ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
44910485

For ALTPROI need two applications written in JAVA. They need

Customer Question

For ALTPRO
I need two applications written in JAVA. They need to be simple and easy to understand for a begining programmer.

Application 1:

I need an application written in JAVA that reads from a text file called: listings.txt, analyzes the property listed per agent, and outputs a report to an text file called: agentreport.txt file. The application should do the following:

1. Prompt the user for the name of the input file (listings.txt).

2. Open listings.txt file and read in property listings.

3. Store each property type into a Set.

a. Convert property type to upper case before adding to the Set using method(s) from String class.

b. Sort the Set of property types alphabetically.

4. Use a Map to calculate total property listed in dollars and cents for each agent id.

Note: Agent id would be the key, and accumulated total of property listed would be the value.

• Sort your Map by agent id.

• Create an agentreport.txt file.

5. Use an Iterator to iterate through the Set and write a sorted set of property types sold by the agents to the agentreport.txt file.

6. Iterate through your Map to write your sorted pair of agent id and total property listed to the agentreport.txt file.

Application 2:

I need an application written in JAVA that reads the text file: listings.txt, analyzes the properties listed, and outputs an overview of properties listed to an overview.txt file. Your application should do the following:

2. Open the listings.txt file and read in property listing information using a buffered FileReader.

3. Count the total number of property listings for sale.

• Use buffered FileWriter to write the count of the number of property listings to your overview.txt file.

4. Calculate the total value of property for sale.

• Use a buffered FileWriter to write the total value of properties currently for sale.

5. Store each property id into an ArrayList.

a. Sort the ArrayList of property ids using natural ordering.

b. Use a for-each loop to iterate through the sorted ArrayList and write property ids to overview.txt file using buffered FileWriter.

6. Use buffered FileWriter to write the total value of the properties listed and the total number of properties currently for sale.

Note: All code needs to be commented well using single line and/or multi line comments, and explainging program flow and logic in terms easily understandable by a begginer programmer.
Category: Homework
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer, It will be my pleasure to help you. Can you please let me know how soon you need this done.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No later than Friday hopefully
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.
Ok i will have these programs ready by then. Please note that since these are 2 programs and looking at effort the question should be priced around $55. Please confirm if that sounds ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that sounds fine
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.
Ok i will have these ready Curtis soon
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.
Please download solution from

http://wikisend.com/download/533244/Solution.zip
I hope i was able to assist you. If you are happy with my service please rate my service . If your are not 100% satisfied, please reply to me so that i can help you better. Please start your question with "For ATLProg only" to request me again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how did you know EXACTLY what would be in the txt files? and how do you know my name? have you done this same exact thing before? Curious...
you are not setting me up are you?
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.

I had done it in the past so knew exactly what was needed. I did modify few things in code. I will request you to modify this to give your personal touch too

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No problem, sorry i was just a lil nervous/ concerned. I will review the program tonight. Thanks
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.
ok
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.
Ok please remember to rate when you have reviewed it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do i get these programs to run. I can open them in Netbeans, but i cannot run them. Is there something i am not doing right?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the error i get is: task.pkg2.Task2 class wasn't found in task 2 project

how can i fix this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Never mind i got the program to run, now i just need some comment information on what the program (Program2a) is doing on lines 55-98. also how is the alphabetical sorting achieved for property types.
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.
Please rate my answer and I will be happy to add commens
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I needed some information regarding what is actually happenings on lines 55-98 of program 2a you wrote for me. http://wikisend.com/download/533244/Solution.zip
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how is the alphabetical sorting achieved for property types in program 2a?
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.
Its becaue of the usage of TreeMap which does sorting by itself

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/TreeMap.html
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks so much, everything was spot on.
Expert:  ATLProg replied 3 years ago.
welcome