Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

30. Which philosopher would be most likely to oppose lying

30. Which philosopher would be most likely to oppose lying under any circumstance? (Points : 2)
Bentham

Kant

Mill
Aristotle

31. The view that we should always treat people as an end and never only as a means is one version of (Points : 2)
Kant's categorical imperative.
Bentham's utilitarian calculus.

Aristotle's virtue ethics.

All of the above.

32. Two primary problems with deontological ethics are that (Points : 2)
people disagree about what ultimate duties we have and that it is hard to quantify duties.
people disagree about what ultimate duties we have and the theory proivdes no guidance for how to resolve conflicts between duties that are accepted.
the theory often can be used to justify things like slavery that seem obviously immoral.
None of the above.

33. J.S. Mill criticized Bentham's original version of utilitarianism for (Points : 2)
trying to reduce ethical considerations to just considerations of utility.
treating duties as abstract principles that were more important than happiness.
being too concerned with moral intentions.
treating all types of pleasures as qualitatively equal.

34. Which of the following ethical theories would be least concerned with providing a concrete guide to determine the correctness of specific actions? (Points : 2)
Virtue ethics

Bentham's utilitarianism

Mill's utilitarianism
Kant's deonotology

35. A __________________ is a character trait that allows one to achieve the good life. (Points : 2)
deontological feature
duty
virtue
commandment

36. A situation in which a person is pulled in at lest two incompatible directions by competing moral obligations. (Points : 2)
moral absolutism
moral dilemma
moral ambiguity

All of the above.

37. A situation that arises when moral standards or principles do not provide sufficient guidance for a novel situation. (Points : 2)
moral ambiguity
moral relativism
moral absolutism
moral universalism.

38. The current world situation illustrates some of the competing philosophies about the good life and the sort of societies we should set up. Think about the differences between a radical Islamic view of social order (note- I did not say merely an Islamic view) and the views of Western liberalism. Compare/contrast these views in light of some of the ethical, social and/or political philosophies we have covered in class. (Points : 20)
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs, from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still haven't received any answers for the 30 thru 38 questions.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin,

Here are the answers to the #30-37 for comparison with your own. Let me know about the length requirement for question #38, and I'll will try to answer that one tomorrow (6/23),

30. Kant
31. Kant's categorical imperative.
32. people disagree about what ultimate duties we have and the theory provides no guidance for how to resolve conflicts between duties that are accepted.
33. treating all types of pleasures as qualitatively equal.
34. Virtue ethics
35. virtue
36. moral dilemma
37. moral ambiguity

Hope this helps!
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.