TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

Create a web service in .NET that provides an algorithmically

Create a web service in .NET that provides an algorithmically generated unique identifier. Include the date and time, and IP address in the identifier. Use an algorithm of your choice.
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

By when do you need this?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
By Monday. Thanks.
You're welcome.
Hello again!

You can download the project files here:

Once you open up the project in VWD 2010, open the default.aspx file.

Run the program.

Visually, there is not much to this. The bulk of the work is in getting a web service set up. I just created the default.aspx to show the web service working.

The web service is actually in uniqueid.asmx

Default.aspx consume the web service and displays the results. As you can see, it displays a unique identifier. If you reload the page, there will be a new unique identifier.

The web service take your IP address and the current date/time. I concatenates this information and then performs and MD5 hash on it. This results in a unique identifier based on the IP address, date, and time.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. It is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This looks great to me. I'll see what my teammates think and let you know if I have questions. When I submit the completed web application, I will zip the database, profile info app, and unique identifier app for the final.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.