TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

Using Oracle, using DDL and DML statements. Create tables to

Attachment: 2013-06-03_203725_week2.pdf

Using Oracle, using DDL and DML statements. Create tables to fulfill the requirements of the ER diagram attached. Populate the newly created tables with three records of data and write two queries with the following requirements: A query (or queries) that lists all of the records in all of the tables. A query that lists the meals and clients -- you will need to join the tables to do this. The output should list Employee Name, Expense Type, Expense Date, Expense Description, Expense Amount, and Client Name. Please include ERD, .sql files, and screen shots (PrtSc then paste into a .doc file) of the output from running the queries. Put all files in a directory and then zip them up. Send me the .zip file.

Category: Homework
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Did you create this ERD? There are serious design issues with the ERD that make implementing this a significant challenge. Composite keys are being used incorrectly, there are foreign key references that are not permitted in oracle, and the design violates second normal form.

If you created this ERD, then we need to rewrite it into something workable. Please let me know by when you need this completed and if you would like me to create an ERD that will work in Oracle.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes - I created it. I am learning this so I am in the basic steps of creating ERDs. If you need to rewrite it...its ok. If you can complete it by end of business today would be great. Let me know if you have other questions or concerns. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I apologize. However, I will not be able to complete this by EOB today, as I have other obligations this afternoon. I can have it to you be the end of the actual day 11:59PM EDT.

Let me know if that will work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Thanks.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

While I am away (Doctor's appointment), can you provide me with the original business case upon which you created this ERD? It isn't entirely evident from this ERD.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

J. Smith, Inc. has five employees and generates large amounts of receipts every month and has had difficulty keeping track of company expense receipts. The company issues each employee one credit card. The credit cards can be used for office expenses, meals with clients, and travel expenses. Each time an employee has a meal with a customer it must be tracked to fulfill IRS regulations. The company must keep a record of the date of the meal, cost, and reason for the meal with each person in attendance. Create an ER diagram that captures this scenario using crows foot notation.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

I will contact you once this is complete.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

Please download the files here:

Attachment: 2013-06-04_214833_oracleexpenses.zip

In the zip file, you will find three SQL files and one word document .The word document contains the new ERD, all of the SQL and all of Screenshots.

The SQL files contain exactly what is stated in the file title. Of course, DDL must be run first, then DML, then you can run the queries (if you chose to run any of them).

All of the requirements have been met and your ERD is now such that you should receive an excellent grade for this.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help.

If you require assistance in the future, please feel free to request me directly by starting your questions with **For TheDoctor**

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for your assitance. Can I contact you for further work? You did a great job. Greatly appreciated.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome.

Yes, you may contact me for future work. Simply start your questions with **For TheDoctor**.

Have a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need your help with some more homework...but I am having problems uploading the word document to you. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Beto

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

You can enter a new question by going here.

When you enter your new question, please remember to start it with **For TheDoctor**.

Upload your document to http://ge.tt

Once uploaded, you will be given a link on the right. Click on the 'Copy Link' option and then paste it into the new question.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here you go...http://www.ge.tt/47F4Jhj/v/0?c

Let me know.Thanks again.

Beto

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Beto.

Please do not ask your question on this question thread. I am not permitted to assist you on an old question thread. You must enter a new question, starting it with **For TheDoctor**. Until you do this, I cannot assist you.

Thank you