ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML

For LogicPro only, The NRL is the principal rugby league competition

Customer Question

For LogicPro only,
The NRL is the principal rugby league competition in NSW. The NRL competition started in 1908
contested by 9 teams. Since 1908 the NRL has been known by varying names and has had varying
numbers of teams competing for the premiership. In 2013 there are 16 teams competing for the
premiership. In most years since 1908 two teams have played a grand final to determine the winners of
the premiership (full details of each year of the competition can be found at
http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/premiershiprecords/tabid/10436/default.aspx). In this second
assignment you will write an object-oriented Java program to manipulate a set of data for the teams of
the NRL premierships.
Data
The data that is to be manipulated by your Java program in this assignment is contained in two text files
NRLdata.txt and NRLclubs.txt. These files are found in the zip file for this assignment. The data within
these two files will need to be read in to memory by your program so that it may be manipulated to solve
many aspects of the required functionality of this assignment. The text files have been created to
conform to a particular format. The format for each file is described below:
File: NRLdata.txt
Each line within the file represents a season of the NRL premiership, and has the following format:
year, premiers, runners-up, minor premiers, wooden spooners, Grand Final held, winning score,
losing score, crowd
where each data item is separated by a comma (,).
A brief explanation of each of these data items is:
year: the year of the NRL season/premiership
premiers: the name of the club that won the premiership in that year
runners-up: the name of the club that came second in the premiership in that year
minor premiers: the name of the club that was at the top of the results table after completion
of all rounds of the competition
wooden spooners: the name of the club that was at the bottom of the results table after
completion of all rounds of the competition
Grand Final held: a single character that indicates if a grand final was held/played in that year.
A value of Y indicates that a grand final was played; a value of N indicates that a grand final was
not played
winning score: a numeric value of the score for the winning team. This data item will not exist if
a grand final was not played in that year
losing score: a numeric value of the score for the losing team. This data item will not exist if a
grand final was not played in that year
crowd: a numeric value for the crowd attendance at the grand final. This data item will not exist
if a grand final was not played in that year
Page 3 of 4
File: NRLclubs.txt
Each line within this file represents data about an NRL club, and has the following format:
club name, club mascot, club alias
club name: the name of the NRL club as it is currently known (some clubs have had different
names over the years in which they have competed in the NRL competition)
club mascot: the name of the mascot for the NRL club
club alias: the name, if any, by which this club is also known. For example some clubs have had
different names over the years of the NRL competition hence this data item will enable checking
of club results across different names. Note also that some clubs may not have any aliases and
some may have 1 or more aliases.
Please note that for the purpose of marking the assignment the values in the two text files will be
replaced with other data by the marker. The number of lines of text within the files will also be different
when marking. This is to ensure that your solution has not relied upon specific data values in the files to
work.
When reading the text files into memory the data should be read into appropriate array(s) of objects. The
classes for these objects are briefly outlined below.
Classes
To write your solution for this assignment it is a requirement that you write appropriate code for the
following java Classes.
1. GrandFinal
2. Season
3. Club
These classes are described in general terms as follows:
1. GrandFinal class: the GrandFinal class represents an individual grand final for a particular year
of the NRL competition. The GrandFinal class needs to store data for the year of the grand final,
the winning team, the losing team, the winning score, the losing score and the crowd attendance.
As well as the normal methods that should be created for a class (eg, constructors, ‘setters’, and
‘getters’) you will need to decide upon appropriate methods for this class based upon the
general requirements of the assignment specification.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

My apologies. I am out of ideas and opting out for other Professionals to answer. Please wait. You will be notified by email as soon as any Professional joins you or you can post a new question.
I will help you with your other questions though
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find another professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the question may not seem too clear for the expert that i had requested it is because the question is too long. For extra information on this question I could send all the files related to the assignment.
Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Hi i am ATLProg
Do you have any word/pdf related to this question. If yes
Can you please go to www.wikisend.com and upload your file ? Once you do that you will get a page that has the "File ID" and "Download Link". Copy the "Download Link" or "File ID" and please paste it in your reply here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ATLProg there are several files here are the download links

http://wikisend.com/download/126202/PTassignment2_2013.pdf
http://wikisend.com/download/374520/NRLclubs.txt
http://wikisend.com/download/372432/NRLdata.txt

I hope you find this useful and will be able to assist me.
Thanks.
Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
How soon you need this done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its due on the 31st of March being just over a week away would this be enough time ?
Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Week should be ok but please conirm if price of 100 sound ok looking at effort needed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will happily pay $ 100 if the answer is satisfactory would it also be ok to request that the answer to the question is completed maybe one or two days before the deadline to be safe ?
Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Yes will be done in 3 days or so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thankyou I hope i have provided you with enough information

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Yes you did
Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've tried the solution on eclipse but when you you select options from the menu it does not return anything :\ the first options of loading data files says unable to read data from file. The second option also just asks for an alias but does not return a result from the search. When creating a file it should also have appropriate messages to the user to clarify that the data has been written to the file instead of just going back to the sub-menu. I don't know why but the data from the files are not being read by the program.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
You need to add 2 txt files in eclipse project folder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did :/ the NRLclubs and NrlData right ?

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Yes make sure those files are in root folder of eclipse project try placing them in different folders of your project I have tested this and program works .
Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Are we good?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I wasn't able to view this till this morning and i haven't gotten the chance to re-test it but ive seen the effort you've put in and i will pay you the $100 not to worry :)

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. And let me know if you want me to send the eclipse project itself, i can create one for you and sent it to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi that would be great if you could. Also i will be sending the payment very soon so sorry for the delay, tonight if possible :).

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
I will be more comfortable if you can process the payment soon. :)

I will provide eclipse project in few minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sure not to worry i'll send it tonight the latest you can send me the eclipe project after the payment has cleared if u wish

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
that works
Here is the eclipse project

http://wikisend.com/download/410100/Solution.zip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thankyou i will process the payment now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry question, so the original price was $72 right? so i just add $28 how do i send this payment to you :\?

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure on what the price was originally
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi please confirm you received the payment ?

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Yes i did thanks