Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

Hello, I need help with a Microsoft Excel 2010 visual basic

Customer Question

Hello, I need help with a Microsoft Excel 2010 visual basic homework assignment. It is 3 questions and they are:

1. Write a program in VB that will receive as input temperature in Kelvin, and display as a message to the user the temperature in both degrees Celsius and degrees Fahrenheit, including the input temperature in Kelvin. Print all information (input and outputs) on Excel worksheet as well. Fahrenheit = (K-273)(1.8)+32 Celsius= K – 273

2. Write a program in VB based on wind chill factor. The wind chill factor (WCF) measures how cold it feels with a given air temperature (T,in degrees Fahrenheit) and wind speed (V, in miles per hour). The formula for WCF is:
WCF= 35.7 + 0.6(T) - 35.7(V^0.16) + 0.43(T)(V^0.16)
Create variables for temperature T and wind speed V, and then using this formula calculate the WCF. Print all information (input and outputs) on a user pop-up message and on Excel worksheet as well.

3. Write a program in VB that will receive input as diameter of a circle in inch, and display as a message to the user, including the diameter in cm, the perimeter of the circle in cm, and the area of the circle in cm². Print all information (input and outputs) on Excel worksheet as well.

Hint: The constant π (Pi) is not inherently defined in VB. Define the constant π (Pi) in the beginning of your VB program as Pi = 4 * Atn(1).

NOTE: The Visual Basic (VB) code will be needed for Microsoft office 2010. I would like a quote for this work and how soon this could be completed. Thanks.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.
is it console based or GUI?
What is the deadline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the deadline is tomorrow night at 9pm EST.

I do not understand your question if it is console based or GUI? I am in an intro to programming course and I do not know what your asking. Sorry.

I am currently enrolled in an intro to programming course called MATLAB. The answer for the questions will be for PC using Microsoft excel 2010 visual basic programming. As long as I can put the code into Excel visual basic and it works is good for me.

If you have any other questions let me know. Thanks.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
My apologies. I am out of ideas and opting out for Microsoft excel 2010 visual basic programming Professionals to answer. Please wait. You will be notified by email as soon as any Professional joins you. I will help you with your other questions though. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No need to apologize. I am new to this service and I expected to be transferred around until I get to the right department. Thank you for trying and redirecting me.

Have a nice day.

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
please have a look:

http://wikisend.com/download/367094/Customer.xlsm

I only had Excel 2007 to write this, but I'm pretty sure Excel 2010 will be able to handle it.
Please let me know if you want me to change anything.
Regards,
Ingo U
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Actually I do have one question for you. How did you insert the buttons into the excel worksheet that use the macro calculations?

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for accepting quickly! To answer your question:
In excel, open the "developer" tab (top of window, second from right)
In the "Controls" toolbox, you'll see the "Insert" toolbox icon.
Click on the little down-arrow to open the box, and select the button symbol at the top left. The cursor will change to a cross hair, and you can then draw the button anywhere on the worksheet. Once you do so, it'll ask you to select a macro (VB Sub) to hook the button up to.

Of course I don't know how much the layout changed between 2007 and 2010, so this may not be completely accurate.
Regards,
Ingo