Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Criminal Law QuestionA man (Person 1) hears that a certain

Customer Question

Criminal Law Question
A man (Person 1) hears that a certain boat will be docked at a harbor with only one guard on board. Person 1 asks two other men (Person 2) and (Person 3) to help him steal whatever is valuable inside of the boat. The three agree to break into the boat at night.
Person 3 buys a gun just in case but does not tell Person 1 or Person 2.
Person 1, Person 2 and Person 3 go to the harbor but when they get there, Person 2 decides the plan is too risky and decides to go home. Person 1 and Person 3 stay, and board the boat.
As Person 1 and Person 3 are leaving the boat, Person 1 breaks a window by accident which wakes up the guard. In a panic, Person 3 shoots at the guard who dies instantly of the gunshot wound.
In the meantime, on his way home, Person 2 is so upset about the events he stops at a bar and drinks for several hours. Person 2 then gets into his car, runs a red light, and kills a man (Victim 1) who was walking home.
When the guard’s wife (Victim 2), hears that her husband was killed, she dies suddenly of a heart attack.
If Person 1, Person 2 and Person 3 reside in California, where the crime took place, what charges can be brought against them, and what defenses can they raise?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs, from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Josie,

I understand that there are quite a few parts to this question. Please go ahead and close it. I'll break it up into parts, which should make it easier to answer.

Thank you again,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Josie, Please kindly delete my question. I have broken this down to questions that will be easier to answer. Thank you.