TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

For TheDoctor: I would like help with this assignment: Create

For TheDoctor:

I would like help with this assignment:

Create a well-designed and aesthetically-pleasing login page using HTML and CSS.

Apply a basic client side JavaScript® encryption function to the login fields. For example, use string manipulation, such as a to z, b to y, and so on. You decide on the encryption type, application, and method.

Submit the complete application along with your algorithm logic and its potential vulnerabilities.
Category: Homework
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

I will contact you once this is complete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great! I know you've worked on this problem before. The answer you create for me must be unique. Thanks!
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
It will be 100% unique.

Thank you
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

You can download the completed project here:

http://wikisend.com/download/148124/encryptLogin.zip

I just wrote this from scratch. So it is 100% original work.

There are three files, all of which you need. The first is obviously login.html. When the form is submitted, you are taken to the acknowledgment.html page.

The acknowledgment page displays the encrypted values so that you and your instructor can see that your code works. The other files is the CSS file, which is responsible for all of the layout.

I included comments for your benefit and because instructors tend to like commented code.

As far as the "algorithm" that is at lines 79 - 94 of the login.html file (the encrypt function). It uses the array at line(s) 16 and 17.

The vulnerability of this type of encryption is that it is the simplest form of substitution cipher. The key array could be altered to make the associations between letters more random than the front-to-back paradigm that is being used. That would make it marginally more secure. However, it would still be extremely weak encryption because it is still a basic substitution cipher. It currently has a predictable pattern and a 1:1 character ratio (one encrypted character is equal to one decrypted character). This means that there are only 26 possibility for any character. It is extremely easy to break.

Alright, that should meet all of the requirements and answer all of the questions for this assignment. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nice work. I noticed that if the user name and password XXXXX numbers, the numbers are not encrypted. If you can update that, it looks good to go. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nice work. I noticed that if the user name/password XXXXX numbers, the numbers are not encrypted. Can you update the file to do that?
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
That was intentional. There was no requirement to do a substitution on numbers also. The requirements clearly indicate a string alpha manipulation. However, I can add in the numbers also. I will have it to you shortly.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems