Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
32242116

To Chris12,Assignment 2: Decision-making and Philosophy

To Chris12, Assignment 2: Decision-making and Philosophy Part II: Philosophy and the Community Whereas Part I focused on how you as an individual are impacted by a particular decision, Part II focuses on the individual as a member of a community. Thus, you will write a eight- to ten-page research paper based upon a current event/pressing social issue that is relevant to your community. You should address the following points in your analysis: Identify a social issue Identify news articles that present at least two different points-of-view on the issue Explain why the issue is relevant to your community Explain the nature of religious belief and identify the social norms and religious values/beliefs that inform the various perspectives on the issue Explain a relevant ethical theory Explain a relevant political theory Analyze how the chosen theories might approach the issue, including the relevant considerations and the ultimate conclusion reached. You will be expected to explain the relevant theories with support from the course texts (with particular emphasis placed on the primary texts) and from pre-approved secondary sources (including, but not limited to, the course text, online lectures, and a list of suggested online resources). Submit your assignment in the W5: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, June 4, 2013.

Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Maximum Points

Identified a current event/pressing social issue that is relevant to their community
10

Identified authoritative scholarly articles and news articles that present at least two different points-of-view on the issue
10

Explained the nature of religious belief and identified the social norms and religious beliefs/values that inform the various perspectives on the issue
30

Explained a relevant ethical theory with support from primary texts and authoritative secondary sources.
50

Explained a relevant political theory with support from primary texts and authoritative secondary sources.
50

Analyzed how the chosen theories might approach the decision
90

Used correct grammar and spelling.
5

Conformed to APA citation and page length guidelines (8-10 pages).
5

Total:
250

Chris12 :

What time on June 4th is the assignment due? How many refs? Is there any additional information needed to complete the assignment?

Customer:

Before midnight. At least two refs. That's all.

Chris12 :

Okay, thank you. I'll get to it shortly.

Customer:

I posted something on a previous assignment that you have worked on for me that was due on June 1st, can you check it out?

Customer:

It was the essay about technology.

Chris12 :

Okay, I saw it and commented on it.

Customer:

I got an email that said you posted the assignment, but I can't see it.

Customer:

How about the other assignment?

Chris12 :

My apologies, did I miss one?

Customer:

You gave me the technology one, but the other one about the decision-making and Philosophy I don't see that.

Chris12 :

My apologies, I missed that assignment.

Customer:

Oh okay will you be able to finish it by tomorrow before midnight?

Chris12 :

Yes, definitely.

Customer:

Thanks

Chris12 :

You're welcome.

Chris12 :

Here's the assignment: https://www.box.com/s/vpfn1go2dj25256mm3ue

Chris12 :

If you have anything else for me just let me know?

Customer:

Thanks. I appreciate it.