In this project you will perform the physical design and implementation using SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) and proceed with populating the Mom and Pop Johnson Video Store database via Data Manipulation Language (DML) SQL commands. The ERD and detailed documentation from Project 1 will be supplied for your entry point for those who need it.
Project 2 Details:
1. Create Oracle database tables using SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) for each table listed in Project 1. Make sure that entity and referential integrity are enforced by declaring a primary key for each table (these may be composite keys) and declaring all appropriate foreign keys. Your CREATE TABLE statements must show integrity constraints, as appropriate, for NOT NULL, UNIQUE, PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, REFERENCES, and CHECK constraints. Be sure to save your script used to create these tables as yournameproject2step1.sql. You should test your script to make sure it runs without error.
2. Provide two examples of SQL DML (i.e., "INSERT") commands that fail different table integrity constraints you set up in one of your table. Explain why the statements fail. Be sure to save your script used to as yournameproject2step2.sql. You can include comments in the SQL script describing why the insert statements failed.
3. Populate each of your tables with at least five valid rows of data each and show the SQL you used. Populate other tables in your database, as necessary, to satisfy referential integrity. Be sure to save your script used to create these records as yournameproject2step3.sql. You should test your script to make sure it runs without error.
4. Write SQL to perform the following queries and updates. Be sure to save your script used to create these records as yournameproject2step4.sql. You should test your script to make sure it runs without error:
a. Retrieve all of your customers' names, account numbers, and addresses (street and zip code only), sorted by account number.
b. Retrieve all of the videos rented in the last 30 days and sort in chronological rental date order.
c. Produce a list of your distributors and all their information sorted in order by company name.
d. Update customer names to change their maiden names to married names. You can choose which records to update.
e. Delete customers from the database. You can choose which records to delete.
1. You should submit your four SQL scripts satisfying each of the steps above. Feel free to compress the files using WinZip and save as YournameProject2.zip.
2. Submit in your WebTycho portfolio in the Project 2 area before the due date. Please contact the instructor before the due date if you have any questions or concerns.
File ID: 527740