TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

Creating a CRM Database Last week you used MySQL Workbench

Creating a CRM Database

Last week you used MySQL Workbench to create an ER diagram for me.Now I need you to create the database in MySQL.

Two Requirements

1. Based on the requirements from the previous gig last week, using both MySQL Server and MySQL Workbench, create a schema called ABC_YourLastName. In this schema, create all the necessary tables, columns, and relationships to complete the database.

2. In a 2 - 3 page Microsoft Word document (double spaced lines) please cover these two points:

a. Describe your database.
b. Explain which tables, columns, keys, and so on will be seen in the schema.
Category: Homework
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

By when is this required?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This one is not required today or tonight. It is due by tomorrow night or you could say it's due in 36 hours or so.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,

I will contact you once this is complete.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

You can download the completed task here:

Attachment: 2013-06-04_003631_abc.zip

Within the zip file, you will find both an SQL file and the required Word Document. Running the SQL file is very simple. Simply run it in the Query Editor window in MySQL Workbench.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow, that was fast! Please don't mind me asking but is the work you did for me original? I.e is the word doc freshly written by you? I have to make sure that the work is not available or violating any copyrights. Plus, when I hand in my SQL stuff I hope the instructor doesn't get the same exact work as someone else. The only reason I mention this is because you did it do quickly!

Thank you very much!!
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For some reason I can't open this one. I could open last weeks with Workbench, but not this week's. I just downloaded SQL Workbench last week so I am not too familiar with it yet. When I open MySQL Work bench there are three main options: 1. SQL Development 2. Data Modeling 3. Server Administration. I am using option 1. SQL Development. Under that (on the left at the bottom) I am trying to open and run the file by clicking "edit sql script" but it won't let me open it. It prompts me for a password and I never set up a pw.

Any suggestions? Am I totally overlooking something very simple? Thanks in advance.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Open the SQL file in a text editor, like WordPad.

Copy the entire contents of the file.

Paste the contents on the SQL window and run them.

If it asks you for a password, then you have a password set up on your MySQL server.

Make certain that you unzip the documents first. Do not attempt to open the sql document while it is still in the zip folder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I will try this. Thanks. Where to find the sql window? Which nav button is it under or where exactly do you find it? Sorry, not at all familiar with this workbench yet lol.

Thanks!

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Open MySQL Workbench.

The first option is "Open Connection to Start Querying" under "SQL Development"

Use that to connect to your locally running MySQL Server. Assuming that you connect successfully, it will open a large white window in the middle. It will have a tab called "SQL File 1"

That is an SQL Window. It is the default window that opens when you use MySQL Workbench.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great, thanks! Very helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have new question. This question builds on the one from last week and uses that assignment. I have a not at the bottom following the question - it makes the answer much easier.

Here is the question:

In this assignment, you will practice writing SQL statements.

Create scripts of SQL statements for the following situations:

• Add a minimum of five clients, three sales people, ten contacts, and at least one contact summary for each client to your database that you created in W3 Assignment 2. Every sales person must have at least one client.

• Query your database to produce all the clients for one of the sales people that are assigned to multiple clients.

• Produce a full client list by sales person.

• Add a contact summary to one of your clients, then modify it, and then delete it.

In a Microsoft Word document, create a report that outlines the steps you took to create these scripts. Include the scripts in the report along with a description of the results that you achieved. With your results, include screen shots showing your results.

*****

NOTE: The instructor changed the requirements to make it easier:

"Manually create the following scripts:

INSERT SQL Scripts

In a file create the INSERT Scripts that you would use to load the data that I provided in the Week 4 Problems and Solutions Discussion Area

SQL QUERY Script

Show in a file the script that you would use to query the database for the for one of the sales people that are assigned to multiple clients

SQL QUERY Script

Show in a file the script that you would use to produce a full client list by sales person

SQL QUERY Scripts

Show in a file the scripts that you would use to add a contact summary to one of your clients, then modify it, and then delete it"

So I have pasted the original assignment above, followed by the revised requirements. If you accept this one I will need it done in the next 12 hours or so.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

You must enter this as a new question. Please do not post new question on old threads. I am not able to assist you unless you open a new question.

Please go here and enter your new question.

Please remember to start your question with **For TheDoctor**.

Thank you