Carla
Carla, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in Data Processing Technology. Over 12+ years experience in IT, Databases and Systems Administration.

Expanded Entity Relationship Model Diagram

Category: Homework
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this - can you let me know the full details of the assignment and when it is due?

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

So, i need to make this diagram on Visio, and it calls for using fields, visits, and counts; and I also need to use attributes.

Customer:

it supposed to be Expanded Entity Relationship Model Diagram, and to assign primary and foreign keys.

Customer:

and but not least it a relationship of 1:1, 1:M, M:1, or M:N between the tables

Customer:

and its not due until tomorrow but im stuck on whether to use Visio or Microsoft Access!!!

Steve Herrod :

Ok, I would use Visio to be honest but what is the diagram representing?

Customer: Nothing in particular...just random events like going from work to home, or whatever
Steve Herrod :

ah ok - so I should be able to do this for tomorrow

Steve Herrod :

is there any guideline on any words, explanation that is required

Customer: No, no guidel lines just the info I posted above
Customer:

anything??

Steve Herrod :

sorry, I didn't get the responses until just now so will have to opt out for someone else as I won't be able to work on this today

Customer:

ok thanks

Customer:

will someone else be here to help me on this

Customer:

?

Steve Herrod :

there are lots of experts online and one of them should be able to respond

Customer:

so its open for anybody to respond?

Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find another professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, if I can get help by 9 pm, then it's okay other than that no worries
Thank you for your patience. We will continue to search for a professional to assist you.
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Hello

I should be able to help you but I would need more information on what needs to be done here.

Can I use any example (ie: video store) for this ER diagram?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can use that example or anything
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I have created an ERD for orders placed by customers.

You can download the files from the following link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0s9p1si292r7pptoqhl1gaog2qy9oe1

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Thank you
Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
Have you been able to download the ERD?

Let me know, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i was able to download it but how do I indicate the primary and foreign keys in each design??

and also how do I indicate whether there is a 1:1, 1:M, M:1, or M:N relationship between the tables??

Expert:  Carla replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Carla, Engineer
Experience: Bachelor's degree in Data Processing Technology. Over 12+ years experience in IT, Databases and Systems Administration.