Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Experience:  BA (Hons) & MA Qualifications
65126503

This question is for Steve Herrod.He recently assisted

Customer Question

This question is for Steve Herrod. He recently assisted another person with this and I could really use the same help...its for the exact same thing. http://www.justanswer.com/homework/7mq51-project-windows-server-2008-active-directorythis.html

I am stuck have tried many designs and still need help.

Description of Project

This is an individual project where you will engage the many components of planning the implementation of Windows Server 2008 Active Directory. With increased use of computer technology, many medical practices, clinics and doctor’s offices are moving away from their paper-based recording system for their patients to a new Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system. In this project, a group of 4 medical offices are merging together into a single entity.

The EMR application has already been purchased by the new company, and requires Active Directory to function. In addition to the EMR system, many insurance companies require submission of claim forms electronically instead of paper forms. Additionally, many pharmacies they use now accept electronic prescriptions via the Internet. The net effect in this scenario is that several small practices are grouping together and are moving to an entirely electronic system.

The name of the new entity will be called ECPI EMR. Each of the remote offices has about 30 tablet computers that will be used for the EMR system via a browser interface, and 30 desktops running Windows 7 for general office work, thus central file storage on the domain is required. ECPI EMR would like to provide web pages on the Internet and they would also like internal email.

The 4 offices are:

• Maplewood Family Practice

• Advance Urgent Care Clinic

• Salem Pediatricians

• Westgate Oncology

Each office has these departments:

• Providers [all the physicians, physician assistants, nurses, etc]

• Accounting [processes payments, receipts, payroll, etc]

• Nursing [handles submission of prescriptions to pharmacies]

• Insurance [works with insurance companies]

A central office will house the IT infrastructure to support the new company. One Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition server is located in each of the remote offices at this time. Additional servers can be purchased if justified. A T1 line is already in place between the remote offices and the central office. Digital certificates are needed for authentication purposes for these devices.

Your task is to design the Active Directory structure for the new organization.

In this project, you will:

• Design AD logical and physical design

• Design the GPO structure of the organization

• Design the DNS infrastructure to support Active Directory

• Identify the location of the FSMO roles

• Identify the DC locations

• Identify the bridgehead servers (if any are used)

• Design the software / operating system deployment plan for the organization

• Design the CA for the organization

• Develop a Disaster recovery plan to include data and Active directory

• Identify additional servers / equipment needed

• Generate a time line to implement the entire solution

Part 1

Unit 1 Project

You are beginning the design of your solution for ECPI EMR, the newly combined medical services provider company. You will use Microsoft Visio (via XenDesktop).

Part 1 – Existing Network Diagram

30 points

Using Visio, prepare a diagram based on the information you’ve been given so far. This will be a first step to confirm you have a firm understanding of the existing environment, particularly the hardware already installed. Visio has extensive stencils for diagramming computer networks, however, focus most on thinking through what’s described in the project.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U1_Project1-1.vsd

Part 2 – Active Directory Diagrams

70 points

Using Visio, design a physical and a logical structure for the company. You should have two files, one for each diagram. In these diagrams, you should include physical components such as domain controllers, file storage, forests, OUs, domains, trees, etc. Know that this is an initial plan and will likely change dramatically as you progress in the project. Get ideas from the images in Chapter 3 and 4. What you start with now will likely be very different from what you end with.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U1_Project2-1.vsd for the physical design.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U1_Project2-2.vsd for the logical design.

Submit all three files below.

PART2 A

Part 1

35 points

Using Word, document your plans for the OU structure for the company. Remember, each of the four offices has four departments, plus there is one central IT office. Your OU structure should reflect each of them at minimum, plus any other OUs you feel would be pertinent to the company. Your structure should also follow a naming convention for each OU. Feel free to use Word’s outline feature to design your structure.

Your OU structure must include a paragraph to explain the decisions you made.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U2_Project1-1.doc

Part 2

35 points

Using Word, document your plans for a naming convention for the users on the domain. (Will the account name format be JSmith, JillSmith, SmithJill, JBS, or something else?) Document how you would name these five domain accounts:

First Name

Middle Initial

Lastname

User logon name:

Jill

B

Smith

Steve

K

Mauser

Corey

R

Ramsey

PA

Shelley

T

Munger

Jeffrey

B

Shohl

Include in your document the reasons you chose your convention for naming user accounts.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U2_Project1-2.doc

Part 3

30 points

Using Word, document the security groups and distribution groups you would create for the company, and why. You should include the name of each group, how it will be used in the company, the role its members have in the company, and the scope the group has. Following is an example chart to complete:

Group NameUse in companyRole of membersScope

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U2_Project1-3.doc

Submit all three files below.

Part 2 B

You know about the power that group policies can have on a domain. In the network for this new company, there are a variety of types of users, types of applications and types of computers.

Using Word, document your plans for the settings for each of these:

Password XXXXX

• Password XXXXX

• Maximum Password XXXXX

• Minimum Password XXXXX

• Minimum Password XXXXX

Account Lockout Policy

• Lockout Duration

• Lockout Threshold

• Reset lockout counter

You should include your reasons for each of your choices. You must also indicate where in your OU structure you would apply these policies and how you would apply them.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U2_Project2-1.doc

Part 2

60 points

At ECPI EMR, only the Providers [all the physicians, physician assistants, nurses, etc] should have access to the electronic medical record application. Using Word, describe how you would:

• deploy the software to the hand-held devices on the domain

• restrict access to the application to only the appropriate domain accounts.

Note: Your decisions may impact your previous design, and you may need to update that, but do not need to submit those changes in this assignment.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U2_Project2-2.doc

Submit the two files below.

PART 3 A

DNS is a required component of Active Directory. For ECPI EMR, you must design their internal and external DNS. It is recommended that you use Windows Server 2008 DNS for both, however, you may choose to implement a different solution on the network. ECPI EMR would like to host web pages, so you will need to include a record on for the server. Traffic to the site is not expected to be high. They would also email on the network, so they will need an appropriate mail exchange record as well.

Using Visio, diagram your internal and external DNS designs. You should have two files, one for each diagram. Your external DNS diagram will be simply how the company network is represented on the Internet. In these diagrams, you should include:

• DNS name(s)

• Note: ECPI EMR has not yet purchased an Internet domain name. You may recommend a name to use.

• Required DNS records on each server

• Placement of DNS servers on the network

• Zone type(s) of each server

• Server role(s) of each server

• If you require more hardware than is currently installed, you must justify why it should be purchased

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U3_Project1-1.vsd for the internal DNS design.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U3_Project1-2.vsd for the external DNS design.

PART 3 B

Continuing your design for ECPI EMR, you want to investigate the functional levels available to the network. You know that the use of Windows Server 2008 for server and Windows 7 for desktops impacts the functional levels.

You also want to diagram the forest(s) and tree(s) you will have on the domain as well as the necessary trusts. Indicate the functional levels of the domain(s), including any global catalog server. Your design may also include sites.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U3_Project2-1.vsd for the domain design.

Part 2

50 points

You know that replication traffic can impact network performance, so you want to carefully plan how the domain controllers will replicate.

Using information from your diagrams thus far, expand your design to include the indication of replication traffic. If your design includes sites, ensure they are indicated as well. You should include intrasite replication, and intersite replication if needed. If you plan to integrate DNS with Active Directory, you should indicate that replication as well.

PART 4

Due to the security needs related to the exchange of medical record information, ECPI EMR requires the implementation of a public key infrastructure (PKI) for the new network. They would like to secure the transmission within the network as well as manage and verify the identity of users who access components in the network. Remember, the EMR application utilizes a browser-based (not web-based) interface instead of a locally installed client, thus an internal CA is suitable since transmissions are within the network. .

Part 1

50 points

In a one-page Word document, describe the components of your CA solution for ECPI EMR. Include any hardware, software, and components to be installed or configured for the network.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U4_Project-1.doc

Part 2

50 points

ECPI EMR department PCs will use Microsoft Office 2010, which is an AD RMS-enabled application. They like the features of being able to restrict how a document or message is handled given the highly sensitive nature of medical-related data.

In a one-page Word document, describe how ECPI EMR can implement features to define how documents can be used within their network. Include any additional network components they will need to purchase or install on their current network, as well as any needed DNS changes.

Save your file as Lastname_CIS256_U4_Project-2.doc

Category: Homework
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this

Steve Herrod :

Will check through the previous question and send some details around 9/10AM EST

Customer:

All right. Thank you. If you noticed I listed them in main parts. Part 1 Part 2 A Part 2 B Part 3 A Part 3 B and Part 4. Just wanted to make sure on that. Thank you.

Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Experience: BA (Hons) & MA Qualifications
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Erm did I just close this question?

If so that was a mistake,I still need to keep it opened as I still need help with the initial question.

No - the question is still open, it's now in Q&A mode. Will send the parts and an update later this morning.

Cheers

Steve
For the previous project, I also have a part 5 but wasn't required to do parts 1, 2B and 3B.

I can work on these for you - can you let me know when they are needed by?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As soon as you can if possible.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As soon as you can if possible.

Parts 1 , 2B and 3 B.

Part 5 if you have it I will take it as well.

If that is fine with you.

Thank you.

Ok - I will upload part 5 shortly and get working on those as soon as I can

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and I will be keeping an eye out for the others.

You're welcome!
First part of Part 2B

https://www.box.com/shared/llsp08t862nt66xkyl2v

Cheers

Steve
Second part of Part 2B

https://www.box.com/shared/fi5hjhk3knem7s6u68jl

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you sir!

No problem - working on the Visio diagrams next.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you...I shall wait patiently for it :)

A few of these did indeed match (or were) close to what I was doing....so at least I knew I was on the right path.

I was able to see the differences and my mistakes when comparing with yours.

Thank you so much.

No problem - the Visio documents will be with you around 9/10AM EST

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you sir.

Here is one of the Visio files

https://www.box.com/s/ffkie10og8hpsc9sqqy9

Cheers

Steve
Here is another

https://www.box.com/s/i1uxwl22wcuj5nul6pgs

Cheers

Steve
Penultimate one!

https://www.box.com/s/0p585uzmg9z7f0nef454

cheers

Steve
Here is the last one

https://www.box.com/s/ej29aw62sdgm70chfhme

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Awesome thank you so much!

No problem!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steve, you da man.

Thank you, I will be looking you up in the future in case I need it.

This has helped me see my problems with my work and correct it.

Worth the cost.

No problem - you're welcome and I'll be happy to help with anything in future!

Cheers

Steve