Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.

I am a student need the average sentence for sexual assualt

I am a student need the average sentence for sexual assualt or battery in the state of Indiana for class (Criminal Investigation) part of my Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice

Ray Atkinson :

Sexual assault is not defined in Indiana, but rape and sexual battery are. Rape is either a Felony B or A, depending on aggravating circumstances (threats, weapon, violence, mental disability, drugged victim). Sexual battery is either a Felony D or C depending on the same circumstances.
The state-recommended advisory sentence for Felony D is 1.5 years, C is 4, B is 10, and A is 30, and judges seem to me from news reports to follow the recommends unless the case has something unusual about it.

Check Indiana Code 35-42-2-1 This also gives the misdemeanors classification that is relate sexual assualted and battery penalties. All cases have unusual problems that why you need a lawyer with you to under the charges against. Good Luck. Thanks