TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

Please provide details.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am more willing to increase the value if needed.

I need assistance toward to my Jeopardy game. I have more details needed to be done and we will work together in this.

Hello again,

Please let me know what you would like done with the game.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Be patience with me as the site won't allow me to post a large amount of information on the textarea. However, I have a solution:

That is a large amount of work. By when do you need this? I could have it to you before Tuesday morning. Will that work?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will prefer by tmw 6pm EST. Will that work?

Hello again,

I really doubt that I will be able to complete this by that time. I will try my best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am removing the "Uses at least two jQuery plugins that augment your project" from the list.

That helps. I will contact you once this is complete.
Hello again,

There is no chance that this will be done by 6pm. If I had from now till then to continue working on it without any distractions, possibly. However, that is not the case. I have other obligations, including going to the hospital, which is why I told you by Tuesday morning.

As I am working through this large list of requirements, they are each taking a long time. The game itself doesn't even match the requirement for loading the rounds. So that needs to be redone.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand :( What have you done so far?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need them as soon as possible.

Hello again,

Everything is done except the form and the help page.

The game is completely done.

It is coming along nicely.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So you are able to complete them or should I take over?

I will contact you when this is ready.
The form is a lot of work. It involves AJAX calls to populate the form, jQuery to populate drop downs based on selection from other drop downs. And once that is all done, the PHP to process the form.

I suspect that this will all be done by 8PM EST.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ah you are working on the submit.html. I want to say that thanks for being there for me.

Hello again!

Thank you so much for your patience. This was a lot of work and I had other obligations that I could not reschedule. I worked as hard as I could to get this done quickly and accurately.

You can download the project here:

Obviously, this all needs to be run on a server (WAMP/XAMPP or actual web server).

The game works a little differently now based on the requirements. The requirements state that the user should be able to select the game and play it. When the finish the first round, they can select to continue on to the second round or not. So that is how it works.

When you go to the game, you need to click on the question that you want to answer. When you do so, you will see the text "Enter Answer".

When you start typing, "Enter Answer" will disappear and be replaced by your text.

To submit your answer, you must press enter. When you press enter, one of two things will happen:

1.) If your answer is correct, it will turn the block green and the score will be updated. I did the color things because the requirement include a visual indication that the question has been answered.

2.) If your answer is incorrect, the question will turn red and the score stays the same.

Once all questions have been submitted, the game will ask you if you want to continue to the second round. If you confirm, then the second round is loaded and your score is retained. Notice that in the second round, the scores are doubled (hence, double jeopardy).

If you select not to continue the game, you are given your final score and then taken back to the menu. If you finish the second round, you are given your final score and then you are taken to the menu.

If you click on the reset button at any time, you are taken back to the menu.

The Help page is very basic. According to the instructions, there wasn't much to be done there. I think it was just so your instructor knows how the game is supposed to work. And I did add those instructions.

For the submit form (add a question), you are supposed to do SOMETHING with the submitted form. So the something I did was use mail to send a message. If you look at lines 32 and 33 of the submit.php file, you will see the email addresses being used.

You can change those to your school email address if you wish. The point is to generate a message, which it is doing. Obviously, sending an email message requires an SMTP server. So if you are testing on your local computer, it will not send an email message.

However, you can still test the email. Go here and download the test mail server tool. Once you download it, install it. Once it is installed, run it. You can run it in the background. The point is to have it running. You shouldn't need to change any settings.

What this will do is watch for an attempt to contact port 25 on your computer (php attempting to send an email). It will grab the email message and open it up in your default email client (i.e., Outlook).

That way, you can see the actual email message exactly as it would be in the real world without having a true SMTP server installed on your computer.

You will also see that the form itself does go through validation. If you just attempt to submit, you will get HTML5 errors for the text inputs. If you fill out the text inputs but do not select a game/round/category, you will receive error message for those. The form will not submit until you have everything filled out.

So that meets all of the requirements and the game is fully functional. Thank you again for being so patient and letting me assist you with this. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I couldn't access to the What about

Try download it here.

Thank you again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I just need help with couple of things according to the game and css before I rate your service.
Normally, the jeopardy game should not reveal the questions until the user click the question. But, it reveal the question already.
As I updated the XML file, the css of the quesitons wasn't pleasant to the eye. I might need help with that.
Category XML URL:
Rounds XML URL:

The question showing was how the game always was from what you originally sent me, to what I sent you in the last question. I didn't realize you wanted to change how that functions. Also, the instructions clearly state that you do not need to follow the real jeopardy rules. You can make your own.

It is going to be a while before I can make these changes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In that case, just focus the css.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you able to make changes before 9pm?

I believe so.
Hello again,

In order to handle the CSS issue, I had to handle the question display. Here is the new version:

Now, the question is revealed once you click on the question. I had to change everything about how the rows are positioned. It was a challenge. But I think you'll be happy with the result.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Please remember to rate my answer. Have a wonderful evening!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Even though I love having the editable span for answer, I am afraid the user wont find it. It is not user friendly.... I was wondering if we can replace it with the input.

What do you mean "won't find it"? You don't have to find it. Once you click on the answer, you just start typing. That's in the instructions. All you do is start typing.

The bigger issue right now is that it is not marking correct when the answer is correct. I believe it has something to do with the use of CDATA. It was working until the XML changes. I'm trying to correct it now.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I noticed the submit page wont show the results in dropdown.

I'm not following that statement.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is not showing anything on the dropdown. What I am seeing right now is this and nothing more.

Game: --Select a Game--

Round: --Select a Game--

I'm looking at it in both IE and Chrome and it is working fine. I updated the form . js file in the last version that I sent so that it reads from the new XML file.

Make certain that you do a CTRL-F5 on the page. Also, clear your cache. It is working correctly.

At first, only game has an item. You have to select a game for the next drop down to populate. Then you select a round, then the category populates. That is why, at first, they all say "Select a Game". Then they will say "Select a Round"

It is working in both Chrome and IE unless you are not using the files I just sent or your page is cached.

I added some additional validation. Here are all the files again:

The form is fully functional. Make sure that you use the new js file for the form and that you have cleared your cache. It is working in all my browsers.
Also, when you are running through it, keep in mind that the form also uses AJAX, so it must be run on a server. If you still have issues, then press F12 and look for an error in the console. It is working for me in every browser.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that. I guess we got everything covered.

Alright. Have a wonderful night.