Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Question 1 of 20 5.0 Points Participation may be undesirable

Customer Question

I need this about 3hrs Please advice someone. I am still waiting and no one is responding please advise soonest... Thank you

Question 1 of 20 5.0 Points Participation may be undesirable in all of the following situations EXCEPT when: A. follower commitment is not necessary. B. the tasks are complex and quality is important. C. time is of the essence. D. interaction between leader and followers is restricted. Question 2 of 20 5.0 Points Genencor International started its employee participation program: A. when they built a new headquarters. B. after the leadership team took a trip to Japan. C. after they hired a new CEO. D. as a routine part of doing business. Question 3 of 20 5.0 Points Li Wei is under pressure to make a quick decision on a project with which she has considerable expertise and experience. Her team is inexperienced and generally supportive, and she needs the members’ strong commitment to implement her decision. In this situation, Li Wei should: A. make decisions by herself. B. allow for employee participation. C. seek more information. D. delegate the decision to the group. Question 4 of 20 5.0 Points The more __________ a culture, the less likely it is that employees will participate in decision making. A. coolectivist B. ascriptive C. power oriented D. flexible Question 5 of 20 5.0 Points Which cultural values will least likely support employee participation and empowerment? A. high power distance B. collectivist C. humane orientation D. high time (future) orientation Question 6 of 20 5.0 Points The leadership traits identified by IBM to revive the company include which of the following? A. being a visionary B. developing people and enabling growth C. being able to take charge D. having both task and people skills Question 7 of 20 5.0 Points In spite of cultural and other differences, one of the keys to successful implementation of teams is: A. follower's involvement. B. organizational policies. C. slow implementation. D. leader's belief in participation. Question 8 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following is one of the goals of delegation? A. help th eleader with excessive workload B. share power with employees C. empower employees D. increase the leader's power Question 9 of 20 5.0 Points Leaders should generally not delegate which type of tasks or decisions? A. Strategic decisions B. Personnel decisions C. Manufacturing tasks D. Quality control Question 10 of 20 5.0 Points Which underlying factor may be a contributing factor to leader’s inability to delegate? A. follower's personality B. leader's personality C. organizational policies D. organizational culture Question 11 of 20 5.0 Points __________ are more likely to find it difficult to delegate task to their followers. A. Experienced managers B. Relationship-oriented leaders C. Leaders who have trouble developing positive LMX D. Type A leaders Question 12 of 20 5.0 Points In teams, members often share: A. a culture. B. norms. C. history. D. personal experiences. Question 13 of 20 5.0 Points Self-managed teams use leadership based on: A. cooperation. B. consideration. C. shared responsibility D. facilitation. Question 14 of 20 5.0 Points __________ is one of the key factors in effective teams. A. Building trust B. A good leader C. Clear rules D. A goal handed down from upper management Question 15 of 20 5.0 Points Robert wants to increase the trust among his team members. What should he do? A. an exchange procesCreate friendly competition among the members. B. Set up formal communication mechanisms. C. Reward cooperation. D. Assign a formal leader. Question 16 of 20 5.0 Points __________ is intended to teach team members to monitor, assess and correct their behavior in the team. A. Self-guided correction B. Cross training C. Coordination training D. Assertiveness training Question 17 of 20 5.0 Points Self-leadership is similar to which of the other theories of leadership? A. Fiedler’s Contingency Model B. The LMX model C. The substitutes for leadership D. Situational leadership Question 18 of 20 5.0 Points The use of teams in the U.S. was triggered by: A. globalization. B. the growth of the Chinese economy. C. failure of the U.S. management methods. D. the successful use of teams in Japan. Question 19 of 20 5.0 Points Instead of team-based management, Australian researchers have proposed the concept of __________ to involve individuals in teams in Western cultures. A. collaborative individualism B. self-leadership C. participation D. transformational leadership Question 20 of 20 5.0 Points Self-leaders __________ instead of __________. A. keep information; sharing information. B. make sure everyone is on board; letting employees develop their own goals. C. provide a vision; letting the team set goals. D. encourage
creativity; conformity

Category: Homework
Expert:  SuperiorTutor replied 1 year ago.

allknower :

Hello, I am working on your questions, however it would not be another 2 hours that I would be able to reply because the power will be cut where I live for that time. If that's okay with you then I would proceed meanwhile if there's another expert available they can answer your question. Thanks.

Customer:

I need to submit these questions because my time is going away so please any support?

allknower :

I am sorry I can't since I would be cut off from power any time now. I will opt out so someone else could be with you. Good Luck! :)

Customer:

Wow: I have requested this earlier and my time is going away so please i need this ASAP (as soon is possible).

Customer:

hello is anyone there?

Customer:

ARE YOU GOING TOANSWER TO THIS?

Customer:

WAITING ON YOUR RESPOND ASAP

Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find another professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please I am waiting still on the respond from your department so please someone will respond to my request? This is my last chance and it is very important to me. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there anyone will respond to my request under Leadership skills book? please advice

Thank you for your continued patience as we search for the right professional to assist you. I have marked your question high priority, and you'll receive an email notification as soon as you have a new reply.

Best,

Angela
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.
I can assist you. I shall work on your questions immediately

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xys4bzw49zgehro

I would be glad to respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to download and please again this is my last chance to take the exam if answers are not right. Again I need someone thats stronger I dont want to fail because thats very important to me. Can someone will support me? Any respond

You may compare your answers with mine and let me know if you have any questions. I cannot guarantee that the answers are all correct because I do not have an answer key.

Here are my answers in another format:

Attachment: 2013-06-14_122442_leadership_5.docx

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to open so i dont know what type of format you are using is there anyone else will respond to my request. This is very important to me if I will fail even with 2 questions then I will not be able to pass. I am looking for someone that is stronger i.e Chris steven something like he is very good. Please don't charge me yet until I will get the exams. Thanks

I will opt out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please find me someone that is very good because I dont want to fail this is very important to me. Thank you

Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional, Chris, a message to follow up with you here. If I can help further, please let me know, otherwise, no need to reply. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your support and hopefully there will be someone to help.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
HelloCustomer

I see that you were requesting me to assist with this quiz. I had a look at the answers provided by FiveStarLaw, and I think these are good to submit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

dear XXXXX basically I wasnt able to open the question that she sends to me and this is my last chance to take the exam. In this case I have requested you to provide me with support because I do trust you base on your profile. If you can support will be much appreciated from your end. Thank you

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Why can't you open the file? What happens when you click on the link?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is saying is not supportive can not be open something like that... Are you going to be able to support? Thanks

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.

Ask her if she would mind putting the answers on the page for you to view.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you going to support me sir? thank you

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
If I answered these questions, the answers wouldn't be significantly different (if at all) from those provided already. So, in this case, don't believe I can provide any additional support.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That will be very supportive from your end...

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris M would you please support me with these answers under leadership skills please answer to my request because it is very important. I am waiting on your respond because I have 6hrs to submit the exam. Are you there?

__________ targets developing leadership for the organization and frequently highly individualized in nature.
A. Executive development
B. Leader development
C. Leadership development
D. Supervisory and managerial development
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
__________ involves a a relatively permanent increase or change in behavior, knowledge, or skill that comes about because of some experience.
A. Education
B. Development
C. Learning
D. Training
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
__________ programs focus on self-awareness and understanding of strengths and weakness as well as getting in touch with personal values.
A. Basic knowledge
B. Personal growth
C. Skill development
D. Creativity
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
A willingness to learn requires both:
A. motivation and readiness
B. motivation and education
C. readiness and education
D. readiness and development
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
Whechien was recently hired as a floor manager of a local home garden center. During his first month as manager, he participated in 80 hours of orientation training to become familiar with the policies and procedures of the organization. Which element of the core of learning best represents this example?
A. willingness to learn
B. ability to learn
C. effective informal support
D. sufficient development experiences
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
If the culture values __________, then leader development should focus opportunities on all employees.
A. egalitarianiasm
B. high power distance
C. action-orienttion
D. high communication context
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
__________ refers to leader development programs that focus on information about content of leadership and fundamental concepts such as communication, feedback and contingent rewards.
A. Basic knowledge
B. Personal growth
C. Skill development
D. Creativity
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
__________ focuses on the application of knowledge which included topics such as planning, goal setting, and monitoring.
A. Basic knowledge
B. Personal growth
C. Skill development
D. Creativity
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
Because the United States has __________, it is appropriate to create leader development programs with a high degree of exposure to new and challenging situations.
A. tolerance for ambiguity
B. action-orientation
C. high communication context
D. low power distance
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
Cultures that value __________, can focus the content of leader development and training on practical matters and hands-on training.
A. action-orientation
B. high communication context
C. tolerance for ambiguity
D. high power distance
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
Coaching programs are most often used in:
A. executive development programs.
B. self-development programs.
C. supervisor training programs.
D. leader development programs.
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
Which personality trait is most likely related to one’s ability to seek and accept feedback?
A. external locus of control
B. openness to experience
C. emotional stablility
D. high macs
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
Self-awareness is a limited method for leader development because it only provides leaders with:
A. rich developmental experience.
B. individual awareness.
C. opportunity for practice.
D. support from the organization.
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
When using the __________ criteria for leader training, participants must be alerted to the need for change and specific areas they should address so that they are ready to change.
A. assessment
B. individual awareness
C. opportunity for practice
D. challenging experience
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
Which criteria for effective development relate to the culture of the organization?
A. fit and integration
B. assessment
C. opportunity for practice
D. feedback
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
Leader development programs that provide parallel learning environments and address different learning styles offer:
A. appropriate assessment and follow-up.
B. clearly stated objectives.
C. integrated assessment.
D. a combination of tools and methods.
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
__________ refers to the process of personal reflection and getting feedback from others.
A. Values clarification
B. Assessment
C. Double-loop learning
D. Learning
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
The only potential weakness for real experience in leader development criteria is __________, which can be easily built in through formal programs or use of existing organizational performance tools.
A. individual awareness
B. feedback on new learning
C. opportunity for practice
D. assessment
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
The primary difference in the methods often used for coaching and mentoring programs is that mentoring usually does not include:
A. assessment.
B. opportunity for practice.
C. support from the organization.
D. individual awareness.
Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?
__________ is an ongoing, long-term change or evolution that occurs because of various learning experiences.
A. Development
B. Training
C. Education
D. Curriculum
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you please answer my another question under leadership skills which i have already send? thank you

A. Executive development
B. Leader development
C. Leadership development

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. Education
B. Development
C. Learning
D. Training

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. Basic knowledge
B. Personal growth
C. Skill development
D. Creativity

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A willingness to learn requires both:

A. motivation and readiness
B. motivation and education
C. readiness and education
D. readiness and development

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. willingness to learn
B. ability to learn
C. effective informal support
D. sufficient development experiences

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. egalitarianiasm
B. high power distance
C. action-orienttion
D. high communication context

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. Basic knowledge
B. Personal growth
C. Skill development
D. Creativity

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. Basic knowledge
B. Personal growth
C. Skill development
D. Creativity

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. tolerance for ambiguity
B. action-orientation
C. high communication context
D. low power distance

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. action-orientation
B. high communication context
C. tolerance for ambiguity
D. high power distance

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. executive development programs.
B. self-development programs.
C. supervisor training programs.
D. leader development programs.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. external locus of control
B. openness to experience
C. emotional stablility
D. high macs

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. rich developmental experience.
B. individual awareness.
C. opportunity for practice.
D. support from the organization.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. assessment
B. individual awareness
C. opportunity for practice
D. challenging experience

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. fit and integration
B. assessment
C. opportunity for practice
D. feedback

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

B. clearly stated objectives.
C. integrated assessment.
D. a combination of tools and methods.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. Values clarification
B. Assessment
C. Double-loop learning
D. Learning

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. individual awareness
B. feedback on new learning
C. opportunity for practice
D. assessment

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. assessment.
B. opportunity for practice.
C. support from the organization.
D. individual awareness.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A. Development
B. Training
C. Education
D. Curriculum

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Customer,

I just logged on and saw your reply. If you still need help with these question, please post these as a new, separate question and i will assist you.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did try for a new question but unfortunately is not letting me ... let me try again

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
OK, I will looking for your post.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much because i am trying to open new page for asking same question is not letting me. Please find out the way and i will pay for the answer. Your support will be much appreciated from your end. Thank you

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
If you are having trouble posting a question, contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support. Click on the 'Email' link and send them a message about your problem with posting a question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Chris and hopefully there will be some feedback because my times is going away.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Good luck on this assignment!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you but no one is answering my request and I dont want to fail in this exam. thanks

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
If you have funds in your account, then you should be able to may a new post of this question. This ensures the expert that they will be compensated for answering questions. No need to reply here, as each reply prompts a response from me. Good luck!

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, thanks

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Chris would you please help me with semester exam under leadership skills book as following: I need this about 4hrs if is possible.

Leadership Skills

1 In addition to basic managerial functions of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling, leaders are ascribed:

1. Procedural and external roles

2. Procedural and internal roles

3. Strategic and internal roles

4. Strategic and external roles

2 Leaders in high power distance cultures would be most characterized by:

1. Expecting feedback from employees

2. Relying on formal structures to accomplish tasks

3. Seeking notoriety for the organization

4. Focusing on team efforts

3 The trait approach to leadership suggests that:

1. Leaders have special innate qualities

2. Leadership traits are clearly visible

3. Traits are based on social class

4. Traits cannot be measured

4 The interactionist view of individual differences suggests:

1. The environment determines who we are

2. Genes are the most important factor in making people who they are

3. Heredity and the environment both influence individual differences

4. Culture is one of the key factor in determining how people behavior

5 All managers have access to which source of individual power?

1. Legitimate

2. Authority

3. Coercive

4. Expert

6 Followers will only follow a charismatic leader if:

1. They believe change is needed

2. They are motivated

3. They have clear rewards waiting for them

4. They are confident

7 As organizations grow and mature, the leader’s influence is often replaced with:

1. They influence of teams

2. The power of middle management

3. The presence of a strong culture

4. Individual decision making

8 Which of the following cultural values can affect employee participation in decision making?

1. Collectivism

2. Tolerance for ambiguity

3. Ascription

4. Time orientation

9 ____________is change that is the result of specific and conscious actions by leaders or followers to change the organization

1. Unplanned

2. Convergent

3. Evolutionary

4. Revolutionary

10 ______________focuses on education and teaching participants the skills to effectively conduct the day-to-day activities of the individual’s role in the organization.

1. Executive development

2. Leader development

3. Leadership development

4. Supervisory and managerial development

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Customer,

Please make a new, separate post of these questions. Begin your post with "For Chris M."

Thank you!