TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

For "The Doctor": Add a feature to allow users to search

For "The Doctor":

Add a feature to allow users to search for text in the titles, categories, and instructions of recipes. Users need not be logged in to search, but they must register or sign in to see the details of a recipe. Be careful to prevent SQL injection and similar attacks.
Add a field to the user table so that you can mark any user as an administrator. Modify your recipe website so administrators have these extra abilities:
Edit or delete any recipe
Remove any non-administrator user from the system. This function should also remove the user's ratings and comments, and transfer ownership of the user's recipes to the administrator.

Files are located at:
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

I will contact you once this is complete.
Hello again!

You can download the files here:

Take note of the adminAlter.txt file. This contains the SQL that you need to run on your database before these alterations will work.

I added the search to the header so that you can search on any page. Anyone can search, but only signed-in individuals can then click on and view the recipe.

When you log in as admin (I set [email protected] account to admin in the sql file that I sent you), you have access to the users menu item.

This page simply lists out the non-admin users and lets you delete them (as that is what is in the requirements).

When you delete such a user, all of their rating/comments are also deleted and all of their recipes are switched to being owned by your admin account. So that meets all of the requirements.

As always, let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.