Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

Customer Question need help exam questions : Compensation

Customer Question

need help exam questions : Compensation Management
1. If you’re an FMC technician and you earn $14.50 per hour,
how many core elective points must you have earned?
A. 40 C. 240
B. 140 D. 365
2. Which of the following is an example of wage criteria bias?
A. Rich doesn’t give Suzanne a high increase in pay because
he feels that a woman isn’t an effective employee.
B. Rich doesn’t give Suzanne a high increase in pay because
Suzanne’s pay is already at a low rate due to a poorly
designed job evaluation.
C. Rich doesn’t give Suzanne a high increase in pay because
Suzanne hasn’t performed as well as is required for her
job.
D. Rich doesn’t give Suzanne a high increase in pay because
there’s not enough money in the budget to give every
employee a raise.
3. A skill plan that’s based on depth rather than breadth focuses on the skills required to
A. manage a warehouse.
B. drive a forklift.
C. manage people.
D. perform all of the accounting tasks for an organization.
4. Andrew is performing a job evaluation using the point method. He just created a list
of the different levels of skills required for each factor. Which step did Andrew just
complete?
A. Conduct the job analysis.
B. Determine compensable factors.
C. Scale the factors.
D. Weigh the factors according to importance.
5. Kurt is currently working with the labor union that represents the employees in his
organization on developing a compensation strategy. Which step of the total compensation
strategy formulation is he executing?
A. Assessing total compensation implications
B. Mapping a total compensation strategy
C. Implementing the strategy
D. Reassessing the strategy
6. Brent’s organization is currently going through a vicious circle. Which of the following
about his organization is correct?
A. Performance throughout the organization has increased, so management decides to
decrease pay because the employees are already motivated by things other than
money.
B. Performance throughout the organization has decreased, so management decides
to increase pay to motivate employees.
C. Performance throughout the organization has decreased, so management decides
to decrease pay to cut costs.
D. Employee pay has increased due to high performance, thus increasing the employees’
motivation to work harder and continually improve organizational performance.
7. Teresa is developing a Web site that will explain the organization’s pay and benefits
package to its employees. Which step of the total compensation strategy formulation
is she executing?
C. Implementing the strategy
D. Reassessing the strategy
8. Ron is a computer programmer who works for General Electric Plastics. He has recently
been assigned to a two-month project where he will write a program that determines
the number of units that need to be produced in a single month for his company to
break even. He will be working on this project alone and will have no employees.
Which of the following levels at General Electric Plastics best describes Ron’s position?
A. Executive C. Technical/Managerial
B. Director D. Professional
9. Stephanie works in the 2-bolt manufacturing division and Christine works in the 6-bolt
manufacturing division. Stephanie earns a higher wage than Christine because the 2
bolts are manufactured in an area where the cost of living is much higher than the area
where the 6 bolts are manufactured. Which of the following is this an example of?
A. Content C. Use value
B. Relative contribution D. Exchange value
10. Which of the following is an example of the ranking method being used to perform a
job evaluation?
A. Using the job definitions that are provided on the Department of Labor Web site to
create the different levels of positions within an organization
B. Creating 16 different descriptions in which each job within the organization will fit
C. Creating a list of specific tasks for each job and placing a value on each one based
on how much they contribute to the organization’s mission
D. Creating a list of specific skills required for each job and placing a value on each
based on how much they contribute to the organization’s mission
11. Kevin just completed a job evaluation for his organization. After presenting his findings
to the HR director, he was told that the position of vice president didn’t have a high
enough salary based on its level of responsibility and the position of maintenance
worker didn’t have a high enough salary based on its level of responsibility. Which
of the following was missing from Kevin’s evaluation?
A. Supports organizational strategy
B. Supports work flow
C. Fair to employees
D. Motivates behavior toward organizational objectives
12. The employees at the McKinney Corporation have become very upset about their wage
levels because they found out that they’re the lowest paid employees in their industry.
This is an example of
A. equity theory. C. institutional m
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.
I can assist you. It looks like you have 12 questions in total – is that correct? What is your deadline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tuesday

No problem. I shall post your answers later today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you

my pleasure
Hi Suzie,

I am going to opt out of your question and allow another expert to assist you. I do not have a high level of certainty with these answers
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Suzie,

This is exam #41289000, right? Do you still need help with this? If so, when is your deadline?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes and yes, next week please

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
OK, I plan to get this to you by no later than Tuesday (6/25).

Thanks!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)