akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert

"Root Locus Based Compesation HomeworkI

Customer Question

"Root Locus Based Compesation Homework I have Homework due tomorrow afternoon. I am going to start on it within 2 hours from now, I am posting it now because I know it takes a while for someone to look into my assignment.

I'lll be willing to negotiate on the price

https://www.dropbox.com/s/90r7adnrafxnsss/IMAG0291.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipstfb7doraa6vh/IMAG0292.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yks46lh6vs2jf5/IMAG0293.jpg

Category: Homework
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Kindly upload the questions. I will try to solve your problems using MATLAB.
After seeing the questions. I may ask for some bonus.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The problems are linked (dropbox) in the description. Will you be able to use matlab to solve it but be able to do it by hand? since the homework needs to be done without matlab. Thank you for your quick response

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will try to reply these questions asap.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much. If you are detailed with the hand calculations ill throw in more bonus and its all correct.

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
I will try my best.
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
I could solve q, 2 and 3. In q4, I think it should be lag compensator as it is not possible to meet the criteria of damping and natural frequency with lead compensator. Kindly check and inform.
Once q4 is solved, other problems can easily be solved.
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
akch2002, Engineer
Experience: Home work expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about that, I just got your emails a few minutes ago. I just emailed the instructor about the using the lead or lag compensator. I will let you know what he says as soon as he responds. I'll look in the problems and let you know if I have any questions

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.Kindly go through solution and let me know if you have any questions. I will be on line for some more time and will reply to your query, if any, in morning( for you evening).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, i will go through all of them, write down my questions and then go through them with you if you dont mind. For my information,how long were you planning on staying online? not sure where in the world you are and not sure if its really late where you are.

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
It is 11pm here and I will remain on line up to 11.30 pm approximately. If you don't mind, I will reply in morning to your queries, if any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's 10:47am here. I dont think I will be able to ask you any questions since I have to turn this in 5 hours and you will probably be sleeping. The instructor responded back saying that everyone got different problems between lag and leac compensators, did it seem like it might be a mistake and has to be a lag and not lead for #4?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

in problem number 1, when you get anything higher than 1 for K shouldnt it be and imaginary number? you have -2.45±0.45=-1.0, -3, when k=0, but i got .55 instead or .45

......

nevermind, i think you just put .45 when you actually tried putting .55...

so that poles for the 2nd problem would be -1.9 and -3 correct?

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you are right. That is typing mistake. It should be -2.45±0.55.
Any value of k> 0.0756 will give imaginary roots.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

also for #2, indicate the poles for when k=1 not when k=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

would that change the answer for number 3? since you have k=0.

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
For k=1, closed loop poles will be s = -2.45±j1.92
Damping = 0.785
Natural frequency = sqrt(2.45^2+1.92^2)=3.112 rad/sec
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you believe that #4, was written as a mistake and was suppose to be lag and not lead? why would you think that? if you dont mind asking, sorry to keep you, just a few more questions and ill put a bonus

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
See uncompensated system has damping of 0.613 at natural frequency of 4 radians per sec.
Th requirement is that damping should be 0.58 at natural frequency of 4 rad/sec, that is damping is to be reduced keeping wn same. This is possible with lag compensator only. Lead compensator increases damping keeping wn same. Hence, lead compensator will not meet the intended purpose. We will have to go for lag compensator only.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didnt even get to start #4. Do you think that the G(s) from #1 is necesarry to solve #4?

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is necessary. Compensation is required for some system which is not meeting the design requirements. G(s) is the uncompensated system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could you go over #4 after you have s=-2.32+j3.258 and you are solving Kc and Pc. I believe there are some inconsistencies. for example, i see in the bottom one of the substitudes have -j13.258. I believe that the 1 is a typo, and might of changed the rest of the solution.

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
It is -j3.258. Again typing error. Values of kc and pc are correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok sounds good. One last question. on #7 which one is the compensated and uncompensated (red/green). Thank you very much for your help. I will pay right now.

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Red is for uncompensated and green is for compensated. It is given in MATLAB code.

I feel happy to note that you have gone throughly through the solutions.

Control system is my favorite subject. You can ask questions on control system. Is this part of your Electrical Engineering discipline or any other discipline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am an Electrical Engineer major, I am glad that the first part of the Homework was almost what I got. Its part of our requirements. I will definetly ask you for more help if I need for other Homework problems or projects for Control Systems. I appreciate all your help. Thanks again.

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.