LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
29751445

Develop a Java application that plays a "guess the number"

Develop a Java application that plays a "guess the number" game as described below.

a) Your application first gets a random number in the range 1-1000 inclusive (you might want to use Math.random() or the Random class).

b) The application then displays the following prompt (probably via a JLabel):
I have a number between 1 and 1000. Can you guess my number?
Please enter your first guess.
Post a textbox for the user to enter a number and post a message telling the user to hit 'Enter' after entering a guess in a textbox (probably using a JTextField).

c) Input the user's guess in the code for a previously-registered event-handler method (consider using the event-handling approach discussed in the text, or the actionPerformed() method of class based on the ActionListener interface, which will require some additional research outside the text).

d) For the first guess, color the entire background red, meaning that they are getting warmer (you might want to use the setBackground() method for a container). If this is the second or later guess, and they are further from the correct number than the last guess, then color the entire background blue. If they get the correct number then color the background some other color than red or blue.

e) If the user guessed the number correctly, respond with their number, post a congratulatory message, get a new random number, and display a JButton to start a new game. Otherwise, to help the user close in on the correct number, post a message, with their guessed number, whether they are "TOO HIGH" or "TOO LOW" from the correct number, and whether they are "WARMER" or "COLDER" (this should match the background color). Also report the guess number of the next guess (e.g. "Enter guess number nnn"). You might want to use a concatenated string in JLabel for these incorrect guess messages.

f) The process is repeated each game until the user guesses the correct number. Be sure that you erase obsolete status messages.

You must run your program for a scenario where the number is XXXXX guessed correctly for at least 4 (four) tries (it can be more). A game where you guess the correct number on the fourth try is acceptable. You must show all user inputs and program outputs for this scenario, not just a sample.

Your submitted output must include the appropriate red or blue background after each guess.

You must include at least one "warmer" and one "cooler" result.

To help you visualize what is required for this program please review the sample output from the last step in these specifications below.

(This program was taken from Exercise 11.15 on page 592 of Deitel & Deitel's "Java How to Program (Sixth Edition)" (2005 by Pearson Publishing Co.))

Be sure that you include the course, the program number, your name, and the date in your program header. Include additional comments as necessary and maintain consistent indentation for good programming style as shown in the text. Be sure that you capture all of your output for this program's execution for full credit!
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Welcome back
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.
What is the deadline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

12 midnight MST today

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML