TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

You know Javascript and I know SVG. I couldnt find a tutor

You know Javascript and I know SVG. I couldn't find a tutor that can do Javscript as well as you. Could you help me finish my last project?

Basically, I am building the portfolio that will show the layout of image on the right, the title on the top and buttons on the upper right and text below the buttons. The functionality is JavaScript, SMIL, Dynamic creation of some page element.

Hello again,

I'm not sure that I can assist you with this.

From what you sent, I do not see that the index is doing anything at all. I do not see any code running. I see no buttons or titles. Here is what I see:

I need a significantly more detailed description of what is going on, what needs to be accomplished, how what you sent me is supposed to work, etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Alright, I will try my best.
SVG buttons that change the content of the website.
Title, using the
Layout inside the box is
Image on the right
Title on the top
Buttons on the upper right
Text below the buttons.
When the buttons clicked, the text is changing.
What buttons? Did you look at the screen shot that I sent?

There is nothing on the page. No buttons to click on. Am I missing something? Or is most of this not implemented?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for not being clear. Those are list of the items that is not implemented.
Can you send me the SVG buttons, the images that you want to use, and the text that you want to use?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Image is already provided.
SVG buttons - URl:
Menu Items - Home, About, Work and Contact
Thank you. I will do my best and get back to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your help. If there is anything you need, let me know.
You're welcome. I will contact you once I have this completed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long do you think you can completed this?
Perhaps another hour or two.
Hello again!

Please download the files here:

As you are aware, this stuff is somewhat out of my comfort zone. However, I have done my best for you and I think you will like it. At least there is now some functionality. Please feel free to modify the CSS in any way you want.

The files that you sent me included three SVG titles: "Biography", "Projects", and "Contact". Since I don't work with SVG, I used those and enabled them.

You will see that if you click on any of these items, the content fades in and the title changes/fades in.

If you are going to add more links/titles, it is very simple to enable them. The ID of the link is set to the case conditions within your fadein javascript function. So, when one of the links is clicked upon, we pass the ID of that link over to the fadein function. It then performs the functionality based on the switch case.

So you can see that adding a new item is very simple. You would add the link, add the SVG title graphic, and add a case to the switch statement for this new item. Everything else is already set up and functional.

Feel free, of course, to change any of the functionality or styles. However, I think that it looks great and actually does something now.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful evening!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for helping me. Just few tweaks...
The functionality is great but it is missing a title.
The buttons are not following my CSS. (Can you check out why?)
Layout is little off. URL:
Hello again,

Your CSS isn't working because you are attempting to apply styles attributes that do not exist on an SVG rect element. For instance, the rect element has no background-color CSS attribute. It has a fill attribute. There is also no background-position attribute. Simply put, your CSS for the rect element is completely incompatible with SVG. Here is a reference for styling SVG elements:

SVG Styling

Notice that very few CSS2 attributes are actually compatible with SVG. SVG has its own style attributes that you must use (e.g., fill, stroke, fill-opacity). Notice that even in your buttons.html page, most of your CSS does not work. You have to rewrite it using SVG styles where appropriate. For instance, you currently have a border defined in the .btn class. There is no border attribute in SVG. Perhaps you want the stroke attribute. The btn class is almost completely incompatible.

The layout is an easy enough change. Here are the altered files:

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you again.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For this class :D
We will have more adventures, I can assure you...
Awesome. I look forward to it.

Have a wonderful day.