hours when I am done with my patients
thank you and I will expect an excellent rating for helping you
Thank you
You do Not need to respond back - thank you
Expert:  Owen replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Owen, Attending Physician
Experience: I teach medical students and residents with title of Asst. Professor