Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher

FOR CHER ONLY I DONT REALLY KNOW THE CORRECT EXAM # Exam:

FOR CHER ONLY
I DON'T REALLY KNOW THE CORRECT EXAM #
Exam: 088053RR - SKELETAL AND MUSCULAR SYSTEMS
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you
hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page
break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Your dog has broken a bone in its leg. Which of the following correctly describes bone cell
transformation in this case?
A. Chondrocytes to osteocytes
B. Chondrocytes to osteoblasts
C. Osteoclasts to chondrocytes
D. Osteocytes to osteoblasts
2. The patella is a _______ bone.
A. flat
B. sesamoid
C. carpal
D. long
3. Which of the following is true of smooth muscle?
A. Smooth muscle can't maintain an even amount of tension.
B. It can't maintain a steady state of contraction.
C. Smooth muscle can shorten more relative to its length compared with striated (skeletal) muscle.
D. It's under voluntary control.
4. Max and Deb are discussing anatomical terms. Max says that if you want to refer to the parts of an
animal's head that are closer to the tip of the nose, you would use the term rostral. Deb says that you
would use the term caudal to refer to that parts of the animal that are closer to the tail. Who is correctly
using the terms?
A. Neither
B. Both
C. Only Max
D. Only Deb
5. The cell organelle that produces most of the cell's energy to fuel the cell is the
A. centrosome.
B. nucleolus.
C. mitochondria.
D. nucleus.
6. Which of the following muscles are used when breathing?
A. Interosseous and the diaphragm
B. Interosseous and pectoral
C. Intercostal and pectoral
D. Intercostal and the diaphragm
7. Fibrous connective tissue that connects muscle to bone is called
A. a tendon.
B. cartilage.
C. a sinusoid.
D. a ligament.
8. The branch of anatomy that studies the microscopic structure of tissues is
A. anatomy.
B. histology.
C. biology.
D. physiology.
9. Carolina and Angela are discussing the various joints of the body. Carolina says that you would find the
synovial joints between the long bones and also the vertebrae. Angela say you would find the fibrous joints
connecting the bones of the skull and connecting the teeth to the skull. Who is correct?
A. Only Carolina
B. Both
C. Neither
D. Only Angela
10. The teamwork between the kidneys and urinary bladder is an example of a/an
A. organ.
B. organ system.
C. tissue.
D. cell.
11. Randy and Nina are discussing cellular energy. Randy says that endocytosis is movement out of the
cell. Nina says that exocytosis is movement into the cell. Who is correct?
A. Neither
B. Only Randy
C. Only Nina
D. Both
12. The sarcomere is defined as the space between two
A. H-bands.
B. I-bands.
C. M-lines.
D. Z-lines.
13. The tarsal bones are found in what part of the animal?
A. Back
B. Front leg
C. Neck
D. Hind leg
14. A type of collagen that forms a very fine network of fibers in which the stem cells are interspersed is
called
A. yellow marrow.
B. reticulin.
C. periople.
D. elastin.
15. The most accurate description of the structure of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is
A. a triple helix.
B. two single strands attached at the centrosome.
C. two single strands attached at the centromere.
D. a double helix.
16. An anatomical feature unique to smooth muscle is
A. dense bodies.
B. cylindrical myofibrils.
C. sarcosomes.
D. intercalated disks.
17. Which of the following is an example of voluntary muscle activity?
A. Movement of food down the intestine
B. Heart contractions
C. Scratching
D. Movement of urine into the bladder
18. The part of the cell that can be stimulated by outside chemicals, triggering the cell to carry out specific
functions, is called the
A. cell membrane receptor.
B. lysosome.
C. Golgi apparatus.
D. endoplasmic reticulum.
19. All domestic animals have _______ cervical vertebrae.
A. six
End of exam
B. eight
C. five
D. seven
20. Which of the following is the correct order of the four phases of cellular mitosis?
A. Telophase, anaphase, metaphase, prophase
B. Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase
C. Metaphase, prophase, anaphase, telophase
D. Anaphase, metaphase, prophase, telophase
Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Nikki, and thanks for requesting me!

I will be glad to help you with these questions.

Can you tell me by when you need them?

Thanks,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

AS SOON AS U CAN GIVE ME THEM. BUT TAKE YOUR TIME I'M STILL READING MY MODULE

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Nikki and thanks for your reply.

You'll probably have them later tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Cher, Teacher
Experience: Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Nikki.

Thanks very much for your positive rating and most generous bonus; they are truly appreciated!

Please post the next exam that begins with "Integumentary" as a new, separate question to my attention (begin with "For Cher"), when you're ready. I already have the questions from your other post, so if they haven't changed, just send the title of the exam and tell me that you're ready to have it answered. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher