Carla
Carla, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in Data Processing Technology. Over 12+ years experience in IT, Databases and Systems Administration.
19007361

DATABASE APPLICATION PROJECT GENERAL GUIDELINES PURPOSE There

DATABASE APPLICATION PROJECT
GENERAL GUIDELINES
PURPOSE
There are three main purposes of the database application project:
1. To analyze, design and implement a simple database project that applies to a specific business or personal data management need.
2. To become familiar with the features and use of an actual database management systems product.
3. To evaluate the product in terms of how successfully it is able to satisfy the major objectives of the database approach. These include: independence, integrity, security, recovery, concurrency, limiting redundancy, performance, ease of use, and power of expression of its DDL/DML.
PROCEDURE
Follow the steps given below:
1. Identify a reasonably simple but meaningful business or personal data management problem.
2. Analyze and design a database using E-R Diagrams, database normalization, and other techniques presented in the course that will help solve your problem.
3. Learn the basics of Microsoft Access and use Access to implement your database solution.
4. Implement your Project using Microsoft Access 2000 or later version. (Note: If you do not have availability to Microsoft Access, you may use any recognized DBMS system, such as MySQL, Oracle, or DB2. If you have any questions, please contact the instructor.
OUTCOMES
Each student will be responsible for handing in the following:
• A report describing the database management problem you have set out to solve, the approach you took to solve it, and your evaluation of Microsoft Access's capabilities.
• Your E-R Model, sample output or listing showing inputs, and the results of your use of the project you developed. Note that most reports run from 10-15 pages in length.
Your database project should include the following:
a. A narrative of your database project, including its purpose and objectives, and how a database might well solve your information needs;
b. The ERD (either Chen Model or Crow’s Foot Model) conceptual design for that database;
c. A Descriptions of the tables (entities) and columns (attributes);
d. Listing of the data;
e. Sample of queries and resulting reports;
f. Summary of what you learned and your reaction to the experience of creating you database application.
Note: The possible applications are limitless, but it does NOT have to be very complex. If you can tie it in with something that is related to your job, so much the better. If not, find something that is of interest to you
Category: Homework
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Hello

I can help you with this project but this is quite an extensive assignment. It will require at least one day's of work.

I will submit an under priced report. You will receive an email letting you know the suggested price and providing you with a link to update the question value.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What price are you asking?

Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
I have sent you the report. You should have received an email by now.

For the price you are offering at the moment, I can write the ERD and create the database. You can then complete the other tasks (documentation, etc.).

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I haven't seen any report and I would increase the amount to $100 if there was a selection for it.

Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.

You should have received an email with the proposed price. You then need to follow that link to increase the question price.

I will try to send it again. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still have not seen any report.

Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Okay, no problems. I can see that the question price has been updated.

I will start working on this project and will post the answer to you later on tomorrow.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to add $3 to make it a even $130

Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry about that. You can add it as a bonus if you wish after you rate my answer.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What time today can I see the report?

Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
I will post the report later on today, probably in the evening.
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Carla, Engineer
Experience: Bachelor's degree in Data Processing Technology. Over 12+ years experience in IT, Databases and Systems Administration.
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Have you been able to download the project file?

Please don't forget to rate my answer as this is the only way I get paid!

Thank you
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Is there anything else I can do for you regarding this question?

Are you happy at this stage to rate my answer so that I can get paid for my time?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not really happy with it cause I saw that same answer on another site the day before. Everything was the same, nothing changed.

Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.

What website? The one I uploaded to you is original work done by me.

Maybe the project you saw on another website it was the one I uploaded but I can guarantee you that I haven't copied this project from anyone else.

If you are not happy, then I will opt out to let someone else help you! Just please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I will rate it, cause it's good work. I just know that I saw it on another site for a lot less in price. The $130 is still yours as well cause i'm a man of my word.

Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
It's up to you. If you have paid for this project on another website, which was done by me, then you don't have to pay here.

Don't worry, honestly. I trust that you have purchased my tutorial on another website so I am fine with that.
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately what I get here at JustAnswer is just half of what you put as a deposit.

On the other website I charged less because I get more money from them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried to rate you and I keep getting pulled back here. I thought I paid the account up front.

Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
The deposit appears as being done. Not sure why it's not working.

Can you please contact our customer services atXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and let them know that you are unable to rate this question?

They should be able to help you.

Would that be okay?
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Just to let you know that I have also contacted our customer services to let them know about the problem you are having to rate my question.

Thank you
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that you have contacted our customer services to ask for a refund!

I have put a lot of time and effort into this work - the project you saw on the other website was done by me as well.

The work you received is original work that was done by me but I am sorry that you felt that it was a waste of your time.

Well, at least you had a copy of this project for free ! Well done!

Best of luck for the future!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't contact anyone for a refund.

Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
I have emailed customer services again. I apologise for the confusion!
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Hi [Customer Name],

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Please rate my answer so that I can get paid for my time. I only get paid when you rate my answer.

If there is anything preventing you from rating my answer as Excellent, please let me know and we can continue working on your question until you are happy!

Let me know,
[Expert Name]
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Hi [Customer Name],

Let me know,
[Expert Name]