Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

14. The advice was meant for _______. Which

Customer Question

14. The advice was meant for _______.

Which of the following options correctly completes the sentence above?

him and I

she and me

you and I

you and me

15. Which of the following sentence is written correctly?

Whenever Mother visits my aunt she gets a bit of family news.

Mother gets a bit of family news, whenever my aunt visits her.

Whenever Mother and my aunt visit, she gets a bit of family news.

Mother gets a bit of family news whenever she visits my aunt.

16.

1. Understanding which flavors complement each other can take years of practice.

2. Following these basic tenets will allow you to produce recipes that your friends and family will love to ??

3. Once you've mastered flavor combinations, however, there's no end to the tasty experiments you can think up.

4. The key to developing a truly delicious and user-friendly recipe is to focus on flavor combinations and simplicity.

5. For kitchen experiments to become usable recipes, you should keep the user in mind and focus on clear concise instructions.

Using the sentences above, which of the following sentence orders best forms an organized, logical paragraph?

1, 3, 4, 5, 2

2, 1, 3, 5, 4

4, 1, 3, 5, 2

5, 2, 1, 4, 3

17. The nurses, who was late for work, put the manual into a large blue tote bag getting out of the car.

Which of the following is misplaced in the sentence above?

who was late for work.

getting out of the car

into a large blue tote bag

put the manual

18. The nurse took my vital signs. She documented her findings in my record. She discussed my condition with the charge nurse.

Assuming the sentences above are in chronological order, which of the following options appropriately

After collecting my vital signs and documenting her findings, the nurse discussed my conditions with the charge nurse.

The nurse discussed my condition with the charge nurse while collecting and documenting my vital signs.

After discussing my condition with the charge nurse, the nurse collected my vital signs and documented.

Collecting and documenting my vital signs, the nurse discussed my condition with the charge nurse.

19. Which of the following potions is spelled correctly?

pecular

peculiar

peculier

peculair

20. Their professor, who was known for his imposing demeanor looked around the classroom before dryly stating. "Each of you students are responsible for arriving to class on time."

Which of the following language conventions is violated in the sentence above?

A. Verb tense

B. Punctuation for nonessential clause

C. Subject-verb agreement

D. Punctuation for a direct quote

21. Which of the following options is spelled correctly?

Conscience

Consience

Concience

Consceince

22. After heart surgery, the patient spent all night quietly dozing until she was awakened by the cacophony of the hospital employees.

Which of the following is the meaning for "cacophony" as used in the sentence above?

Movement

Harsh sounds

Routine duties

Conversation

23. Which of the following sentences best uses grammar for style and clarity ?

When a story is interrupted to present a past event, that is what a flashback is.

A flashback is a device where a past event interrupts the story

A flashback is a device in which a story is interrupted to present a past event

Interrupting a story to present a past event is what a flashback is for.

24. Which of the following sentence is an example of second person narrative voice?

You became lost in a labyrinth of lies and deceptions

It was a labyrinth of lies and deceptions in which she was lost.

He was lost in a labyrinth of lies and deceptions.

I became lost in a labyrinth of lies and deceptions.

25. The surgeon __________ operated on the patient has a great reputation.

Which of the following potions correctly completes the sentence above?

who

whom

which

that

26. Which of the following sentences demonstrates proper subject-verb agreement?

Physics is a difficult subject to learn.

Measles usually spread through respiratory fluids.

The study of various sciences are compelling.

News travel fast.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 10 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.