Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Experience:  BA (Hons) & MA Qualifications
65126503

Needing Help in Microsoft Access

I"m needing help in Microsoft Access doing the following steps with a database Open the NorthWind Database. 2. Click "Sales Reports" in the "Quick Links" box. 3. The Year combo box is auto-populated with 2006. Explain where this is being generated from. 4. Go into Design view of this form. You should notice that the combo box cbYear is a Value List with a set Row Source of the years 2002-2005. However the current database has Orders in 2006. Therefore if you select 2003 from the list there is no way to go back to 2006 without generating an error. Change the Row Source Type to Table/Query and set the Row Source to a query that selects only the Years of existing orders. Note: Each year should only appear once. 5. Close and Save the Form. 6. Click "Sales Reports" in the "Quick Links" box to open it. Describe: a. How this form knows which report to open based upon the Selected Sales Period. b. Under "Select Case Me.lstSalesPeriod", where is "Case ByYear", "Case ByQuarter" and "Case ByMonth" defined? 7. Create a new table named tblProjectType. This table needs to contain a unique ID and a description of the project type. 8. Populate tblProjectType with the following data: · Industrial · Manufacturing · Medical/Research · Educational · Government 9. Add a field [ProjectType] (type is Number, Long) to table Orders. 10. Create a one-to-many relationship between the Orders table and tblProjectType. 11. Create a query named qryOrderedProductByProjectType that shows all Products ordered in the second quarter of 2006 grouped by ProjectType, sorted by the Order Date. 12. Create a report named rptOrderedProductByProjectType that displays the results of qryOrderedProductByProjectType. 13. Compact and Repair the completed database.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this

Steve Herrod :

do you have the database available?

Customer:

I do....how do I send it to you?

Steve Herrod :

if you go to wikisend.com

Steve Herrod :

choose upload

Steve Herrod :

and attach the file there

Steve Herrod :

it will then give you a link I can use to download the file

Customer:

Gotcha..uploading now

Steve Herrod :

ok

Customer:

http://wikisend.com/download/313480/Northwind 2007.accdb

Customer:

Is it downloading for you okay?

Steve Herrod :

got it

Steve Herrod :

does it matter what user logs in to the database?

Customer:

No

Customer:

I am just completely confused on this so I'm praying you can help

Steve Herrod :

ok - no problem

Steve Herrod :

leave it with me

Customer:

Everything okay?

Customer:

Oh...this has to stay in an Access 2007 format

Steve Herrod :

yes - think it'll be fine

Steve Herrod :

will make sure it stays Access 2007

Customer:

Great....

Steve Herrod :

should be with you in 30 mins or so

Customer:

great

Customer:

hows it going?

Steve Herrod :

not too bad

Customer:

Would you be up for...after you work your magic...to answering some questions after I look through it?

Customer:

Everything going okay?

Steve Herrod :

yes - that'll be fine

Steve Herrod :

just on last step

Customer:

Fantastic

Steve Herrod :

database is here

Customer:

download link?

Steve Herrod :

questions are here

Customer:

Gotcha...let me look through it

Steve Herrod :

ok

Customer:

Steve...this is perfection. Thank you so much

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Steve Herrod :

you're welcome

Customer:

Okay....what do I do from here?

Customer:

this is the first time I've used this service

Steve Herrod :

well, if you're happy then you can rate the service

Steve Herrod :

and that will credit me for my time

Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Experience: BA (Hons) & MA Qualifications